Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hi,

I will be getting a 755p and am new to push email. Is there a way I can set up my 755 email so that replies I send from the Treo will get sent back to my outlook on my desktop for storage?

Thanks!

--Randy Starkey
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Chattermail is the way to go. I have used multiple email programs and this one is the best. Very stable, you can incorporate folders and is true push. VM (which is bundled in the vzw software) is ok, but not true push. VM can only be set to auto sync. My advice, go with chattermail if you get an extended battery because it will EAT your battery. If you don't truly need push, go with versamail and set it to auto sync every hour.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Yes, ChatterEmail is superb. As stated above it will provide true Push email. After using Push for a few days, my battery at the end of the day was around 45%. But truly, I personally don't need to know I have new email every second, so I put it on a QuickSync schedule of getting mail every 12 minutes and my battery life at the end of the day was around 65%, so much improved. I also have it on a sleep schedule from 11pm to 8am.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    OK. But replies sent from my 755p - will they also appear in my desktop PC outlook? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    You have to tell your email client to save sent messages in your email settings. Are you using a web based service or your own host? If you are using the web based service, you set it up via their settings. Other wise, you have to manage it through the server program.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    who is your email service with? I use gmail and I believe as long as you are doing an IMAP email service, it will show in every location - on the treo, the PC in Outlook and on the email server website. For instance, I have gmail setup for IMAP download, so it shows all my gmail folders in my Outlook on my PC. When I send an email on my treo (using ChatterEmail) that sent email shows up in my gmail Sent folder, which also will show up in the gmail folder in Outlook. Hope I didn't make this too confusing. Gmail offers both POP3 and IMAP service, if you want any changes to show up in every location, you must choose IMAP.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Yeah - the IMAP makes sense. Right now I'm popping a POP3 box, so to have that work I'd probably have to send a copy of the reply or something.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwstarkey View Post
    Yeah - the IMAP makes sense. Right now I'm popping a POP3 box, so to have that work I'd probably have to send a copy of the reply or something.

Thanks!
    Just go into the pop3 settings of the email client and set it to save your sent. Then everything will work for you. Just like dollface said, if you are using outlook to access the pop3, then it will save everything sent on the webside of the email client.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    Chattermail is the way to go. I have used multiple email programs and this one is the best. Very stable, you can incorporate folders and is true push. VM (which is bundled in the vzw software) is ok, but not true push. VM can only be set to auto sync. My advice, go with chattermail if you get an extended battery because it will EAT your battery. If you don't truly need push, go with versamail and set it to auto sync every hour.

lol Versamail is true push.. I don't know why or how you came to that conclusion but wrong non the less.. versamail does use use EAS push technology. Its just doesn't have all the features you would expect for a business class email client, but it is free so if you just need it for push email synced with EAS for your main inbox while you are out of the office then its the way to go. Chatter is a stable email client but costs money and their current versions do NOT offer push syncing with EAS. I saw something above about IMAP but you have to make sure the IMAP server uses IDLE in order for that to even be true push mail. If not its not really all that much better that pop3.

OK. But replies sent from my 755p - will they also appear in my desktop PC outlook? Thanks!

If you use IMAP or EAS your email will be synced as long as your pc that uses outlook is connected to that server as well. Thats the beauty with either of these technologies. What ever you do on one device will be synced with all other clients connected the same server.
    Versamail is true push with EAS, but not with gmail imap. In Chatter you set the account as "Online" with gmail imap to get push.

That would be the deciding factor between the two depending on which you need.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    lol Versamail is true push.. I don't know why or how you came to that conclusion but wrong non the less.. versamail does use use EAS push technology. Its just doesn't have all the features you would expect for a business class email client, but it is free so if you just need it for push email synced with EAS for your main inbox while you are out of the office then its the way to go. Chatter is a stable email client but costs money and their current versions do NOT offer push syncing with EAS. I saw something above about IMAP but you have to make sure the IMAP server uses IDLE in order for that to even be true push mail. If not its not really all that much better that pop3.

If you use IMAP or EAS your email will be synced as long as your pc that uses outlook is connected to that server as well. Thats the beauty with either of these technologies. What ever you do on one device will be synced with all other clients connected the same server.
    Syphex, I guess I was unclear. You are correct that Versamail does use EAS push. I was under the assumption that if he is using outlook, it was probably a pop3 account or IMAP like Gmail. sorry for the confusion......
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    I have Versamail with Pop3 but not Exchange. I have Versamail send a copy of all outgoing email to myself as a BCC. In Outlook, I have it automatically move all BCCs to myself from myself to the sent folder.
    chatter + imap Gmail
    ROCKS !

Better than blackberry that needs a monthly BIS plan
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Along the lines of this thread, and a question I have had for awhile....

.. is it possible to use the latest versamail version which is on the centro to push email from my exchange server at work to my device AND NOT touch calendar or contacts..as I want to continue using Palm desktop conduits for that data...? Will versamail EAS synch overwrite my contact/calendar data on my device or on my work server?

If not, I guess Chatter or Sprint mobile email would be my better choice as I believe they will allow email push synch without involving the contact or calendar data (though they use an SMS type of pseudo-push I think).

also, if this versamail email-only push synch is possible, is the battery life impacted so drastically so as to make it almost unusable?

Please enlighten me.
    when you choose EAS
    Palm desktop WILL NOT sync with the rest of the your data
    I hate it

Contact/calendar will only sync with exchange server

That's why chatter is a better way to go if you only need push email
    I hope the OP won't mind a slight hijack of this thread, as it appears the OPs questions were answered.

I have two email accounts on Chatter. When I press the mail button, however, only one will show up. It does not toggle with repeated presses of the mail button. I have looked through the preferences and for the life of me cannot figure out how to get the other email account to be accessed by mail button. I can access it, once in the other account's mail, by simply going to the top of the screen to the dropdown menu and clicking on the other account. Any ideas what may be wrong? Thanks.

Stu
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    ... When I press the mail button, however, only one will show up. It does not toggle with repeated presses of the mail button. I have looked through the preferences and for the life of me cannot figure out how to get the other email account to be accessed by mail button. I can access it, once in the other account's mail, by simply going to the top of the screen to the dropdown menu and clicking on the other account. Any ideas what may be wrong? Thanks.

Stu
    Go to "Edit Mailbox" while in the box you want to cycle and select the "Other" tab. The "Cycle" checkbox at the bottom needs to be selected for it to cycle through this box with the mail button.
    Thanks Jrr, that fixed it. I appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I have Versamail with Pop3 but not Exchange. I have Versamail send a copy of all outgoing email to myself as a BCC. In Outlook, I have it automatically move all BCCs to myself from myself to the sent folder.
    Yeah - that sounds like the solution I'll have to use. I'm POP3. Will Versamail do the BCC automatically, or do you have to do that manually?

Thanks!
    Yeah - that sounds like the solution I'll have to use. I'm POP3. Will Versamail do the BCC automatically, or do you have to do that manually?

Thanks!
    OR.......... you could just get a free gmail address and forward your email to that and have gmail do IMAP to your phone.