1.    #1  
    Is there any way to attach and send any type of file I want and however many files I want? Also can I remove the 160 character limit? I really like the stock messaging app aside from these limitations.

Thanks for any help!
    If I understand your question, not with messaging (short message service).

The standard specifies messages of up to 160 characters, with nothing about attachments. I think there are SMS client programs that will take longer messages and split them into multiple 160 character messages and then send them.

I believe you will need to use something else (like email) to send larger messages and attachments.

You can read more about SMS at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_message_service
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
  3.    #3  
    Alright, well I know how SMS works, but by messaging I was trying to encompass SMS and MMS. I had a razr that would allow up to 400 characters, although I assume it was sent as multiple messages that were rejoined together by the receiving phone.

Also by sending pictures and audio files I would be sending them to another phone, so email wouldn't work properly for that.

Thanks for the help though.
    No problem sending >160 characters messages with Treo 650 here. The built-in program automatically splits long messages into different parts.