1. mjf
    Hi,
    Around the time that I installed Good ver 5.0.3.23 on my Treo 700P, I opened up my Palm Desktop for Windows on my PC and it did not ask me for my password as usual. So I looked on my Treo and I was surprised to see that the security icon and application were GONE!

Soft reset did not bring it back. I read Good Guy's sticky post "Motorola ships Good Mobile Messaging 5" and this mentions the enhanced Security app. Some further research led to some posts that described how others had also experienced vanishing Palm Security Icon when they had installed another security program on their Palm device. This led me to wonder if the new Good security "Good Mobile Defense" that is now part of 5.0.3.23 could somehow have caused the Palm's native Security app to go away. If so,
    how do I get it back?

As stated, this is important to me because the Palm Windows Desktop app DEPENDS on the Palm native Security App.

Thanks very much,
    Mitch
    Last edited by mjf; 02/23/2008 at 11:33 PM. Reason: no response
    Palm Pilot Personal -->Palm Personal with 2MB upgrade-->Palm IIIe-->Palm IIIXe-->Palm VIIx-->Palm i705-->Treo 600-->Treo700p
  2. mjf
    Does GMM 5.0.3.23 wipe out Palm Native Security app? It seems to have done this on my Treo 700p.

This was main question in my last msg, but in re-reading, I think it got lost in my verbosity. Thanks.
    Last edited by mjf; 02/23/2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: typo
    Palm Pilot Personal -->Palm Personal with 2MB upgrade-->Palm IIIe-->Palm IIIXe-->Palm VIIx-->Palm i705-->Treo 600-->Treo700p
  3. mjf
    Dear GoodGuy,
    Could you please respond to my question when you have a moment?
    Thanks
    Me and a few other people at my company have had this happen after they were upgraded to 5 too. I think GMM does takeover the security feature. I'm having our email admin look into this.
    Last edited by gizmoguy; 02/28/2008 at 01:15 PM.
  5. mjf
    Thanks very much for your reply. Glad to hear that it's not just me!
    This is a significant issue for me because, as mentioned, I use the Palm Desktop app for Windows a lot, and the security for this PC app is directly tied into the Palm PDA native security. So if I lose the PDA security, then I lose the ability to password protect the PC Palm Desktop app.

I hope Good Guy is reading and can put in a good word with the folks at "Goodlink Central"
  6. mjf
    I found a fix.

Another member of Treocentral helped me out by posting the Security app from his or her 700P. When I installed this into RAM, my security icon came back on the Treo and my password protection came back on my PC Palm Desktop app after syncing.

I tried Goodlink and it still works as far as I can tell, and the Palm native Security app remained after I turned off Goodlink.

Here is the link to the post with the Security.prc app.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1410302
    mjf, thanks! that worked for me too! Wonder what happened to GOOD GUY
  8. mjf
    You're welcome; glad it worked, but be careful with one thing:

I then tested the Good Security by selecting the LOCK option from within Good. This caused my TREO to freeze up, and when I did a soft reset, I noted that the Palm Native Security Icon from my application screen was gone again. I did another soft reset, recopied the Palm Native Security app back into RAM from my Card (it was already in RAM, but not showing up on the Applic screen so I assumed it got corrupted or something and reinstalled it). Now Good is working again and the security is there. So it seems Good Security and Palm native security are incompatible.

I hope GoodGuy is OK too!
    mjf, I did noticed after soft resets. GMM actually hides the Palm security. Right now my work around from the freezing up is to 1st setup your GMM security. I saved a copy of the security.prc file on my card then copy the Palm security from the card to the phone. Set the Palm pw next and have "Auto Lock Device: set to NEVER". I have Current Privacy set at masked records. This prevents the freeze up and you let GMM handle the locking of the phone after an idle time amount.

Good luck