1.    #1  
    Anyone have a good freeware RSS reader, or perhaps one that's around $5? I tried out the Resco one, but it puts my Centro into a reset loop ... any help would be awesome!

Also, anyone know of a tower defense game for POS?
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Splashnews

redherring reader
    Weird... I use the Resco News on my Centro, and it works great. I had tried some of the free ones and was really disappointed. After trying the RescoNews for a day I knew I was buying it.

Was it one specific feed that caused the problem? or it just never worked altogether?
    I use the free (ad-supported) GoTreo reader. A bit sluggish and it fails to recognize some of my feeds, but the price is right.
    http://www.gotreosoftware.com/produc...reonewsreader/

I use the Yahoo! RSS reader on my desktop, and was able to export its XML representation of my list of feeds, and then import that into the GoTreo reader on my Centro.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Google Reader
    and if you want an excellent pay for one, Quick News. www.standalone.com

Ben
    How about Opera Mini? It has RSS reader built-in.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Upgrading your kinoma player will also get you an rss reader plus a whole lot more. Resco has been great for me. No resets what so ever.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    I find that the beta version of Bloglines is the best. m.beta.bloglines.com. I am not a huge fan of the mobile version of Google Reader.
    Thanks,

Chad Garrett
    Quote Originally Posted by chadman View Post
    I find that the beta version of Bloglines is the best. m.beta.bloglines.com. I am not a huge fan of the mobile version of Google Reader.
    Dang!! Didn't know about this! I still like Resco News for my text blogs, but this is nice for my daily reading of comic strips that I have on Bloglines. (if I rush out of the house without getting to read them on the computer first)

Thanks Chadman!
    I used the free Go Treo news reader and hated it and it put a lot of extra Smaato files in the RAM. I used Quick News and hated that one too.

I use Resco Neews on my Centro and never had a problem with it. No banner adds either. I bought Resco Neews the day I tried it and never been disappointed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700 View Post
    Dang!! Didn't know about this! I still like Resco News for my text blogs, but this is nice for my daily reading of comic strips that I have on Bloglines. (if I rush out of the house without getting to read them on the computer first)

Thanks Chadman!
    No problem. Try the desktop version at beta.bloglines.com... it rocks!
    Thanks,

Chad Garrett
    Quote Originally Posted by chadman View Post
    oh nice. i like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Upgrading your kinoma player will also get you an rss reader plus a whole lot more.
    (Thanks for the kind words, Lenny!) To clarify for folks who aren't familiar with it, I wanted to note that Kinoma Player lets you play RSS feeds that contain media -- i.e. podcast feeds, YouTube feeds, Flickr photostreams, etc.

To read text blogs, you'll still need a traditional feed reader. Since I use Google Reader, I use reader.google.com with Web (Blazer).

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks