1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Ive not had much luck with the A-Data 16GB cards and Im beginning to wonder if its me and formatting.

What do you guys think is the best way to format is?

Ive got my 3rd one waiting for me @ home and I dont want to have to send this one back too.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    If you have so many issues get a card from a different company.
    Don't format it. It should arrive pre-formatted.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by csmelosky View Post
    If you have so many issues get a card from a different company.
    Gee golly whizzz thanks!!!

Im going thru NewEgg and using their RMA policy.
    There is no spoon.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
    Don't format it. It should arrive pre-formatted.
    Its running like a champ so far. I put it in the reader and youre right it fired right up.

I think it was the hotfix I was using for XP. I updated the hotfix to the latest version. But instead of taking a chance on my onboard reader I used an external reader that was rated for SDHC and voila!

Thanks!!!
    There is no spoon.
    Formatting the card as FAT32 + 32k will give you the best performance at the cost of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Formatting the card as FAT32 + 32k will give you the best performance at the cost of space.
    It'll give the best performance, true, but won't necessarily cost space. You'd have to load the card up with thousands of <32K files before you noticed any loss of space.
  8.    #8  
    Now that its running fine, (so far at least) Im not doing anything to it. Runs in both of my card readers (on board my lapper and my external reader) as well as MOST IMPORTANTLY running great on my T700P.

Last time card ran find till it started showing corrupted files then I ran chkdsk and ALL the files became corrupt. I reformatted it then and bye bye.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks guys! Sometimes the most simple answer is the best.
    There is no spoon.
    Hey, if you get a chance benchmark it and post the results in the sd card speed thread!
  10.    #10  
    Will do!
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Gee golly whizzz thanks!!!

Im going thru NewEgg and using their RMA policy.
    Not to be offensive or anything, but the other poster may be correct if they released a bad batch. It happened to me before on SanDisk.

If this one seems fine though, maybe they already released a new batch.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sounds like a POS in my opinion... Simple; don't buy the cheapest card available. Kingston and Transcend tend to be very good cards, although I can't speak for their Treo compatability. I'm looking into getting an 8G card or so myself here soon, so I'm actually looking on that information and tripped over this.
    My 16gb A Data car will not stay recognized by my 680-VERY FRUSTRATING, b/c it'll work well for hours, then be lost.l
  14.    #14  
    Mines still running strong. Im having some file issues issues but things are going great!.
    There is no spoon.
    I've been using a 8gb sandisk microSD in a SD adapter in my treo 700wx with no trouble (I use HTC's SDHC driver). I went with a microSD because I could always use adapters to get to work with any phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    My 16gb A Data car will not stay recognized by my 680-VERY FRUSTRATING, b/c it'll work well for hours, then be lost.l
    They make a 16gb minisdhc?
    mini as in "micro"? I have a "regular" sized 16gb memory card-SDHC.