1.    #1  
    I've been hounding the forum searches, but I seem to be finding only old posts...

Is there any way to make the LED blink when we get new mail in Chatter on the 755p? I dearly miss this feature from my 650!

Is there another app I can use? Anything?

Also, is there a significant increase in battery drainage if the LED light is left steady on for, say, several hours when I get a new e-mail? If so, I'm probably better off with NO LED notification!
    Doesn't chatter have a preference for that?
  3.    #3  
    I think I have the latest version of chatter... It has a preference for LED notifications on or off (for various phone states), but no "blinking or steady" option or anything like that.

From my research, Treo models beginning with the 680 were unable to do the chatter blinking LED notification. But, considering how resourceful treo owners tend to be, I'm sure SOMEONE came up with a way to bring this feature back!
    Butler lets you change the LED alert type for different alerts with LED Control.

You can define individual led types for each alert type:

For sms, you can set blinking or solid, red, orange, or green.
    For voicemail ....
    For normal alerts ....

etc

It's not app specific, but you could adjust the normal alerts to be what you want (which I believe is what chatter uses). You can even set a sleep period for the led control.
    I have the newest version of chatter.
    and I haven't been able to take off the solid green LED light when I get a new email.
    Can someone tell me how to turn it off?

Also, I was woundering since the f/w update is it posible to have the yellow envelope icon on the top lefthand side show up. The reason I ask is because, when I first bought my 755 the first thing I noticed was that everytime I would receive a new email, I wouldn't get an envelope. Instead I would get a solid green LED light.
    when I asked on this fourm, I was told that it was due to the rom on the phone. So the reason I ask is is.... since its an updated rom... should the icon pop-up now?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Inside Chatter>Menu>Preferences>notifications> uncheck the led box. Works for me.

I know that the LED response is messed up on the 700p though. read the forum for chatter mail about that.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
  7. OFN
    Both of these are things that bugged me when I switched from my 650. I miss them, but, hey, what's a guy to do. The program still works VERY well, just a few little things that bug me, that really have no affect. The console commands to switch the LED color don't seem to work anymore either. I was used to it either blinking, or for a change of pace switching it to orange when I got an email, just to change the day. LIke I said, I miss it, but it's not TOO big a deal since Chatter is still the best fit for my push Exchange email with my company.

KP
    that is in the preferences of Chatter, it worked on my 650,700 and 755
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    that is in the preferences of Chatter, it worked on my 650,700 and 755
    Can you elaborate? Do you have a blinking LED for your new emails on a 755p?
    On my sprint 755 when i get an email I get soild green light. As soon as i open up chatter the green light goes away
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    do you have Butler? There is an option within the preferences in Chatter than allow you to check whether or not you want Butler to control the LED. If you do this I'd imagine you could set it to blink? I personally have mine stay on and let Chatter control that since the attention grabber and slow blinking led through Butler tell me other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentyler20 View Post
    Can you elaborate? Do you have a blinking LED for your new emails on a 755p?
    yes it blinks, but thats also because i also use Butler.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I haven't updated my version of Chatter in a while, but my LED blinks when I receive new email in Chatter. Currently running version 3.0.10 on my 755p. And I'm not running Butler.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by unvme View Post
    I haven't updated my version of Chatter in a while, but my LED blinks when I receive new email in Chatter. Currently running version 3.0.10 on my 755p. And I'm not running Butler.
    How is this possible? I'm very confused!