Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. DFS
    DFS is offline
    DFS's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
       #1  
    OK fellow 680 owners,

    Any suggestions on how to remove unwanted icons from the screen.

    1) I know that many of these programs reside in ROM so I am not really removing them, just thier icon - but out of sight, out of mind - and I can't use that ROM anyway...

    B) Any advice on third party programs like Invisible, Obfuscate, SharkROM, and ROM hide. Some are old, one is in German, none seem very 680 friendly.

    III) I know that I can set up a personalized category screen, but that seems inelegant to me...

    Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. #2  
    If you use the stock launcher on the 680, the best app to hide things is a freeware app called "Hide Applications Panel." Obfuscate will work, but I don't think its as stable. The Hide Applications Panel shows up in your preferences after you download it, and you simply click on the programs you want to hide. The problem, however, (and this seems to be true regardless of which app you use to hide applications) is that if you use a third party launcher, they all show up again in the third party launcher. Personally, I use Initiate Pro, which has a hide function and Hide Applications Panel, so that the ROM apps I don't want to see, I never see.
  3. #3  
    I second the "hide apps panel" app. Works wonderfully
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  4. #4  
    I use zlauncher and have a "crap" folder which I have hidden by default.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  5. #5  
    I use LauncherX, and I created a "Hidden" category (similar to babydol's "crap" folder -- which I find very descriptive, so maybe I'll change mine to "crap" too!), where I put all the apps I want to hide. I have it set to stay hidden by default, but I can use a menu option to show everything in it whenever I want to. Works beautifully.
  6. SoTacMatt's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I use LauncherX, and I created a "Hidden" category (similar to babydol's "crap" folder -- which I find very descriptive, so maybe I'll change mine to "crap" too!), where I put all the apps I want to hide. I have it set to stay hidden by default, but I can use a menu option to show everything in it whenever I want to. Works beautifully.
    This is exactly what I do, works great!

    Oh, except I just named my folder "Hidden"

    :P
  7. #7  
    Invisible works 4 me. It works perfectly, free, and simply on the 680. Although, it does have it's own icon. :-/
    Patrick Horne
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I second the "hide apps panel" app. Works wonderfully
    I third that. It's perfect.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Invisible works 4 me. It works perfectly, free, and simply on the 680. Although, it does have it's own icon. :-/
    I'm pretty sure Invisible is shareware, not freeware.
  10. DFS
    DFS is offline
    DFS's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
       #10  
    Wow, thanks!

    I have been running "Hide Applications Panel" for several days and so far, so good.

    Now if I could only get my new Costco Bluetooth Headset to work....
  11. #11  
    If you use this and hide an application can you still access it? Like say I want to fix it to where my messaging doesn't have an icon on my screen but I can still use a short cut key or get to it myself in some other manner just don't want someone who picks up my phone to be able to tap on and get into my messaging.

    Thanks!!!
  12. DFS
    DFS is offline
    DFS's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
       #12  
    I guess you could:
    • "unhide" the application
    • do what ever you wanted to do
    • "rehide" the application

    But I am getting to old for that sort of thing!
  13. #13  
    I use no special launcher program. I leave all those undesirable program apps and their icons in the "unfiled" category of apps. I never look at the "all" category, just my categories like "games", "medical", "music & pics", "personal info mgr" and so forth. That's how I avoid the clutter, and it works fine for me.
    -- Josh
  14. #14  
    Hide Applications Panel works great. Linky:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...7&d=1181005792
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkarnette View Post
    If you use this and hide an application can you still access it? Like say I want to fix it to where my messaging doesn't have an icon on my screen but I can still use a short cut key or get to it myself in some other manner just don't want someone who picks up my phone to be able to tap on and get into my messaging.

    Thanks!!!
    You can make an App shortcut to Messaging in your Phone speed-dial area.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.

Posting Permissions