Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Any URL that is sent to me in my emails are no longer clickable. Is there a setting that I am missing? I know that it use to work but no more.

Thanks
    Did you do the Centro-Versamail update?

I started to not-get links that I normally got in emails with the old version of VM after I "upgraded" to the Centro one. I finally went back to old Versamail again, for this and other issues. All is good now (of course, with the known limitations of the pre-installed version).
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I never did any updates on my VersaMail since I got it 7 months ago. Am I to understand that you did an update and it fixed it? Please elaborate.

Thanks,

Jim
    What would be the benefit of using versa mail over wireless sync. I have asked before but never get a good anwser. I do have 3 emials that I need to check for work. None are exchange servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by vfrjim View Post
    I never did any updates on my VersaMail since I got it 7 months ago. Am I to understand that you did an update and it fixed it? Please elaborate.

Thanks,

Jim
    No. It's the opposite. I didn't have the problem with pre-installed version of Versamail. I did the Versamail-Centro update (do you know about that update I'm talking about?) and THEN the issue began.

So I guess we don't (didn't, in my case) have the same problem.
    Did you install uncache?

You need to go into Preferences (from the main launcher menu) and select Default Apps. Browser is the one you need to make sure is set to Web (assuming you are using Blazer.)

uncache is known for wiping out this option and not giving you a chance to select them.
    If in Default Apps you have "Web" selected next to "Browser", should that allow links to be clicked in Versa?
    I don't have Uncache, but I use CleanStart.
    I had the same problem - CleanStart is the reason and simply uninstalling it did not fix it.

Resolution:

Hard reset and reinstall apps one by one but don't reinstall CleanStart.

If you like your links clickable, you can't use uncache or CS.

This is by design.
    If you stop CleanStart from not notifying the Web browser on a restart, html links should work properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    If you stop CleanStart from not notifying the Web browser on a restart, html links should work properly.
    Operative word - should.

Are your links clickable and do you use CleanStart?
    I re-added Xiino (trial ended) and then I had the choice of two default Web apps: Blazer/Xiino. I set up Blazer as my default and now I have clickable links.

Also involving CleanStart: I checked "Email" and now I can set "Versamail" as my default. I don't know if you have to go all in and uninstall CleanStart-just be aware of what's checked/unchecked and do a reset if you make changes...
    Quote Originally Posted by egn View Post
    Operative word - should.

Are your links clickable and do you use CleanStart?
    I use cleanstart and my links are click-able. However I haven't used versamail in a while, usually use SME or Snappermail (shouldn't be relevant since they both relate html links to default web browser in the same way). I have my Cleanstart manually configured.

However there was an alternate file I installed a while back that basically does what Cleanstart does, but for Blazer only. With this file installed, even stopping Cleanstart notification halt on Blazer did nothing because this alternate file was stopping Blazer from being notified anyways.

If your "default web browser" has no selections even after removing Cleanstart then perhaps installing another browser that will add one like the above poster is a good idea to refresh the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I use cleanstart and my links are click-able. However I haven't used versamail in a while, usually use SME or Snappermail (shouldn't be relevant since they both relate html links to default web browser in the same way). I have my Cleanstart manually configured.

However there was an alternate file I installed a while back that basically does what Cleanstart does, but for Blazer only. With this file installed, even stopping Cleanstart notification halt on Blazer did nothing because this alternate file was stopping Blazer from being notified anyways.

If your "default web browser" has no selections even after removing Cleanstart then perhaps installing another browser that will add one like the above poster is a good idea to refresh the list.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
    I have cleanstart and my links are clickable from both versamail and takephone.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Well, I ended up giving up on this problem till today and figured out what was causing the un-clickable links. It was being caused by Opera Mini and Opera Mini Beta browsers installed. I uninstalled them via Resco Explorer and now it works fine.
    That's weird. I wouldn't think that OM could default to the default browser because it's not a standalone app...
    Yeah that is strange. I have Opera Mini beta 4.1 on a Sprint Centro and 700p and I have no problems with links in Versa Mail. In fact, I have no problems with Versa Mail.

I don't use UnCache, CleanStart or SafeGuard and I have happy Sprint/Palm devices.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I only posted my fix because it might help someone, I think it was beta 4 and not 4.1.