Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    I just went to Palm UK website and found that Palm offers all three colors. I believe we should be able to buy the unlocked GSM Centro is US within a few days (from paralell importers and ebay) .
    Interesting... by "all three" I take it you mean black, red and pink... I wonder if that means AT&T has an exclusive on the white or if Palm will offer that unlocked as well.
    Last edited by Q; 02/14/2008 at 05:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Interesting... by "all three" I take it you mean black, red and pink... I wonder if that means AT&T has an exclusive on the white or if Palm will offer that unlocked as well.
    Yes. I saw all three colors are available. Now it switched back to the old banner, that is only "black".
    As a Treo 680 owner, I see only a smaller form factor, smaller screen, little better camera? and microSD. Is this worth the effort to upgrade? My TomTom GPS on my 680 screen is small already, not sure if the Centro would push that over the limit...probably more pocketable however.
    I got a European GSM Centro for testing / reviewing purposes and I have to say I didn't expect it to be this small. It's comparable to a Nokia N73 which is a very popular device over here. The Centro is a bit thinner but a bit wider.

All's well hardware-wise except for the stylus. My god, it's made of VERY soft plastic. It actually bends when you tap the screen. Cheesy *and* not ergonomic.
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Luckily I imagine there'll be loads of third party styli available.

The Centro is now billed at Expansys as being a week away for UK users
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12