Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, I've been with the 755 for a month and I can say it is a heck of a lot more stable than the 650 was.

I like the ev-do. The embedded kinoma video player for viewing news videos, youtube and other videos is a nice addition. The added memory is a plus.

One thing I thought was a step backward was the camera, even though its a 1.3 mp cam.

I noticed that when viewing each pic, you can no longer zoom in with the nav - pad. This used to be a capability on the 650 which I thought was a nifty feature.

I like the grip feel on the phone. The screen is quite a bit brighter than the 650 was. The keyboard feels different from the 650 feel, and it took a little while to get used to it, but I'm getting there.

overall a nice-looking phone too.

every once in a while there seems to be a little lag here and there, but not intolerable.

Anyone else? How are most people finding their experience with this phone?
    You can zoom in by pressing Menu+A or going to View and then selecting Actual Size. Although this is a bit annoying, the camera certainly is improved. I can actually use the pictures I take!
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Phone is solid, form factor is great.

I wish there was a more solid, all around email client (chatteremail doesnt navigate as nicely one handed as VM does, ex plugins are no longer supported, no hotmail access). VM fails to work for me with both Gmail IMAP and EAS, it constantly forgets my saved passwords.

If Sprint Mobile Email had 3 additional features it would be the perfect solution...

IM client options are great. Blazer works well for browsing. Network speed is good (slower than my Mogul would have been now with Rev A update though).

But my most important factors are stability (great), form factor (great), keyboard usability (great) and threaded sms!
    After 3 weeks of upgrading from 650 to 755, I am most definitely happy with my decision. My main rave is the EVDO speed available and the price is the same! I used Pocket Tunes to listen to streaming radio around the world on the 650; it worked but sometimes it would stop to buffer the stream. On the 755 it sounds like a radio, it never stops or skips, pure radio listening pleasure. Browsing if most definitely faster on the 755 even if we only have Blazer. Email I use Chatter, it works great for me and it attaches photos in a snap. Speaking of photos, the camera is an upgrade. I looked at one taken with the 650 then one taken with the 755 - BIG difference. I mean, my first digital camera 9 years ago was a 1.3mpx!
    Last edited by dollface; 02/08/2008 at 08:04 AM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    The 755p is the best Palm phone I've ever used, and if you look at my signature below you can see I've used alot. I was trying to hold off from upgrading my 650 until WiFi and Stereo Bluetooth were available, but my prior service provider made that choice for me. At any rate, I couldn't be happier with the 755p. It's fast, looks great, downloads faster than dial up, and does 95% of what I want.

If the new Palm OS is 12-18 months away, I'm content to wait until they get it right.
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    i keep staring and touching my 755p its like an obsession i wish though it was as thin as the Centro. That would make it perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic25 View Post
    The 755p is the best Palm phone I've ever used, and if you look at my signature below you can see I've used alot. .
    A shame you missed the best one ever: the Samsung I500.

BB
    Last edited by blazorboy; 02/08/2008 at 09:07 AM. Reason: omitted word
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    The 755 has been great; the most under-rated Treo (ever) IMHO
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i keep staring and touching my 755p its like an obsession i wish though it was as thin as the Centro. That would make it perfect.
    rotflmao Good to know I'm not alone!

After using the TX for over 2 years, I wasn't sure what I'd think of the 755p...but I have to agree with all the comments here. I think it's an awesome device!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    rotflmao Good to know I'm not alone!

After using the TX for over 2 years, I wasn't sure what I'd think of the 755p...but I have to agree with all the comments here. I think it's an awesome device!
    I love your avatar.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    The "lag" when trying to start applications is driving me nuts. I think this is caused by working in an area with marginal cell reception. My Treo spends a huge amount of time seeking a signal. I tried putting it on "roam-only" since I get a stronger signal that way, but the problem seems even worse then.
    Get Sprint to flag your account for the latest PRL update and then call *2 to update it.

Might help some.
    Although it has occasional issues, my 755 is, overall, the best Treo and best smartphone i have ever used. Would not take a lot to make it almost perfect for me, which is why the most recent "update" seems disappointing so far.

Is a bit of a slap to see the Centro at $39 at Best Buy though....
    Smaller keyboard and a smaller screen, it should be cheaper though.

Not to mention the paint job isn't as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post

Not to mention the paint job isn't as good.
    Are you sure? i think the rubber paint is its X-factor.Cant stop touching it
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I love your avatar.
    Thanks!! My friend WyreNut over on Brighthand made it for me, I'm a Wonder Woman fanatic. I love it too!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Are you sure? i think the rubber paint is its X-factor.Cant stop touching it
    I'm not a fan of the sparkles
    My favorite thus far. . . . . .but I will like my 900p with GPS better.
    I love my 755p. It is my first smartphone and does everything I need and more. I find it gets better the longer I have it, and you can't say that about too many devices.
    Yup, me too, the best phone pda combo to date - although my Jabra BT8040 is the best Bluetooth earbud to date that I have tried (and always stays paired and great to stream audio wirelessly) - I think Bluetooth in general could definitely be improved regardlees if its a Treo or example a Razr.

It seems that if both people are talking to each other on a Bluetooth it sounds that same as if both people are talking on a crappy speakerphones - but sometimes you can get lucky and both have good reception its not bad.

Other than that my Treo 755p is rock solid. Simply love it!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast