1.    #1  
    After prolonged periods of inactivity, the screen on my treo 650 will not turn on. The green light still flashes but I can't receive calls or use the phone/pda without performing a soft reset. I also find that when I have the phone on me but the screen is asleep, when i press the off or send button, the phone resets and I get the palm one screen. I find that I'm taking the cover off and resetting the phone several times a day. I have no 3rd party software on the phone and have already done several hard resets when I first got the phone. I got this phone second hand and I think i now know why they wanted to get rid of it.

Any ideas or is this a normal glitch for this particular phone?

Also a stupid questions...is there any way to turn the phone completely off so that the battery does not drain overnight....

thanks!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Upgrade to a newer phone the 650 was very very buggy.
    My Treo 680 is like this, too. Maybe not THAT bad, but I'm always wondering why it just freezes, shuts off all the time.
    To jasvet,
    After you hard-reset did you re-install your data from SD card backup or HotSync?
    If from HotSync then go to the palm folder in the program files directory (in windows, I don't use Mac, don't ask me anything on that system), go to your treo hotsync name folder, find the folder named "backup" and rename it to another (backup_old or whatever). Then HotSync.
    It would also be a good idea to check if there is database corruption in your PIM files. Open the palm desktop, go to tools (I think) and check for corruption.

BTW: you can turn on & off the phone connection by pressing the red phone button for a while, you know the one you use to turn-off the screen. There is no need to soft reset to turn on/off connection.

Hope this helps.
    Another thought, what is your phone ROM & firmware version. There might be a newer rom available for your carrier.
    To find out the version, go to the phone screen, hit menu, option, phone info.