Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Any suggestions? Is Palm VNC the best? All seem pretty dated.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    PalmVNC works just fine and is free. Does what I need it to do. Haven't bothered with any of the others.
    palmVNC is the one that I use on my 755p as well
    a 3rd nod for palmVNC...
    HTC Touch Pro
    One more vote for PalmVNC.
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    I used to use PalmVNC with my Tungsten T3 over Bluetooth. I never got it going with my old Treo 650. Maybe I will try one day with the 755p. Anyone know of a thread or site that have step by step instructions for the PC/firewall/router?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    palmVNC 2.0.6 is working fine for me.

http://palmvnc2.free.fr/download.php
    yep.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Hmmm.. I am not sure.. which program are you guys recommending?
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    I used to use PalmVNC with my Tungsten T3 over Bluetooth. I never got it going with my old Treo 650. Maybe I will try one day with the 755p. Anyone know of a thread or site that have step by step instructions for the PC/firewall/router?
    Check out http://www.portforward.com/english/r...outerindex.htm

from this site :
    Below you see a list of routers and firewalls. These are the devices that we have written support documents for. These documents provide step-by-step guides on how to setup port forwarding. Our ultimate goal is to have a write up for every hardware router and firewall available and instructions for every application that Internet users have difficulty getting to work through their router or firewall. These guides are provided to help you, but we are in no way responsible for the state of your network. If you encounter any errors in our guides, please let us know by using our Comments page.

I think it does a good job of helping out.
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    PalmVNC 2 works great for the client on any Treo (EVDO makes it much better though). On the server side, use UltraVNC to get the most out of desktop scaling (and it's free!). Just set up port forwarding on your router for port 5900 and you're good to go.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Using PalmVNC v2.0.6-dev build 232 to connect to the following machines:

Windows Vista - UltraVNC
    Windows XP - UltraVNC
    Mac OS X - OSX VNC Server
    OS/2 5.0 (eCommStation) - OS2VNC

Works great! I love it!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza View Post
    Using PalmVNC v2.0.6-dev build 232 to connect to the following machines:

Windows Vista - UltraVNC
    Windows XP - UltraVNC
    Mac OS X - OSX VNC Server
    OS/2 5.0 (eCommStation) - OS2VNC

Works great! I love it!
    Hi,

I'm using 2.5 and i works fine connecting to my MacBook with Vine Server, but there is still the tricky exiting, and sometimes the connection drops when i'm scrolling around. First, where do you get 2.6? Also, is there any improvement over 2.5?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    2.0.6 is available the same place 2.0.5 is. From the PalmVNC 2 web page. 2.0.6 is a development build and may have bugs or unimplemented features in it. Unless you have a pressing need for some feature in 2.0.6, 2.0.5 should be just fine to use
    VNC works great, but you still have to use vpn to access your corporate wan, and then use vnc to access whatever workstation. So where do I get a vpn client for the treo?
    Matty