1.    #1  
    I am looking for clock software that I could load that would display, simply, the time of day. I can't see the small numerals without my glasses. I'm also outside a lot of time on jobs, so small numerals again hard to see even with glasses.
    I don't want alarms, just a button to push with a large display, something simple is great
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Might as well try KeyGuardTime+. I loved it on previous Palms (Clie, Treo 650), although I eventually removed it from my 755p as the primary suspect for occasional, random resets. Definitely a nice, big, simple (if you want it to be) clock w/ one-button access. Based on others' comments, it seems to be about a 50/50 shot whether it's entirely stable on any given 755 or Centro.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Looks great. I'm trying on my Centro, but I must be doing something wrong.

I installed Treo Hour. I want to use it for Keyguard so I can read the time without squinting. :-)

My regular keyguard is on, set to 5 seconds.

Treohour: Enabled Checked.
    Chime - DISABLED (don't need an hourly chime, but nice idea)

Keyguard: Enabled Checked
    Unlock Key: 5 Way Center.

Time out: Tried 5 sec and 7 sec.

Display: Full Screen

So it should use TreoHour as the keyguard, right? Instead, I'm getting no keyguard at all. I wait 5, 10, 30 seconds, etc. Click on a button, the screen pops right up, no keyguard at all. I do have Butler, but don't use its keyguard (no options selected).

Am I missing something?? (When I disabled TreoHour, the regular keyguard worked again)

Thanks
    Your native Centro KeyGuard is active... so it should work. Nothing wrong with the settings either. Did you press [Done] after all the settings and configuration? How about setting the native keyguard to lock immediately on power off and trying?

Edit: Saved incomplete post... hence the next post by nighthawk700
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/13/2008 at 12:28 PM.
    It is. "My regular keyguard is on, set to 5 seconds."
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I use ClockPop. It is old but works fine on my 650. I have it set so when I hold down the Mail button it shows the clock.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/clockpop5.shtml

Jason
    Kyocera 6035->Treo 600->Treo 650->HTC TouchPro->Epic 4G
    WatchMaker sounds like the perfect fit. You can set it to "stay on" and it will leave your screen on all night (like a real alarm clock). It can be used for timers and alarms should you want them, but no MP3 support. The LED display is nice and large, and if you still want your screen off but want to be able to check the time, just have the app open and push red button to turn screen off. The display is large enough and up high enough that when the default keyguard comes on, you can still see the time. So you don't have to turn key guard off to see what time it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra View Post
    Might as well try KeyGuardTime+. I loved it on previous Palms (Clie, Treo 650), although I eventually removed it from my 755p as the primary suspect for occasional, random resets. Definitely a nice, big, simple (if you want it to be) clock w/ one-button access. Based on others' comments, it seems to be about a 50/50 shot whether it's entirely stable on any given 755 or Centro.
    I second this. KGTime+ is one of my more indispensible apps for sure. I'm currently using it on my 700p, but when my Centro comes (tomorrow) I will put it on there.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  9.    #10  
    Thanks for the good suggestions. I tried all on Centro.
    WatchMaker is perfect - FYI - several settings of clocks, can adjust colors,
    completely tailor to what you want - fun and can see
    KeyGuard - does not work on Centro, I forget message, but older program.
    TreoHour was downloaded to phone but couldn't find file, could be program,
    phone compability, me . could only delete.

But since several have looked at this link, WatchMaker is free and just what I wanted.
    Thanks to all
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    "WatchMaker is perfect..."
    Cool! Glad you found what you were looking for.

"KeyGuard - does not work on Centro, I forget message, but older program."
    I should have mentioned that KGT+ will give that error on any device newer than 650 (or maybe 700p). Doesn't necessarily mean it won't work though. Some just hit the Proceed button and have no problems... I hit Proceed and had occasional resets, esp. when waking device in Blazer.

"TreoHour was downloaded to phone but couldn't find file..."
    It shows up in Prefs, not in the main Applications list. Config didn't seem very inuitive to me, though.

Not to hijack the thread (OK, maybe so since OP is good to go), but I'm getting frustrated in my search for a KGT+ replacement that's entirely stable on my 755p. To be fair, I suspect it's a combo of KGT+ and another app (LudusP or Hi-Launcher?) that causes the issue.

My must-haves (a la KGT+):
    - Time
    - Date
    - Battery %
    - Free memory space
    - Free card space

Preferred:
    - One-button access
    - Signal strength
    - Launch w/ native keyguard (or in lieu of if it still guards the keys)

Right now, I'm OK w/ Ak Utils, a nice DA from my Clie days that covers all the must-haves and none of the nice-to-haves. I suspect I've exhausted all other options at this point, but I'm all ears if anyone has a recommendation!
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster