1.    #1  
    I have searched and found that Versamail will not sync mail subfolders with Exchange ActiveSync. I really need to do this. What are my options? Can a 3rd party app run along side versamail? Can I use VersaMail to sync my calendar and contacts and Chattermail or Snappermail to do the Exchange ActiveSync with my mail? If so, any instructions would be greatly appreciated. FYI, this is my first Palm OS phone and I love the speed!!!
    Hi, welcome to the forums. I don't have an answer about the Exchange ActiveSync, as I don't use that. However, I use ChatterEmail to gather my email from gmail and do not use Versamail. I have it set to Do Nothing in my Hotsync conduit. You can definitely run any other 3rd party email app and still have Versamail, but you have to choose one or the other to be y our default email app.

As far as getting your Calendar and Contacts synced, that is also done in Hotsync using either Outlook or the Palm Desktop; you get to choose this option when you install the Palm Desktop from the installation CD that came with the phone. Calendar and Contacts have nothing to do with Versamail.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response. The calendar and contacts do sync through VersaMail when connected via ExchangeActive Sync. I don't even use a local desktop to sync any info, it is all done wirelessly through VersaMail. Versamail is fine except for the subfolder issue. Has anyone else had this issue? I only want to sync my calendar, contacts, and email wirelessly.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ector View Post
    Thanks for the response. The calendar and contacts do sync through VersaMail when connected via ExchangeActive Sync. I don't even use a local desktop to sync any info, it is all done wirelessly through VersaMail. Versamail is fine except for the subfolder issue. Has anyone else had this issue? I only want to sync my calendar, contacts, and email wirelessly.

thanks
    Oh, sorry; like I said I am not familiar with ExchangeActive sync, but I learned something new today. Hope you get a resolve for your issue.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Hello Ector, I don't know if you read any of this on the Palm site, but maybe you can glean some help here:

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...ctivesync.html
    Unfortunately Versamail doesn't sync subfolders and as far as I know I don't believe chattermail syncs subfolders in EAS either but I could be wrong on that. I only used chattermail for a couple of days with the EX plugin and it didn't sync my contacts or calender so I stopped using it. The only way I have found to accomplish is to have all your mail go into your main inbox and sepparate it later. I know its a pain but to me having EAS at all it worth the extra trouble.
    Snappermail enterprise is another possible solution, but I have not found specific info that states if EAS supports subfolder sync.

You could throw their tech support a question about it and find out.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I use Versamail to sync the calendar and contacts and Chattermail for email. Versamail just runs in the background -- I really never have to get into it after the initial setup since all of the email setups should be done in Chattermail.

For subfolders, I've found that Chattermail won't recognize INBOX subfolders (those directly off of an Outlook Inbox) but it WILL recognize them if you just set the folder up as a seperate folder in your Outlook Mailbox. Once you setup your EAS account in Chattermail, then you can add additional "mailboxes" on that account that link to your subfolders. When you create the mailboxes, there is a drop-down that shows all available folder names (such as inbox) on your EAS Outlook server.

One of the great things about Chattermail is that once you've setup your accounts and boxes, you can view messages from all of them in one summary screen, but use different colors for each. For example, you might have your Outlook EAS Inbox messages show in white, another Outlook subfolder show in Green, and some personal IMAP account shown in blue. It really works great for me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    I use Versamail to sync the calendar and contacts and Chattermail for email. Versamail just runs in the background -- I really never have to get into it after the initial setup since all of the email setups should be done in Chattermail.

For subfolders, I've found that Chattermail won't recognize INBOX subfolders (those directly off of an Outlook Inbox) but it WILL recognize them if you just set the folder up as a seperate folder in your Outlook Mailbox. Once you setup your EAS account in Chattermail, then you can add additional "mailboxes" on that account that link to your subfolders. When you create the mailboxes, there is a drop-down that shows all available folder names (such as inbox) on your EAS Outlook server.

