1.    #1  
    I know it was posted here, and is was spotted on the 755p update, but can anyone say they have either used this, or have seen it on a regular basis on their Treos?

Would love to see if it will actually work.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    There is an occasional Bluetooth Audio option that appears. Selecting 'Enabled' for the Audio State reverts to 'Disabled' as soon as you leave the screen. There is an Audio Rate option that goes from 44 KHz (as I recall) to 48.0 KHz. That selection remains, as well as the Audio Quality and pTunes Control options. However, as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't do anything. I'm not even convinced it has anything to do with A2DP.

The appearance and disappearance of this option menu reminds me of the Taxi Easter Egg. It's random and benign.
  3.    #3  
    I unfortunately never get to see it. even after an hour of fiddling with it. Drat.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    one small correction so people know more of what you are talking about it is called A2DP
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptitech View Post
    I unfortunately never get to see it. even after an hour of fiddling with it. Drat.
    You'll never get that hour back.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by csmelosky View Post
    one small correction so people know more of what you are talking about it is called A2DP
    Coffee hadn't kicked in at that point. Slag.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    A2DP is the format for sending encoded stereo sound over bluetooth. I have 2 A2DP headsets and I regularly use them with my Treo 680 and Lifedrive.

You have to load Softick's Audio Gateway to make it work.

One headset I picked up from Brookstone for something like $180, about 2 years ago. I used it with my Lifedrive. I used it yesterday with my Treo. I also have an off brand newer unit I bought through Woot that is a GSH300. They both work very well. The GSH lasts for about 4 hours between charges with its internal battery. I can't remember how long the Brookstone lasts, but it is quite a while.

I know that with Audio Gateway and the GSH300, I can also take phone calls. It will pause Ptunes, and you then hit a button to answer. After the call, Ptunes starts back up where you left off. The GSH300 also gives you control over Ptunes, skip a song, restart or even go backward in the list. This is great if the phone isn't directly accessable.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?