1.    #1  
    Early last week my centro's phone stopped working. It would dial the number but I couldn't hear and no one could hear me. I did a hard reset and it still did this. I took it to a sprint service center. They ran tests and gave it back to me and told me to call Palm Warranty because it was only a few months old and they couldn't fix it. I called Palm Warranty and after being hung up on twice I got a hold of some guy who kept trying to have me call Sprint Warranty. Which I already did and Sprint said it was a Palm issue. Which was true in the past because I don't have the Sprint insurance. This guy claims that my only choice was to mail it to Palm on my dime and they would try and fix it. The turn over was 2-3 weeks. I said that is ridiculous I can't go without a phone for 3 weeks. I use that phone for my home line too. I told them in the past they just over night a new one and I sent the broken one back. They said I am not eligible for that option. I said why not, they could not tell me why. So after argueing and being placed on hold for 25 minutes I asked to speak with his supervisor. He put me on hold for another 15 minutes and came back and said he is in a meeting now. I said I would wait then. He came back after 5 more minutes and said my supervisor said that you could get the advantage return offer. He said I would need to pay $25 for the overnight shipping. He claimed I would have a new or refurb black centro no later than 2 days. A week later no phone yet. I checked my Sprint page and Palm added a new line a service with a different phone to my acct. Yesterday there was a cheap samsung phone on my doorstep. Not only did they charge me for overnight shipping and it took a week it wasn't a centro. They wanted me to mail my centro in for repair and wait 3 more weeks with no smartphone with all of my information that I need on it. And use the inferior basic phone with only 200 minutes on it in the meantime.

People talk about Sprint with poor customer service I never experienced anything like this with Sprint. Palm takes the cake and I can see why their stock is $5. Horrible customer service with people that lie to their customers. Palm is digging themselves a grave deeper and deeper everyday. I like Palms OS but really wish there was another manufacturer out there I would drop Palm in a hearbeat and never look back. I don't want to switch but after this the blackberry and iphone are looking better and better. Its a good thing I used a credit not a debit card for the $25 dollar charge I already reversed it.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I don't understand why your Sprint store wouldn't just swap it out for a new one and send yours back to Palm. I've never had a Sprint store turn me away to service a warranty issue. I'd either try a different store or call *2 and work your way up the Sprint support chain. Your experience just doesn't seem the norm, though it does suck.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I spent two hours at a store last night. Took my wife's phone in for repairs. Her phone get stuck at the Palm logo, and then nothing. Tried resetting but nothing works. I was literally the last customer there. The rep came back and said that a red Centro was ordered because they didnt have black Centros?? ( My wife's is black) I ask if they have any other color, but he says theyre out completely. HE advices me to come back withing 3-5 business days to pick up my replacement.

Does anyone know if they have loaner phones? Is this even possible? Plus, should I have the right to get a black centro since that is what I originally purchased?
    Sprint should do the warranty exchange. They are required to. If they don't it's because they are choosing to go outside of the guidelines. Not cool but it happens. Just take it to another sprint store.
    you should get a black one as well. You bought black, you get black back. Tell them you'll temporarily take a red one till a black one comes in. I know on the business side of things they have loaner phones, but I don't know about stores. I took an 8830 to Australia for free and tried out the Centro for a week before I bought it. Guess that's a perk of dealing with the business side of things though.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    Sprint should do the warranty exchange. They are required to.
    Well, that depends. If the OP bought it from Sprint, then I agree. But if it was purchased from a 3rd party, I'm not sure Sprint has a warranty obligation for something they didn't sell.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Here in australia there is no palm warranty. They even fixed asia pacific treo. Does not have to be a palm australia product.

There is no "Service Provider" warranty

I guess everybody want to get away with excuses.
    Most likely he bought it from Sprint. But even so, Palm even directs warranty issues to Sprint, according to their website at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Well, that depends. If the OP bought it from Sprint, then I agree. But if it was purchased from a 3rd party, I'm not sure Sprint has a warranty obligation for something they didn't sell.
    Palm has the worst customer service I've ever run across. I posted almost the same thread as this last summer for the way they treated me. See: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146337

On the other side, I have had nothing but the best service from Sprint. I've noticed here lately that they are even answering their calls fast.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I don't remember if we said you need to take it to a real Sprint corporate Store and not a store down the street with a Sprint bumper sticker over the door or do they take care of these warranty issues and exchanges too? Now that Sprint is in the process of closing a bunch of them I wonder how that might affect people outside of metro areas?
  11.    #11  
    It appears that I am not the only one who feels this way:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1542-1.htm

Palm is the lowest customer service satisfaction
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I had the exact same problem happen to my Centro yesterday. I took it in to the local Sprint store and they replaced it immediately. No questions, no problems. You might want to go to a different store, some treat you well, others unfortunately do not.
    So its Friday, i go in to pick my wife's phone. THe y have a red one. I ask for a black one( what I had orig.) . They tell me to wait ANOTHER day. Its been in since Sunday! Then they tell me they can swap the casing on my old phone to the red unit....I dont have time, so I have to go back later this evening......
    Just take the red one as a loaner or something. There has to be more than one corporate Sprint Store in LA. Someone should be able to get it right. I wouldn't let them take it apart, that's just asking for trouble.