Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Tim:

does ptunes deluxe come with the centro?
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdazuelos View Post
    Hey tim,
    can you give me 2 infos :
    - do you know if the plugs and cables are the same as for the 680 ? ( in which case it would be very easy to unlock)
    - My friend is visiting next week here in Canada from GR (he's from Kzoo though but lives in GR), do you know a store a I could tell him to go to ge me one ? (either GR or Kzoo, he'll be in Kzoo this week end)

cheers

Jd
    Question 1: no idea. This is my first smartphone and I don't know what the connectors look like on the 680 to compare them to. However, Smileyboy just bought his today and says his 680 is up for sale already, so he would definitely know. This is his thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=160952

Question 2: As of last night, the ATT store in Rivertown Crossings Mall (GR) did not have any yet, but they were expecting a shipment today. I went to the ATT store at

5880 S WESTNEDGE
    PORTAGE, MI 49002
    (269) 385-3272

They had them in stock and for sale.

Hope this helps.
    tim
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Well I just picked up mine. I went yesterday to one of our local stores and they never even heard of it.
    I go to another ATT store down the road this morning and it's out on display already.
    I have to admit they did a really good job on this one. It had a nice feel to it and it's finally a new form factor.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I also picked mine up today. I like the green keys. I looked at them for a LONG time then pulled the trigger. I really bought it for the form factor, not disappointed!! Having some sync issues, but I am working on those. Very happy with it so far. The green keys are kind neat!!! What do I know??? Very happy that AT&T had this. I wasn't going to get on with out them..
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Question 1: no idea. This is my first smartphone and I don't know what the connectors look like on the 680 to compare them to. However, Smileyboy just bought his today and says his 680 is up for sale already, so he would definitely know. This is his thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=160952

Question 2: As of last night, the ATT store in Rivertown Crossings Mall (GR) did not have any yet, but they were expecting a shipment today. I went to the ATT store at

5880 S WESTNEDGE
    PORTAGE, MI 49002
    (269) 385-3272

They had them in stock and for sale.

Hope this helps.
    Thx so much buddy, I ll keep you posted if my friend finds it
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    Tim:

does ptunes deluxe come with the centro?
    Yes!
    Thanks,

Chad Garrett

Hi - I was told last week about the Centro by ATT store. (Maybe its because I said I liked my 4 yr old phone that 'lights' up Nokia 3220.....but the memory is shot thanks to pics and text msg.)
    I played with the new Centro yesterday at the ATT store. They have it set up live to play with, but know nothing about it. The phone interface is the b/w 680? with the symbols. I prefer the colorful menu of the Sprint display. I'd like to know if the ATT has Docs to Go on it. ATT store still pushing IPhone/Blackjack/Blackberry.

The store offered $199 pay now, get $100 back mail rebate. They also offered pkg w/car charger, case, something else for $269 w/rebate. Its white with number buttons green. Reminds me of Apple for some reason, maybe its that new guy at Palm who came from Apple.

Ok please someone tell me if Sprint is ok? I can get the Sprint phone for nearly nothing. I've been with ATT for 8 years. I like the PINK. If you call ATT they don't even know they have the Centro yet. Nor can they offer me a customer retention deal. Guess I'm waiting for Feb 19th for everyone to be on the same page.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by tastars View Post
    Ok please someone tell me if Sprint is ok?.
    I currently use Sprint and have no problems.

Enjoy.
    Thanks,

Chad Garrett
    Thats the ATT deal the store offered me in Dallas TX
    Quote Originally Posted by tastars View Post
    Ok please someone tell me if Sprint is ok? I can get the Sprint phone for nearly nothing. I've been with ATT for 8 years. I like the PINK. If you call ATT they don't even know they have the Centro yet. Nor can they offer me a customer retention deal. Guess I'm waiting for Feb 19th for everyone to be on the same page.
    Sprint is fantastic. I changed to them last May after over 20 years with Verizon. Also, the Sprint Centro is high speed internet whereas the AT&T Centro is not. That's a big difference in itself.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    I also picked mine up today. I like the green keys. I looked at them for a LONG time then pulled the trigger. I really bought it for the form factor, not disappointed!! Having some sync issues, but I am working on those. Very happy with it so far. The green keys are kind neat!!! What do I know??? Very happy that AT&T had this. I wasn't going to get on with out them..
    Way to go, Shucks! I can't wait to get mine.
    tim
    Why isn't anyone talking about how this Centro has NO 3G! To me, that is unforgivable in a market where 3G speeds are standard on all most new flip phones and even some of the cheepies.

How can a user expect to stream audio/video on EDGE? How can Sprint have a 3G Centro but not AT&T? What gives?
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helixtimestwo View Post
    Why isn't anyone talking about how this Centro has NO 3G! To me, that is unforgivable in a market where 3G speeds are standard on all most new flip phones and even some of the cheepies.

How can a user expect to stream audio/video on EDGE? How can Sprint have a 3G Centro but not AT&T? What gives?
    It's like buying an SUV. If you need a giant one, one that can carry your family, pull the boat and snowmobiles, etc., buy the giant one. If you only need to get back and forth to work in something slightly bigger than a car, get the car-based, unibody one.

The same is true with this phone. Those people who have to be attached to the internet full-time will NOT consider this phone. However, the hundreds of thousands of us who want all of our contacts, calendar, and phone in one device, who want the occasional connectivity to the internet, but don't base our entire lives around it, will be extremely satisfied with this phone. Obviously, there is a market for this phone or we wouldn't have seen the buzz that has been taking place for the past two months.

Just my take.
    tim
    What? Aren't they the same price? I thought the only reason for anyone going ATNT was for better signal coverage? How can you beat the Sprint Sero plan and I guess faster Internet? $30 for everything is tough to beat.

For some usages, it is not much different between 3G or 2G. The battery is the big concern.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Thx Timmy. Your enthusiasm is contagious!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    General availability: product announcement, press release, on-shelf availability, and overall product order capability for Palm Centro smartphone for AT&T:

February 19, 2008
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    My local AT&T rep told me they couldn't sell any until tomorrow and that the powers that be at AT&T corporate would come down on them hard if they presold any.

How are all these other shops able to sell so many before tomorrow?

Mr. Curious
  19. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

The problem is the same as on the Treo 700p/755 vs. 680/AT&T 650--both are hitting the limits of what the current OS (Garnet) can support. 3G on GSM requires simultaneous voice and data. So does EvDO Rev. A.

The mess of all this, though, is a big part of why so many people are eagerly anticipating Palm OS II--to finally have devices that can compete on speed with this much of the rest of the market. Those flip phones and cheapies don't have an OS to speak of (ok, technically they have something, just not something that supports 3rd party apps or the functionality of a smartphone), so they can be built to handle whatever speed the carrier and manufacturer want.

Me, I'd rather have coverage than speed, and the flexibility of GSM (e.g. switching via SIM cards) over CDMA. So my choice is AT&T. Low price is meaningless unless the value is comparable.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345