Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hi,

Can a Sprint 755p be unlocked and then activated on Verizon? Thanks!

--Randy Starkey
    :^/ The Palm Tréo 755p (Sprint) can be unlocked, and then set to whatever carrier you want. Mine is set for Cricket.

Let your fingers do the walking though your local Yellow Pages until you find a shop that can do it for you.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    OK. Cool. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Sprint is unlocking phones (I think I read that sprint was i do not think I imagined it) and Verizon allows you to use unlocked phones that are CDMA on their network.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwstarkey View Post
    Hi,

Can a Sprint 755p be unlocked and then activated on Verizon? Thanks!

--Randy Starkey
    Neither Sprint or Verizon will activate a ESN that is not in their database as being one of their branded phones.
    You use to be able to keep calling customer service until you got a rep that would activate the ESN but that all changed about a year and a half ago.

Might be worth trying.

Do a search in the 650 forums for activating a 650 on verizon, many many, many, many, many, threads.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Verizon will activate any unlocked CDMA phone here is an article proving it: http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-982...tml?tag=blog.9

and here is an article about sprint unlocking phones: http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-980...tml?tag=blog.1
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csmelosky View Post
    Verizon will activate any unlocked CDMA phone here is an article proving it: http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-982...tml?tag=blog.9

and here is an article about sprint unlocking phones: http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-980...tml?tag=blog.1
    I stand corrected.

Now if we could get a CDMA radio to fit in the IPhone.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    How about the other way around, using a Verizon phone on Sprint? Any chance?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    That I am not aware of.

If you ask very nicely and ask many people you probably could.
    ;^) If we recall that wireless carriers will often subsidize the purchase of one's telephones in order to lure the customer into a service contract, it seems likely that they'll be only too happy to welcome a new convert with a phone from another manufacturer.

:^/ Of course, providing tech support for another company's phone would be problematic....
    I tried to activate my Verizon T600 on Sprint when my 700p died. I did not mention it was verizon's but the rep said the system was not allowing it. I then mentioned it was a Verizon phone and she told me they did not activate non Sprint phones.
    this is news to me... anyone here have a Sprint phone on Verizon's network?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    I tried to activate my Verizon T600 on Sprint when my 700p died. I did not mention it was verizon's but the rep said the system was not allowing it. I then mentioned it was a Verizon phone and she told me they did not activate non Sprint phones.
    I think you would have to have the CDMA programming first changed from Verizon to Sprint, and then their system would allow it. Your phone calls into their system and they must be able to communicate. The CDMA programming determines that.

There are companies that will change it one to another.
    Verizon is currently NOT unlocking just any phone you send them.

They're currently only unlocking phones that are part of the class action lawsuit filed against them, which includes some UTStarcom and Kyocera phones. No Palm devices are currently included. They won't be allowing all phones on their network until around Q4 of this year.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwstarkey View Post
    I think you would have to have the CDMA programming first changed from Verizon to Sprint, and then their system would allow it. Your phone calls into their system and they must be able to communicate. The CDMA programming determines that.

There are companies that will change it one to another.
    Your talking about the PRL?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdupree View Post
    Your talking about the PRL?
    Right.