1.    #1  
    I've just upgraded from a Treo 650 to 755p. Overall, haven't noticed much of a difference.

However, something that I've found to be very annoying on the 755p compared to 650:

-- on the Treo 650, in the Phone application, if I it set to "Typing starts Contacts search" when I start entering numbers, it will search for a contact, but if it can't find a contact, it automatically switches to entering numbers

-- on the Treo 755p, if I also set to "Typing starts Contacts search", once it can't find the contact, it doesn't automatically continue to enter the numbers

Anyone else experience this problem?
    Just a side note, I use TakePhone, which replaces your phone dial app completely. It functions exactly like you want when it comes to dialing a contact and if it can no longer match, it resumes with numbers (assuming that you aren't only pressing letter keys that don't correspond to numbers. Obviously if you type "W", "I", etc it has no numbers to reference).

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9.../Takephone.jpg
    Last edited by papped; 02/11/2008 at 06:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloThere View Post
    I've just upgraded from a Treo 650 to 755p. Overall, haven't noticed much of a difference.

However, something that I've found to be very annoying on the 755p compared to 650:

-- on the Treo 650, in the Phone application, if I it set to "Typing starts Contacts search" when I start entering numbers, it will search for a contact, but if it can't find a contact, it automatically switches to entering numbers

-- on the Treo 755p, if I also set to "Typing starts Contacts search", once it can't find the contact, it doesn't automatically continue to enter the numbers

Anyone else experience this problem?
    This is the default behavior starting with the 700P unfortunately. Programmers at Palm have an annoying habit of removing useful features - I could name a few from the 600.

You can use 3rd party dialers or just press the 'option' key before dialing numbers. I've learned to live with the deleted features.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!