1.    #1  
    Hi folks,
    My Cingular/AT&T Treo 650 is on its last legs, needs to be replaced. Have to stick with AT&T and with Palm OS. Of course, I'm considering getting 680 or imminent Centro. Any ideas on how to get a cheap relatively new 680? I don't see refurbs offered on the Palm website the way I do from some other computer hardware makers.
    I suspect price on 680 will plummet when AT&T announces Centro, but I'd like to be prepared to purchase either depending on best cost and best features.
    -- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Hi folks,
    My Cingular/AT&T Treo 650 is on its last legs, needs to be replaced. Have to stick with AT&T and with Palm OS. Of course, I'm considering getting 680 or imminent Centro. Any ideas on how to get a cheap relatively new 680? I don't see refurbs offered on the Palm website the way I do from some other computer hardware makers.
    I suspect price on 680 will plummet when AT&T announces Centro, but I'd like to be prepared to purchase either depending on best cost and best features.
    -- Josh
    What's wrong with it? Why don't you take it a part and buy some parts on Ebay to repair it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    What's wrong with it? Why don't you take it a part and buy some parts on Ebay to repair it.
    What's wrong with it?
    - every connector port save the charging has been non-functional for nearly 2 years. All hotsync's have to be done via bluetooth, which is awful for loading/updating medical software which I use every day. Thus I hotsync every 3 months and it's a 1-4 hour process.
    - audio-out port (earphone plug) non-functional for 2 years. Bluetooth is awful, sucks down battery power, BT headphones short out if I exercise (Moto S9, see thread on accessories forum), so I have given up mp3 player part of Treo in favor of my good ol' Rio Cali.
    - housing around screen cracked from a fall on pavement, fixed with superglue 1 year ago, holding together fine, but would hurt eBay resale value AND because I slathered on the superglue, everything is probably glued to everything else in there and couldn't be fixed if one tried
    - Treo 650 onboard memory is pathetic at 24 mb available memory. There are some workarounds, but not for some software. So I've had to delete all sorts of useful things like Docs-to-Go and pick and choose which medical software I keep. Not ideal.

Back to original question, where can I get a cheap 680, such as a refurb? I know where to go for such things at Apple, Dell, Fujitsu, and other places where I buy tech essentials, but not Palm. What I could find at Palm.com were, shall I say, sparse.
    -- Josh
    AT&T lists refurbs when they're available...they're showing "TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" right now, but they sell them.
    I don't know about the 680 but Best Buy had the Centro on special sale for $39.oo plus a 2 year commitment. Saw it on another site. It may already be over but would be worth the look.

Just found this link, don't know anything about them.

http://www.pocketdeal.com/deal-AT-T-...e%5E32975.aspx
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Have you looked on ebay? I got my crimson 680 there. It was only 2 months old. I got it and all the accesories for $200.
    I've bought 3 Treos on Ebay, one locked, one not and one for spare parts. I also bought 3 spare cases to renew the outsides. I think I have about $130 into each of the 2 working ones, including unlocking the locked one. But I had to take them apart and and re-case them, and fix the a broken screen and a broken digitizer.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?