1.    #1  
    i've decided!

i *really* wanna upgrade from my 650 to the 755 - prolly do it at the end of the month

but i'm lookin at that price!!!

so i'm just gonna throw this out there

what's the best way to get this thing (ie - CHEAPEST!)

(a lil info... i'm w/ sprint - not gonna change - not on a contract anymore [YES, i would use that to my advantage] - *gotta* have the data plan)

thx!!
    ;]
    please call sprint for updates. i think they can give a good deal.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    Well, I know you can get the 755 for $199 with Sprint upon signing for two more years. If you're not going to change, why not sign a contract? They have the cheapest unlimited data plan going, $15 a month!
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    If you don't mind getting a new phone number, sign up for a new account with Sprint SERO. 500 min/month, unlimited power vision, unlimited txt msg, $30/month.

If you want to keep your phone number, then just tell Sprint you're thinking of leaving to go with Verizon or AT&T. They should be willing to work with you.

Also, check to see if you get a corporate discount through your school, employer, or whatever. Sprint gives my employer 17% discount on plans. Also, if I were to purchase a device through their preferred vendor (which I can't while on SERO), I'd get the usual advertized prices you see, plus a $100 gift card.
    Quote Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
    If you don't mind getting a new phone number, sign up for a new account with Sprint SERO. 500 min/month, unlimited power vision, unlimited txt msg, $30/month.

Holy cow, I never heard of SERO, if you have the time, could you tell me what that is? That is an awesome price!
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Wait to see if there's a mail in rebate available, then order it with a sero plan.

It's roughly $250 with a plan I believe? -$200 more most likely from mail in rebate.
    You can keep your number and still sign up with SERO. Seeing you are currently a Sprint customer you would need to port your number to a temporary prepaid phone and then port it back to Sprint after you sign up for your SERO plan and get your new phone with temporary number. To me, it would be a small price to pay to keep the same number.

www.sprint.com/sero
    Use employee email address: savings@sprintemi.com

$30/month for 500 anytime minutes
    $50/month for 1250 anytime minutes

* Unlimited Sprint Vision or Power Vision (Vision for Vision phones, Power Vision for Power Vision phones)
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    * Unlimited Sprint Picture Mail
    * Unlimited Roaming
    * Unlimited Nights & Weekends (either 7 or 9 PM, depending on when you started contract)
    * Nationwide Long Distance
    * Crystal Clear Calls
    * Voice Mail
    * Caller ID
    * Call Waiting
    * Numeric Paging
    * Three-Way Calling
    * Ready Link

Also, use code 50RWC40 for a $50 credit on your first invoice! Plus, there is a $100 rebate for a 755p after purchase, which can be found here: http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...ate_011308.pdf . You should also know that Sprint consistently over-rebates people. I signed up for my SERO with a 755p in December and got a $330 rebate check, which should have been $100. A girl in my office signed up in December, as well, got two free phones and was given a $400 rebate check, which also should have been $100. The $100 rebate offer ends 2/16/08.
    Damn Sprint still won't let me switch to SERO without canceling my account first and paying ETF...

So I'm seeing if I can get a $200 rebate for the Treo 755p extension of contract to balance out the ETF and switch to SERO.
  9.    #9  
    to everybody... THANKS!!

i can't believe how quick y'all responded!

looks like $200 is the best i can probably do for now

and... i'll need to look into sero - very INNNNteresting! (i *do* need to keep my ph number - its for business! so, looks like i need to play a lil coconut shell game w/ cellphones and ph numbers for a while :-( kinda scary!!)
    Thanks, MoKoni and others for responding about SERO.

My $100 rebate was $380!! I couldn't believe it.

I'm on the 1250min plan for $49.99, btw.

Note that even though Sprint might offer service in your area, if it's not Sprint Corporate, you won't be able to get SERO (at least not directly). I'm in Minneapolis, and have SERO. A friend is in Rochester, MN and SERO isn't offered there because it's not Sprint Corporate. In order to get SERO, he ended up signing up in another part of the state. It's the same area code, but unfortunately it's long distance for anyone calling him. That seems to be the only downside, in his case.

I have another friend in Dubuque, IA. Sprint serves that area, but not Sprint Corporate, and therefore not Sprint SERO. He needs to have a local number, so he can't get SERO.
    Quote Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
    Thanks, MoKoni and others for responding about SERO.

My $100 rebate was $380!! I couldn't believe it.

I'm on the 1250min plan for $49.99, btw.

Note that even though Sprint might offer service in your area, if it's not Sprint Corporate, you won't be able to get SERO (at least not directly). I'm in Minneapolis, and have SERO. A friend is in Rochester, MN and SERO isn't offered there because it's not Sprint Corporate. In order to get SERO, he ended up signing up in another part of the state. It's the same area code, but unfortunately it's long distance for anyone calling him. That seems to be the only downside, in his case.

I have another friend in Dubuque, IA. Sprint serves that area, but not Sprint Corporate, and therefore not Sprint SERO. He needs to have a local number, so he can't get SERO
    The same thing happened to me, except I even had to have a different area code! The SERO plan was not available in my market so I used a zip code for the closest city where SERO was available, which is about 150 miles away. After about 10 calls to Sprint's porting department I finally found someone to help me and I got my old Verizon number ported over somehow. SERO is amazing and I still almost can't believe how much money I am saving.
    Hmmm, I wonder if Grand Central's beta would be helpful to those of you in that boat. It allows you to set a phone number in any area code, as I recall. That way, even though your Sprint number may be long distance you can add a Grand Central number to your phone (without losing your Sprint number) and make it a local call. I could be wrong about this, but its worth checking out.

Stu
    Good idea, Stu. I signed up a couple of weeks ago, but haven't used it yet.
    just ordered one for $149 retentions
    Bob Shipman
    President
    Congressional District Foundation, PA One
    http://www.congress1.org
    I bought one brand new on craigslist for $200. The guy still has another one for $200 if you are interested. PM me.
    Buy a $39 Centro from Best Buy then see if any 755 owner wants to swap.