Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh never mind.......... I found my answer:

In the default "FontSmoother manages" mode, you can install fonts either to RAM or to a card's \PALM\Programs\FontSmoother or \PALM\Launcher directory (\PALM\Programs\FontSmoother will typically work faster). In other modes, fonts must be in RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Oh never mind.......... I found my answer:

In the default "FontSmoother manages" mode, you can install fonts either to RAM or to a card's \PALM\Programs\FontSmoother or \PALM\Launcher directory (\PALM\Programs\FontSmoother will typically work faster). In other modes, fonts must be in RAM.
    Yep, posted that back at Post #3. Glad you're learning the ins and outs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    Of course, here ya go.

And yes, you can use this to create your own.

There are more resources out there for fonts, I'll find more for you. I've had it for so long now that I don't remember where exactly I got them from, but I'll google them it for ya. I've got a boat load of 'em!
    OHD is my androgenous side. She's a good joe....hard to know where she finds time for Palm stuff, with her job, kid(s), and crime fighting....
    Well, I won't go into details.......... long story short, I couldn't get my fonts to load properly. Luckily, I remembered that OHD had mentioned FontSmoother here (and in all honesty, I had to read it several times before my thick skull allowed the words to sink in. ) Anywhoooooo, I'm using RescoExplorer, but did per her instructions, and VIOLA!! I got my fonts!

Now that I figured out how to get my fonts directly from my card, I need to figure out what fonts work best with my stuff.

Thanks again OHD!
    Ok, I still need some help..........

I see all my fonts on my card, even the ones I generated using "Quick Make Font" (via Resco Explorer). But, when I'm in FontSmoother, I'm not given a choice of the ones that I created.

What the heck am I doing wrong?
    Ummmmm................... never mind..........

I got it!!

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8.../Smileys/a.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    OHD is my androgenous side. She's a good joe....hard to know where she finds time for Palm stuff, with her job, kid(s), and crime fighting....
    It's all in the super powers, it's all in the super powers! ...and it doesn't hurt that I'm on vacation this week.

Well, I won't go into details.......... long story short, I couldn't get my fonts to load properly. Luckily, I remembered that OHD had mentioned FontSmoother here (and in all honesty, I had to read it several times before my thick skull allowed the words to sink in. ) Anywhoooooo, I'm using RescoExplorer, but did per her instructions, and VIOLA!! I got my fonts!

Now that I figured out how to get my fonts directly from my card, I need to figure out what fonts work best with my stuff.

Thanks again OHD!

Yayy!
    Ok, I still need some help..........

I see all my fonts on my card, even the ones I generated using "Quick Make Font" (via Resco Explorer). But, when I'm in FontSmoother, I'm not given a choice of the ones that I created.

What the heck am I doing wrong?
    So help me understand. When you tap on the drop down menu there's nothing there? There are no fonts listed in that menu?

Oooh, wait. Check "App active" and the drop down menu will appear with the list of fonts. Let me know if that worked.
    Ummmmm................... never mind..........

I got it!!

Dang it! I typed all of that and now you've got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    Dang it! I typed all of that and now you've got it.
    Your Super Powers must be exhausted from helping me so much tonight, and you didn't know that I "finally" got it!

THANKS!!
    Your Super Powers must be exhausted from helping me so much tonight, and you didn't know that I "finally" got it!

THANKS!!
    Nah, my super powers are very happy to have helped and eager to do so. <OHD grabs the keys to the invisible helicopter and walks off. She can be heard saying..."My job here is done.">
    Ummmm, vut you forgot my curly fries...... oh, my bad, that was a different forum.
    Ummmm, vut you forgot my curly fries...... oh, my bad, that was a different forum.
    Sorry, took you too long to come back so I had to eat 'em.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hint: Utopia 16 generally works well. Not by chance--that's what I use in most of my testing, so when I see something not working well with Utopia 16, I am more likely to fix it.
    Thanks Pruss! I'll have to try that one. I'm partial to Comic Sans, and although it doesn't look as good in DateBk6, I've set it up to use for my SMS. Really cool! Now that I've got the hang of it, and have tested some fonts in my different apps, I'm liking it, so I'll be buying this app today!

Also, am I missing something, or maybe this could be a possible future feature..... in the list of apps, some of them have (default) next to them, which I know is whatever the default font is for my Treo. Do you think it might be possible to be able to list the name of the font next to each app? For instance, if I like a particular font in 1 app (let's call this app "ABC app") and I want to try the same font in "123 app", I first have to select the "ABC app" to figure out which font it is. It would be helpful to already see the name of that font next to each app.

Thanks for a wonderful product! Your stuff is awesome!
    Wooo-Hoooo! Got my registration code, and I'm good to go! Thanks Pruss!!

Yes, I agree Utopia 16 works well. I also like Utopia 18. I tend to switch between Utopia 18 and Formal 18 AA for Takephone.

Fontsmoother is a must have and I'm glad you're now on board. Had I known you didn't have it all this time, I certainly would've fixed that, Missy!
    Well, you are doing a good job of keeping me in line.........and helping me spend my money.
    AND it's very much appreciated!
    Well, you are doing a good job of keeping me in line.........and helping me spend my money.
    AND it's very much appreciated!
    Me?
    I use Utopia 18 and love it and the application. Ben
    where did you get the formal 18aa font? I can't find it anywhere.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast