1.    #1  
    This started today (first full day with the phone!), after installing several programs. The darn thing restarts after every hotsync, without fail. Very annoying.

What could be causing this?

Added so far:
    Chatter
    LEDoff
    KBlightsoff
    TCP Player
    KeyCaps600
    flightstatus
    fieldplus (but removed it)
    docstogo

Thoughts?
    I've used:

Chatter
    flightstatus
    docstogo

with no problems, so I doubt it's those.

Removing an app can be slightly suspect.
  3.    #3  
    So is there a way to fix this? The phone and all apps seem to operate just fine otherwise.
    Just a thought

I wonder if it is a preference setting - I have a program called NVBackup that asks me in the preferences if I want a soft reset after it backs up - so maybe Hotsync has a setting like that too?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentyler20 View Post
    This started today (first full day with the phone!), after installing several programs. The darn thing restarts after every hotsync, without fail. Very annoying.

What could be causing this?

Added so far:
    Chatter
    LEDoff
    KBlightsoff
    TCP Player
    KeyCaps600
    flightstatus
    fieldplus (but removed it)
    docstogo

Thoughts?
    Well, I can tell you what I would do...hope it helps (let me know if it does).

First, download the free Resco locker, found here:

http://www.resco.net/palm/locker/default.asp

Then, lock KeyCaps600, flieldplus (if you put it back), KBLightsoff, and LED off with Resco Locker. Make sure you lock the right apps.; it's easy to get confused as to which apps are highlighted for locking and which ones aren't. But don't worry, Resco can't hurt anything.

Then, do a hotsync and see if things work OK. If they do, you can unlock one app at a time until you find the culprit. Leave the one or more apps that cause the reset locked, it won't hurt anything, with Resco Locker.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Check the Backup Conduit. If it is not set to Handheld Overwrites Desktop it could be causing this issue, and is most definitely not saving any preferences files and related data to your computer.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the replies...

Here's what I've found. I realized later that when I tried to set up the "My Treo" thing on the treo, that was ALSO causing the 755 to reset every time. AFTER that, the hotsync reset thing started. So today, I tried the My treo thing again, and it worked without resetting (the registration completed properly). I just tried a *bluetooth* hotsync, and it went normally, with no reset. I'm afraid to even try a cable hotsync, for fear the reset thing might happen again! So as long as I can do an occasional bluetooth hotsync (to update contacts, calendar, etc.) I'm happy!

I will post on what happens with the cable hotsync later if anyone's interested. For now, I'm attributing the problem to some whacked out thing with the My Treo application.
    not sure what happened but does anyone know why phone will reset after a sync. It just started doing this.