1.    #1  
    My Palm is resetting everytime I go to a new Memo. I get an error message "Memo Main.c, Line:2511, Bad Record"

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thank you. I need to read this memo and everytime I try to open it up it the phone resets. My phone works in all other ways. I have hot synced the memo to my computer.
  2.    #2  
    Please help. How do I correct the bad line of code so that I can stop the resets. Thanks
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saftasaba View Post
    My Palm is resetting everytime I go to a new Memo. I get an error message "Memo Main.c, Line:2511, Bad Record"

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thank you. I need to read this memo and everytime I try to open it up it the phone resets. My phone works in all other ways. I have hot synced the memo to my computer.
    It's a built in application. Maybe a problem with the database. You could run a DBSCAN utility. There is one. However, if sync'd to the PC read the memo's with Palm Desktop.
    Get DBFixIt from pimlicosoftware.com.
  5.    #5  
    I copied my "failed" memo to a word document and then did a hotsync to remove it from my handheld. I then copied it back to memos on my computer and hotsynced again. It worked. I want to thank lelisa13P at Brighthand for giving me this info. I also want to thank everyone for their suggestions.

Arlene
    My 680 shuts off and resets every time I click on the "Memos" icon. All other icons work fine. (I noticed the problem a month or two after a waiter spilled a tray of drinks all over me - and the 680 - though that might have nothing to do with this problem.) Can anyone suggest a solution?
    sounds like your memo database is corrupt. I don't know if Tealscan does the memo database or not. One drastic option is to delete the memo database and start over. Obviously you will lose alll of your notes.

You don't happen to haev a backup from before the problem started do you? You could just replace the database with a known good one.
    Thanks cavinjan, and my apologies for taking so long to reply. I've finally solved my problem by creating a new Memo file on my PC, changing the hot-synch setting for the Memo program to download from the PC only, and then doing a hot synch. Remarkably it worked!