1.    #1  
    there are certainly pros and cons to this new phone over my HTC mogul. i'm still having a hard time deciding which is more suited to me needs.

i like the layout of WM's contacts and today screen, i liked that the mogul has a touch screen or qwerty keypad to use interchangably. i feel that the centro may be more user friendly and easier to navigate once i find everything and i like the hard keyboard but i miss the touch keyboard.

i'm going to need way more time playing with this cute pink baby before the old mogul goes on the auction block.
    the program "2day" (do an internet search on "Palm 2day" and you'll find it) will bring you some of the ppc's today screen features. I attached a screen shot of my setup so you can see how it might look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    mcentreville:

What version of 2day are you using? How did you get a scrollable button option on the bottom? I only have the choice to set 5 buttons. Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    That is the iBar. You can either buy the iBar plugin or get TakePhone. I would strongly suggest takephone as it is a very good program by itself. Not quite as pretty as UltimatePhone but has a lot more functionality.
    Palm does have a built in on-screen keyboard. I do not know how to open it on a Centro. On my older palm OS devices, there was a button you could press.

You could try the free on-screen keyboard from fitaly

https://fitaly.securesites.com/order/palmorder.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    mcentreville:

What version of 2day are you using? How did you get a scrollable button option on the bottom? I only have the choice to set 5 buttons. Thanks.
    That's the i-bar plugin, which also works in TAKEphONE, Datebk, & Initiate. It's available, along with the latest beta of 2Day, etc., from here:

http://www.shsh.com/beta/main_beta.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    Palm does have a built in on-screen keyboard. I do not know how to open it on a Centro.
    For most applications you press the menu key (the key in the lower right hand corner) followed by the "k" key to bring up the onscreen keyboard.
  8.    #8  
    ok, chuckc officially rocks! thanks for the info!

any other little tips like that would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowie View Post
    but i miss the touch keyboard.
    I am sure that will pass now that you have the hard keyboard always available.