1. DKC
    I downloaded Minitones and I'm having some issues with it that I don't understand.

First, is there a volume option? Any file I play (when you first open up the program and it shows you all the files you have) is extremely loud and I can't figure out what volume to adjust to change it.

Second, I have some wav files (which I just want to have to play on occasion, not for ringtones) and I've noticed that several of them will not play completely. It plays maybe 2/3. I checked the original files on my PC and they are fine.

Third, is there a setting so that when I bring up a file and play it, it will play and then stop, instead of playing over and over and over until I click to stop it?

thanks!!!
    1) turn down your ring vol.
    2)convert your wave to mp3, why would you use a wave file? theya re too big.
    3)it will loop the file like ringtone, unless you make it a txt msg ringtone

if you listening to files, use ptunes to listen to it. minitones is an editing prog for ring tones.
  3. DKC
    1) I have tried adjusting the volume every way I know how and nothing changes.

2) I have wav files because I downloaded some mp3's and I found out after I had them on the phone that some were actually wav's instead. Since minitones saw them I thought I'd just leave them as they were for the moment. I have tried converting them, but none of the programs I try will work, they all say there is some sort of error.

3) I could handle the looping, but it doesn't even play the whole file, that's the main issue.

Right now, I'm thinking I'll just ditch minitones. My phone has been acting really strange since I added it and it's just not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DKC View Post
    1) I have tried adjusting the volume every way I know how and nothing changes.

2) I have wav files because I downloaded some mp3's and I found out after I had them on the phone that some were actually wav's instead. Since minitones saw them I thought I'd just leave them as they were for the moment. I have tried converting them, but none of the programs I try will work, they all say there is some sort of error.

3) I could handle the looping, but it doesn't even play the whole file, that's the main issue.

Right now, I'm thinking I'll just ditch minitones. My phone has been acting really strange since I added it and it's just not worth it.
    Good grief.. Minitones does one thing, and one thing only. It converts a given file to one the Treo can play natively. It does nothing else. If you're having problems, it is not minitones.
  5. DKC
    khaytsus - Good Grief - try READING a post before replying

Firstly, I didn't ask about it converting files, nor did I even say I wanted it to. I knew it wouldn't from the beginning. That's why I said I had used other programs to try to convert the files.

Secondly, YOU don't know what was causing the problems I was having nor do you have ANY way to know it was or was not Minitones. For your information, Minitones is the one and only thing I added to my spanking-new Treo and as soon as I uninstalled Minitones, every issue I've had has amazingly disappeared.

Go peddle your know-it-all attitude somewhere else.