Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hello, I've enjoyed reading everyones comments - I've had a tx for a couple years now and really liked it - last spring I purchased a 700p off of ebay and other than the bt hdset issues I liked it as well

But I got frustrated w/ the bt issues and went back to the tx/cellphone combo.

Yesterday I got a Blackberry Pearl and did not care for it, so I took it back and got a 755p. It seems to have the same bt issues as with the 700p (my Dad has a 650p w/ NO bt issues)

Anyway I was wondering what bt hdsets you guys are using?

(my Jabra BT160 - sounds great and works great w/other phones but will not stay connected w/Treo)
    Besides BT, the latest update made my 755p rock solid. I still need to test a long use of TT6 and the SlingPlayer that used to overheat the phone and make it unstable but so far, loving it...
    The 755p is my favorite Palm (and i've had a few... just take a look at my signature). Before I bought it the Treo 600 was my favorite because of it's sharp lines and sharp look. But I love my 755p. The paint job is fabulous! The camera is very functional, the Exchange Push is great, and Chatter is such a great program.

If i could change anything about the Treo, I would add BT 2.1, A better browser, and a 480x320 screen.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I would add a faster responding version of Sprint IM client with some of the bugs fixed.

SMS based messaging is awesome, way less battery drain, reliable data connection not required.

Just theres some bugs that make that app less than ideal...
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I would add a faster responding version of Sprint IM client with some of the bugs fixed.

SMS based messaging is awesome, way less battery drain, reliable data connection not required.
    I wondered if you could clarify something for me. I opened that IM app on my 755 and proceeded to download something, but it said that I would be charged .15 per message. I only have an unlimited data plan, no text messaging, on my account. I take it you need to have unlimited text messaging as well to use this Sprint IM app? I did go onto the mobile MSN website and they have the mobile MSN Messenger there which I used and there was no text messaging charge. But it is not a threaded screen. I always thought that instant messaging only used data charges and not text messaging charges, since you're not actually calling the phone. Thanks for your help, I would like to use that IM app if it didn't charge per message.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by willphoto View Post
    Hello, I've enjoyed reading everyones comments - I've had a tx for a couple years now and really liked it - last spring I purchased a 700p off of ebay and other than the bt hdset issues I liked it as well

But I got frustrated w/ the bt issues and went back to the tx/cellphone combo.

Yesterday I got a Blackberry Pearl and did not care for it, so I took it back and got a 755p. It seems to have the same bt issues as with the 700p (my Dad has a 650p w/ NO bt issues)

Anyway I was wondering what bt hdsets you guys are using?

(my Jabra BT160 - sounds great and works great w/other phones but will not stay connected w/Treo)
    I use a Moto HS700, sounds great and has never dropped it's connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I wondered if you could clarify something for me. I opened that IM app on my 755 and proceeded to download something, but it said that I would be charged .15 per message. I only have an unlimited data plan, no text messaging, on my account. I take it you need to have unlimited text messaging as well to use this Sprint IM app? I did go onto the mobile MSN website and they have the mobile MSN Messenger there which I used and there was no text messaging charge. But it is not a threaded screen. I always thought that instant messaging only used data charges and not text messaging charges, since you're not actually calling the phone. Thanks for your help, I would like to use that IM app if it didn't charge per message.
    Use Toccer for AIM, Chit Chat Lite for MSN.

Both of these are free applications that do not use SMS, but rather use data connection, which you have unlimited of.

If you want all combined into one, there's MunduIM and IM+, which are paid apps, but support tons of chat clients (msn, yahoo, aim, googletalk, etc).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12