1.    #1  
    It's more years then I care to remember when I bought the Treo 300 and of course every new model they intoduced in the years following. I have been patient, somewhat, thru ALL the problems associated with each new intoduction ending up with the 755P as of today. What's interesting is this laest "Upgrade" has put me over the top/edge. As
    many of you have noted, the changes are none exisistant. After 2 days I have noice NO changes in my device. Please understand I had not been complaining about the 755P, but they issue an update shouldn't have some noticeable benefit? Palm has redefined "Vaporware". Their arrogance or ignorance has surpassed my level of tolerance.
    My Sprint contract is up end of this year, my new phone will not be from Palm, no matter what they bring to market. They do not deserve the loyality exhibited by this community.
    My phone since the update hasn't had a single problem or reset. If you have been so unhappy why did you bother even getting the 755p? I started with the 600 and have had all the rest of the treo line since then. There are just things you can do with palm that I haven't been able to do with any other phone that I've ever owned.
    Yeah my 755p has been pretty flawless unless I install an app that has problems itself.

That's one of the main reason I can't tell much of a difference with the new rom, because my phone was working with the old one.
    I will not install the ROM update until it becomes necessary. Right now my 755p is A okay.

If the 755p had true GPS, I would be perfectly content.
    They fixed the DTMF tone bug. That was worth the update to me because it was annoying as hell. Also some cosmetic updates with SMS app - have you guys noticed how it truncates the SMS chat thread to minimize loading time. No discernible speed increase since mine was fine before the update.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    The main thing I noticed was I haven't had any resets .. I didn't get that many before but it did happen. As for speed increase I really haven't noticed much difference.. I wish palm would release a list of what was actually updated.
    How do you know the Treo 755p update is going well? No front page stories!

Clearly any issues you having are isolated, I would try to hard reset your Treo and install the 3rd party apps one by one.

Best of luck...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    My phone since the update hasn't had a single problem or reset. If you have been so unhappy why did you bother even getting the 755p? I started with the 600 and have had all the rest of the treo line since then. There are just things you can do with palm that I haven't been able to do with any other phone that I've ever owned.
    I never said I was unhappy with 755, but I felt a firmware upgrade should do something to make the unit better than it was. I, as many others, you of course could be the exception, have seen very little if any changes. Just another example of Palms' incompetance
    I,for one, think Palm is providing a service more in tune with what we were all *****ing about for the 700p update.

Trust me . . . Palm and Sprint would not go thru the trouble of providing the update unless they felt the need. Please do not damn them for being proactive.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/06/2008 at 06:51 AM.
    Good Lord . . . I get beeped for a word that ryhmes with itching but not for damn?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I will not install the ROM update until it becomes necessary. Right now my 755p is A okay.

If the 755p had true GPS, I would be perfectly content.
    I have to agree COMPLETELY with Perry. After going through 2 700p's with the ROM update, I see no reason to infect my 755 that is, to this point, working perfectly. Isn't it interesting that the Sprint users seem to be the guinea pigs for Palm updates.
    As a Sprint user, I have no problem being a "ginea pig"

No sir, first CDMA phones, first ROM updates.

Now with Verizon, wait almost forever for the 700p, wait forever for the 755, wait forever plus a few years for a Centro that may never come to Verizon, wait forever for the 800w.

And wait forever plus a lifetime for Perry's 900p that may or may not arrive at Verizon. I feel sure it will show up at Sprint.

Verizon? No thanks.

Yup, I am content in my Palm/Sprint world as a "ginea pig"

You mean you don't want to pay double the prices for plans and get phones later?

Crazy talk