Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Palm Releases Information on ROM Update for Treo 755p
    AP: February 9, 2008
    Samole Garnett, Staff Writer

Sunnyvale, CA – Sources inside of Palm Inc, the financially troubled maker of the Treo and Centro smartphones, have just released information on a current update for their Treo 755p phone. “Power” users of this device have been buzzing about the release of the ROM update on sites such as Treocentral since its release.

According to sources, the release contains, “Mostly trivial information, and recipes of the developers’ favorite foods.” The source, who prefers to remain anonymous, further stated that, “We knew the phone had some issues. We just didn’t know how to fix them.” He went on to say, “We knew we couldn’t make users wait as long as they had for the 700p update. So, we just kind of threw this together.” When asked how they thought this would be received by Palm Treo users, the response was somewhat tenuous. “Well, like I said, we knew we need to put something out. So, we just had fun with it. Those people who install the update will find that at random intervals, like during a call or when working on a document, recipes for some really good stuff will pop-up on their screens. It’s really rather ingenious. My favorite is the recipe for peanut butter cookies made with Hersey’s Kisses.”

When asked if they were planning on addressing any of the real issues of the phone in later updates, the response was honest, yet disturbing, “Naw, we really don’t know how to fix the problems. We’ll just put out a new phone in a couple of months and move on.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    That's Awesome!!
    I really like the name of the Staff Writer.........
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    lol really fake obviously but still quite funny (only a nice hint of truth though)
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    lol really fake obviously but still quite funny (only a nice hint of truth though)
    If anyone takes this seriously, they probably need more help than can be offered on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post

When asked if they were planning on addressing any of the real issues of the phone in later updates, the response was honest, yet disturbing, “Naw, we really don’t know how to fix the problems. We’ll just put out a new phone in a couple of months and move on.
    Thats what palm really did with the 700p to 755p... EOL the 700p, and now 755p can flash into 700p which really meant Palm didn't change anything.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    lol really fake obviously

Duh!! I don't think it was intended as to confuse anyone into thinking it was real ... or fake.

LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post

Duh!! I don't think it was intended as to confuse anyone into thinking it was real ... or fake.

LOL.
    Well thanks for bursting MY bubble..I was looking forward to seeing that recipe! It sounded good.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    You know, I wrote this to be a bit of a smart a$$. However, after reading a lot of the comments, and seeing all the problems people are experiencing after loading the update, I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't stumbled upon a dirty little secret. Should I be concerned? Will minions of Palm show up in Geek Squad vehicles to silence me????? :-{
    They do not qualify for the Geek Squad.

BB