One of the great things about Chattermail is that once you've setup your accounts and boxes, you can view messages from all of them in one summary screen, but use different colors for each. For example, you might have your Outlook EAS Inbox messages show in white, another Outlook subfolder show in Green, and some personal IMAP account shown in blue. It really works great for me.
    So you have VersaMail setup for EAS Calendar/Contact and Chattermail setup for EAS mail on the same Exchange account? Does that cause any conflicts? There are settings in VersaMail EAS that allow you to not sync the mail? I'm setting this up for my boss and rarely have access to his phone so I need to have everything ready to go before I get this phone. Any setups steps you can give me? I appreciate all your help. I've called Palm support and I know more then them in my few days using the 755p
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    You can't tell Versamail to sync only contacts and calendar -- just set it up to auto sync all. The email that it loads won't conflict at all with Chattermail loading the same messages. One thing to keep in mind is that if you change passwords (we have ours set to require password changes every 90 days) then you will have to update it in both Chatter and Versamail. Also I've sometimes noticed (maybe once a month or so) that there was a problem with syncing contacts or the calendar and I go into Versamail just to manually "sync All". Other than that, though, it works flawlessly.
  11.    #11  
    You can't tell Versamail to sync only contacts and calendar -- just set it up to auto sync all. The email that it loads won't conflict at all with Chattermail loading the same messages. One thing to keep in mind is that if you change passwords (we have ours set to require password changes every 90 days) then you will have to update it in both Chatter and Versamail. Also I've sometimes noticed (maybe once a month or so) that there was a problem with syncing contacts or the calendar and I go into Versamail just to manually "sync All". Other than that, though, it works flawlessly.
    So what program opens when you you click the green mail button on the phone? Or do both programs put their mail in the same place? Is Chattermail a seperate program icon? Sorry for the dumb questions but I don't know Palm OS at all...thanks, again.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Snappermail enterprise is another possible solution, but I have not found specific info that states if EAS supports subfolder sync.

You could throw their tech support a question about it and find out.
    Snappermail does not work with EAS no matter what version you use.

You can use EAS with versamail to just sync Calender/Contacts as long as you remove the As it arrives option and have it sync on a time basis and then use chattermail for your email... It doesn't update as snappy as just being able to run one program that does it all but it works. I've never tested this because I didn't like chattermail when I tested it but I know if you put versamail on a time schedule you can remove the check mark on the mail and just have it do the others so I'm assuming it will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ector View Post
    So what program opens when you you click the green mail button on the phone? Or do both programs put their mail in the same place? Is Chattermail a seperate program icon? Sorry for the dumb questions but I don't know Palm OS at all...thanks, again.
    You have to assign an application to that hard button, as is I believe that Versamail is assigned to it out of the box. But go into Preferences - Buttons and you will see the envelope button with a pull down box; pull down that box and all the apps on your Palm should be in there. I personally have ChatterEmail assigned to my green envelope button because I use it to get my mail.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    You can use EAS with versamail to just sync Calender/Contacts as long as you remove the As it arrives option and have it sync on a time basis and then use chattermail for your email...
    Actually I haven't found that necessary. My Versamail is still set to auto-sync as items arrive, just as Chattermail is. I've used it this way for months with no problems. This way I ensure my meetings and contacts are always current as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    You have to assign an application to that hard button.... I personally have ChatterEmail assigned to my green envelope button because I use it to get my mail.
    In System-Preference-Personal-Buttons you can assign any app to the buttons. Using that screen I have set Chattermail as my mail button and Versamail (to easily get to it if I need a password change or have any sync problems) as the Option+Mail button. (Note that Versamail is just listed as "Email" in the apps dropdown.)
    I do also have Chattermail set as the default email app under Preferences-General-Default Apps but I'm not certain what that does after setting the buttons directly. I assume if any other app allows you to send mail, it would send using Chattermail that way.
    Other apps ask you what you want to send with.

For example if you choose Send from Pics & Videos, it displays all your email/sms apps and you have to pick one.

Also, Butler lets you assign more buttons than the default Preferences. You can actually assign the green button and alt+red button.
    I do also have Chattermail set as the default email app under Preferences-General-Default Apps but I'm not certain what that does after setting the buttons directly. I assume if any other app allows you to send mail, it would send using Chattermail that way.
    Yes, the default app like for a player or email is for when you are browsing or opening something that has a link; it will open whatever app you hae set as the default. I click on links for streaming radio and it will open my Pocket Tunes, which I have set as the default player. Same with ChatterEmail, f I click on a "contact us" link on a webpage it will open up Chatter to send the email. Yes, with the 755 you have actually two options to attach apps to each hard button. My 650 only had the 4 hard buttons. Nice extra.
    I guess Blazer is different and uses the default app. Some apps ignore default app and make you pick.