Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I have my work email setup in chatter on my 700p as an IMAP account. Yesterday I could no longer connect. Instead of an envelope in the lower right corner i get connect, then login and it repeats over and over. Any ideas on what is causing this?
    _____________
    Visor -> Treo 650 Cingular UNLocked (Cing. Blue Phone on Orange Network) -> vzw 700p -> VZW Centro (much better)
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    I have my work email setup in chatter on my 700p as an IMAP account. Yesterday I could no longer connect. Instead of an envelope in the lower right corner i get connect, then login and it repeats over and over. Any ideas on what is causing this?
    I will tell you what, I am dealing with the same thing, and it is literally heart breaking! Chatter has worked so well for me. I have tried everything from deleting the entire program, to hard resetting my phone. Nothing has worked; connect/login/connect/login... It has been like that for 3 days now. My only other option is Versamail, and it is no where near as flexible. But, I do understand that Chatter is no longer actively "supported." Marc has made a few updates recently, but I am aware that he will not do any in depth work on the program. I understand his position, and appreciate all that he has done. All good things must come to an end, but I feel like I am in a relationship that has gone bad. I feel like I must break up. Chatter was the significant App that kept me on the palm side.

    I looked at Windows phones on the internet today. I am now more curious about the 800w. It is very sad...
  3. #3  
    Do either of you have a Gmail account you can test your IMAP connection with? I'm currently running Chatter version 3.0.18 and am having no problems connecting to Gmail via IMAP.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Do either of you have a Gmail account you can test your IMAP connection with? I'm currently running Chatter version 3.0.18 and am having no problems connecting to Gmail via IMAP.
    Well, it looks like I will be staying with Palm for just a while longer. I finally figured out what was going on with Chatter; changes with the server made it so that I had to uncheck SSL. I should have known it was something simple, but never the less... I am very happy! You never know what you miss until it is gone...
  5. estroh's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    #5  
    TLS is still checked?


    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    Well, it looks like I will be staying with Palm for just a while longer. I finally figured out what was going on with Chatter; changes with the server made it so that I had to uncheck SSL. I should have known it was something simple, but never the less... I am very happy! You never know what you miss until it is gone...
  6.    #6  
    gmail account is fine. i assume it is my server but not sure what.

    it is strange i can send email but not receive it.
    _____________
    Visor -> Treo 650 Cingular UNLocked (Cing. Blue Phone on Orange Network) -> vzw 700p -> VZW Centro (much better)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    gmail account is fine. i assume it is my server but not sure what.

    it is strange i can send email but not receive it.
    Bling

    I had the same issue. Try messing around with the SSL and and Form Based options in delivery tab. I also had to soft reset every time I changed one of them, to see if it worked. Goodl uck!
  8. estroh's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    #8  
    The problem is with Sprint not registering DNS name (smtp.gmail.com) with the appropriate number.

    replace it with the number - its written in another thread and it works.

    Or ping it from your desktop and replace smtp.gmail.com and imap.gmail.com under edit mailbox.

    Good Luck.

Posting Permissions