Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    On my 700wx the phone would automatically finish spelling a word that I began typing. Does the Centro do that? Is there an option to have the phone suggest words as I begin typing?
    Here is an app I found called TextPlus

It does the predictive text thing you were looking for. Its $20 and I don't know if there is any support for it anymore. You can still download it. But I haven't tried it. I type wicked fast with the full keyboard so I don't need it.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    thanks for the info. I'll try it out and post a review.
    I use TestPlus and it works well with my Treo 700p.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Text Plus also works well on my 755p.
    It works fine on the centro.
    It seems to cause a definite lag unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    It seems to cause a definite lag unfortunately.
    Yes, sometimes. I've sometimes wondered about taking my TextPlus dataset back to the PC and running the Windows utility they've provided, to import and then export the dataset.

In principle this might reduce the lag, at least for a while. Has anyone tried this?

I wish I knew what algorithm they're using for building and searching their database. There are some very fast computer science algorithms/data structures for this problem, but I don't know if TextPlus is using them. My guess is that they're using memory-efficient algorithms which are slow. In the era of the Centro and other 64MB Palms, I would be glad to give up a few MB of RAM to reduce these delays.