1.    #1  
    As you know, if you port a new number over with Sprint, sometimes the old voicemail number remains on the Centro. You can't change the voicemail number preset. Here's how to do it manually.

From the call screen, dial ##899232#

Select "edit"

Change your mobile phone number and replace the old one with your new one.

Leave the MSID alone.

Hit Done.

***Disclaimer: There is a possibility you have to change your MSID if you port your phone number in from a different area/area code. If reprogramming your phone doesn't fix the solution, call customer care and ask for the MSID of your phone. I take no responsibility **
    this is not working for me:

I dial ##899232# - when I hit the final # it seems to 'abort' any dialing function and I go back to a blank dialing screen.

If I dial ##899232 then hit 'call' it aborts any call also.

Please advise: I'd like to be able to speed voicedial again!
    darn, I was planning on porting my old number over soon...I didn't realize it was going to be a hassle.

I just tried this on my phone and it doesn't seem to be working.
    Last edited by amm888; 03/25/2008 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drosielle View Post
    this is not working for me:

I dial ##899232# - when I hit the final # it seems to 'abort' any dialing function and I go back to a blank dialing screen.

If I dial ##899232 then hit 'call' it aborts any call also.

Please advise: I'd like to be able to speed voicedial again!
    This happens to me too. I just got google voice and wanna cancel my sprint voicemail by swapping the numbers. Can't seem to do it. New to the palm, but I was able to do something similar on an old PPC 6700 but don't recall the codes. Help?
    That's because that six-digit number is the MSL (Master Subsidy Lock) specific to the device. Find out your MSL and press ##<MSL># and you will get to the edit screen. You may not want to change this "mobile number" to something other than your Sprint phone number though - I can't guarantee good results.
    I know I read a thread on how to get the MSL without calling Sprint, but I can't remember how to do it or where that thread was. It was something like using the USB cable to get a file from the device, then use a hex editor to read a specific part of that file.
    The MSL can be retrieved following the steps in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...nt-centro.html
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    That's the one I was thinking of! Thanks
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    That doesn't work. I've had the old # in Voicemail (speed dial 1) for a year now.) IS THERE A SOLUTION TO THIS???
    This definitely works. The only catch is that some apps don't like to work. So far I think the only one's appear to be SprintTV and Express. Anyways, good luck and thanks for this tidbit of info!!

-NightHammer
    This is the way to do it! No Phone Settings!

Go to the phone application.

highlight the voice mail favorites button.
    (the favorites bar is that little blue bar at the bottom of the screen in the Phone app)

Press the Menu Key.

Go to "Edit Favorites Button"

It should open up an "Edit Favorites" menu.

At the bottom of the menu there should be a "Delete" button.
    Press it.

Now, repeat steps 3 and 4 (there should be a highlighted blank space)

You should see an "Add Favorite" Menu

Label the Favorite and add a Number (Or choose from contacts via "Lookup")

In the "Quick Key" field, press the and hold the 1/E Key till the letter "e" appears in the field.
    It should display the letter "E" in the quick key field.

Press "ok".

and viola! hold 1 and it dials the new number!