1.    #1  
    Ive looked and looked for an alarmclock app (POS) that sets up alarms but ties into PTunes and allows PTunes to play random songs.

Butler comes close but it forces you to pick 1 song... sigh. (learned a long time ago it sucks to wake to the same song every morning plus... its a PITA to set a new song every night) Im looking for something that allows random songs.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    This seems like it might be a limitation of pTunes. I use mobileClock, and it can run any file you ask it to. I figured you could just run a playlist (.m3u), and you'd get what you wanted. But it don't work. I tried launching the playlist from resco explorer too. pTunes doesn't start playing when you do this.

What I was able to get working:
    - load the playlist, and set for random play
    - set pTunes to start playing on startup (advanced prefs)
    - set mobile clock to start pTunes on alarm time out (which I set to 5 sec).

This seems to do what you're looking for. You may be able to start pTunes with Butler too.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  3.    #3  
    Interesting about the possibility of it being a PTunes limitation. Ive asked the dev of PTunes if he would add it to his features (an alarm clock). Hes added it to his list but its VERY low on his list. Ive also asked the dev of Butler and hes done the same thing.

So I wait.

As for the Butler thing... It FORCES you to pick a song.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Well, you can do it with mobileClock if you follow the steps above. I did get the alarm to start pTunes with the existing playlist.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    You can do this with MetaView's 2PlayMe!

I think you'll be very happy with it, it does exactly what you request. Cheers!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    You can do this with MetaView's 2PlayMe!

I think you'll be very happy with it, it does exactly what you request. Cheers!
    Thanks!
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Thanks!
    You're welcome! I hope you love it as much as I do. I've been using it shortly after buying my TX in Oct 05 (not sure exactly how long afterwards I bought it) and it has served me well!