1.    #1  
    Just something pop up in my mind. I am wondering whether the Centro will be able to upgrade to the new Palm OS in 2009?
    You would wish, wouldn't you... Not even remotely likely.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    The Centro certainly will be able to have a new firmware update such as the one that the 755p just received. If you're talking about the Linux OS based Treo 900 that Perry is waiting for, doubtful, but who knows!
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  4.    #4  
    I am sure Centro is the most popular device in Palm history (at this moment). I guess it may be able to sell 800K to 1M units before the launch of Palm Linux OS device. If Palm does not provide the Linux OS upgrade to Centro's owners, it will create a million unhappy fans.
    Its unlikely, due to having too little SDRAM. It likely only has 32 MB SDRAM, and for the kind of modern OS Palm needs, they would need at least 64, if not 128 MB.

Surur
    I agree with surur unfortunately. although there may be some not for faint of heart hardware hacks combined with patched firmware that someone does. probably dmitrygr (of palmpowerups fame) or someone of his caliber.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Think the treo 650 ran palm os 5.4.8 and when the 700p came out with palm os 5.4.9 did palm update the 650?

no
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    If Palm does not provide the Linux OS upgrade to Centro's owners, it will create a million unhappy fans.
    Not anymore unhappy as the 755 owners were when the Centro was introduced just a few months after the 755 came out. You shouldn't feel bad (easy to say) when something new comes out, because it happens everyday. You just have to know going in that you're buying the phone for what it IS, not what might or might not be available at a later date.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas