Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by EdZilla View Post
    I am waiting for black, of all colors why the white with puke green keys?
    Not puke, pea green. Looks nice unless at night and the backlight is on. Then it looks too white and its easy to miss the number keys.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    I'm in the Chicagoland. My AT&T store, which I've dealt with exclusively for the last 4 years or more, is still telling me today that they can ORDER Centros today, but they will not have them for a couple days. They say that AT&T corporate wouldn't let them order them prior to today.

Why is it all of you are able to find these phones prior to my store even being able to order them?
    The only thing that would make sense about that would be, maybe it's not really an ATT store. For example, we have one in our mall here in Battle Creek that, for a long time, had just the ATT sign out front, leading me and everyone else to believe they were a corporate store. Only when I asked why they didn't have any info on the Centro's did I find out they were really just a reseller.

Other than that possibility, you're right. Kalamazoo has them, but Chicago doesn't???
    tim
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    if I was to buy one from a different store and sign up for the new 2 year contract, I'd be giving them my residuals wouldn't I?
    Yes. For dealers, at least, the store gets a commission for lines activated/renewed, much like an individual rep within the store (or many retail businesses) does.

Unfortunately, that can sometimes place people in a dilemma, as you're finding.
    Palm sent me a release email, but I haven't checked my local store yet. Hopefully they'll release other colors soon...I dont mind the white but green buttons? yek
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    The big question now is how long it will take for us to get the Obsidian Black Centro. The white model looks like something for a teenage girl.
    Mark Bergman
    I've answered my own question...this from the Palm Developers Network site "The Palm Centro from AT&T is available in new "glacier white" with green keypad accents, and, in approximately one month, AT&T will debut a second color -- "obsidian black.""
    Mark Bergman
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    I dont mind the white but green buttons? yek
    Wait a minute... you put that picture of a pink, rhinestone Treo in for your avatar, but the green buttons you can't handle???
    tim
  8. brf
    Yes, I want the Centro too, and am going to wait for black.
    The White is just plain awful! and thats before the green keys.
    When are the carriers going to quit playing this stupid game of stringing out the release of different colors or only offering certain colors on one carrier and other colors on another carrier.
    Are you listening Palm, AT&T??
    VisorPhone >>Treo 600 >>Black Palm Centro
    PacBell/Cingular/AT&T GSM
    Any errors in tact, fact or spelling
    are entirely due to transmission error
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    I've answered my own question...this from the Palm Developers Network site "The Palm Centro from AT&T is available in new "glacier white" with green keypad accents, and, in approximately one month, AT&T will debut a second color -- "obsidian black.""
    Nice find, Mark. That's good to know!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Perhaps we could all agree to post here as soon as we find the black model available either through AT&T retail or on-line. I know that I'll be watching daily.
    Mark Bergman
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12