1.    #1  
    http://www.ram-mount.com/cell_phone_...rsal_phone.htm
    Anybody use a ram mount for there centro? I am trying to figure out the best way to mount a centro?
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    well I'm sure I'm biased with my ProClip affiliation, but...
    1) why would I want to stick something on my dash like that. and
    2) why would I want to stick a metal plate on the back of my phone?

The only answer I can think of is that it's only $20 + shipping. If I really wanted to go cheap I'd spend $10-15 on a cheap vent clip with a ratchet style holder. Otherwise, proclip holders have it all over any universal solution and pair great with their own dash mount or a panavise, pro-fit or bracketron mount. Yeah it's $60, but it's worth it instead of adhering something to my dash and the back of my phone.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Crogs, how about another link? The plate goes inside the door but why add the weight or add that mess to your vehicle? I was thinking about it moving or sliding too since nothing is keeping it straight. I guess you could use the phone while on the mount, can you do that with yours Crogs, I'm not sure, not that you should but.
    I'd imagine hitting a big pothole and having your phone fly with the magnetic mount.

Here's a link to my ProClip thread with pics of the various holders. Dash mounts are car specific and you can search under vehicle mounts to find the one specific to your car.

They are rock solid and very usable while in the cradle. My car doesn't have a good proclip mount, and I'm already using a Panavise for my Sirius Stiletto (right side of the center dash in the middle).
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  5.    #5  
    couple of questions , doesn't this unit get hot being in front of a vent? Doesn't this take away from your use of the vent? i don't see a guide to figure out what works for my truck?
    Tritan

IDK what truck you have, a fire engine? I don't think most of Crogs' mounts are vent, its not for my Element. The site looked like it listed a lot of vehicles on the home page? I think a vent mount could interfere with using the vent but I wouldn't worry about a device getting hot, its just hot air.
    Every car is different. On the left side of the webpage there are a bunch of options. Device holders is first, and then below it is Vehicle Mounts. Click on Vehicle Mounts and it brings up some drop down menus where you choose the Make, Model and Year of your car. That brings up what options are available for your car. Because the mounts work by wedging between crevices in the dash, some dashes only allow for ones that cover vents. I had my i500 sitting in front of a vent on my Audi for two years without a problem. Though it's not always my first choice if I have other options.

If you can't figure out finding your vehicle, you could just say what it is, and I'll send you links to your options if you're interested.
  8.    #8  
    I have a 2003 chev pickup and don't care for vent mounts blocking the use of the vent. I would perfer some where else.
    Tritan

well none of the ones for your pickup actually cover a vent. They are along side of it, but that's about it. I think your Chevy has some nice options

ProClip Angled Mount

Left Mount

This one partially covers the mount, but it puts it closer than the first one.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    IDK what truck you have, a fire engine? I don't think most of Crogs' mounts are vent, its not for my Element. The site looked like it listed a lot of vehicles on the home page? I think a vent mount could interfere with using the vent but I wouldn't worry about a device getting hot, its just hot air.
    yes a fire engine but this clip would be for a work truck.
    Tritan

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    well none of the ones for your pickup actually cover a vent. They are along side of it, but that's about it. I think your Chevy has some nice options

ProClip Angled Mount

Left Mount

This one partially covers the mount, but it puts it closer than the first one.
    ok, I like the angled mount now what holder do I need to conect an ipod touch?
    Tritan

Sorry, I was kidding, but wouldn't a work truck be a fire engine?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Sorry, I was kidding, but wouldn't a work truck be a fire engine?
    I thought it was funny.
    Tritan

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    Yes this will work great. Who is this one made by? The mount looks universal so it would fit both a Itouch and centro along with my wifes 8130 pearl is that true? Can you connect a charger cable to the bottom with it this way?
    Tritan

I have used pro-clip mounts in four of our vehicles and the cooresponding device holders. yes, they are a little more money than a cheapo vent mount or generic suction mount, but they are worth every penny. the engineers actually make these mount for your specific make and model of vehicle so they fit correctly and are rock solid. I have two in my F-150 (treo 755 mounted up high just to the right of the steering wheel, perfect for tom tom) and a satellite radio mount (XM Pioneer Inno to the right of the factory radio).

I have two mounted in my wifes fusion as well one for her parrot bluetooth control/display unit and one just right of the steering wheel for her tom tom one gps.

if you don't want to be dissapointed, spend the money on the pro-clip stuff. get the swivel mounts as well, you won't regret it.

hope this helped
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    I know someone who offers a discount.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Yes the Clips I can squeeze together and It will Hold the Centro..>Also the PD Scanner fits Perfectly in there...It says GripMatic On the Inside...I remember I got them on Ebay for about $14 Each Shipped
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?