Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post

my mistake. $100 rebate-$99 final cost
    That's fine; I just wanted to make sure it wasn't $199 AFTER the rebate.

Thanks for keeping us posted. I've got four days off. I'm going to bug them every day!
    tim
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Is the $100 rebate mail in?? Please tell me NO...
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Is the $100 rebate mail in?? Please tell me NO...
    Yep
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, so I call the store in Kalamazoo again tonight, just to see if, by chance, they came in:

Me: Did you happen to get the new Centro phone shipped to your store today?

Agent: No, we just got some new phone from Palm.

Me: Is it white?

Agent: Yes.

Me: Does it have green keys?

Agent: Yes, it does.

Me: That would be the new Palm Centro.

Agent: Oh, well then I guess we have them!

Me: So, if I come over tomorrow, I could actually hold one in my hands, even if I can't officially buy it for a few days?

Agent: Sure, I don't see why not.

Guess where I'm going tomorrow???
    tim
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    OK, so I call the store in Kalamazoo again tonight, just to see if, by chance, they came in:

Me: Did you happen to get the new Centro phone shipped to your store today?

Agent: No, we just got some new phone from Palm.

Me: Is it white?

Agent: Yes.

Me: Does it have green keys?

Agent: Yes, it does.

Me: That would be the new Palm Centro.

Agent: Oh, well then I guess we have them!

Me: So, if I come over tomorrow, I could actually hold one in my hands, even if I can't officially buy it for a few days?

Agent: Sure, I don't see why not.

Guess where I'm going tomorrow???
    so they're telling you that they can't sell it until next week?
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    so they're telling you that they can't sell it until next week?
    She obviously had no clue as to what this phone was, or what the details would be. I didn't want to wait for her to put me on hold for her to find out. I worded the question that way so that I could at least come over and look at it. I'll find out tomorrow for sure.
    tim
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    She obviously had no clue as to what this phone was, or what the details would be. I didn't want to wait for her to put me on hold for her to find out. I worded the question that way so that I could at least come over and look at it. I'll find out tomorrow for sure.
    let me know how the white looks. i'm struggling with getting it or waiting until black or blue comes out.....but i need a new pda now!!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    let me know how the white looks. i'm struggling with getting it or waiting until black or blue comes out.....but i need a new pda now!!
    You know I will!
    tim
    Me too, but If I have to I will wait until something that isn't white with puke green keys comes out. (unless it is another pink one)
    You know I will!
    When you see it, be sure to take some photos so you can post them here tomorrow.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    My store received about a dozen of them today. It's kinda cute. The green keyboard looks better in person and it is such a tiny phone...I played around with it for a few and it's got the 680 dialer (which is a good thing) and even though it doesn't launch until the 19th, no sales rep would be in trouble if they sold it before that date. Comes with a trial for napster to go, USB cable, home charger, battery, and obviously centro in the box. The outside of teh box advertises the instant messaging application which will be a major seller for the kiddies who will tend to buy this phone in my market.

P.S. the phone will be out in black next month with a regular colored keyboard, for anyone who hates the green keys.

If anyone has any questions, let me know, as we have like a dozen of them sitting in our inventory room, ready to be sold to you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartNewbie View Post
    My store received about a dozen of them today. It's kinda cute. The green keyboard looks better in person and it is such a tiny phone...I played around with it for a few and it's got the 680 dialer (which is a good thing) and even though it doesn't launch until the 19th, no sales rep would be in trouble if they sold it before that date. Comes with a trial for napster to go, USB cable, home charger, battery, and obviously centro in the box. The outside of teh box advertises the instant messaging application which will be a major seller for the kiddies who will tend to buy this phone in my market.

P.S. the phone will be out in black next month with a regular colored keyboard, for anyone who hates the green keys.

If anyone has any questions, let me know, as we have like a dozen of them sitting in our inventory room, ready to be sold to you all!
    So what city are you in? If you're in St. Louis let us know what store. I called a few today and they act like they have no idea when they'll get them. I have a guy at my local cigar shop that wants to switch to AT&T from Sprint, and he wants the Centro.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    How can you guys stand the greenn keys? I know I can't.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I am starting to come around on the green keys. It might be a nice splash of color on a white phone. I hope there isn't a lot of chrome on the phone like the artic 680. The chrome on my phone is really scratched. I had a case on it but it didn't cover that area. The green keys might look ok. Maybe..

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartNewbie View Post

Any idea of the release date for the black so we might know how much extra we have to wait for it?
    where did the green keys come from. where are the pictures? I missed that one!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Here is a look.

I don't think it looks that bad....

Am I nuts??

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...ntro-unboxing/

18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Here is a look.

I don't think it looks that bad....

Am I nuts??

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...ntro-unboxing/
    I agree, I think it looks "unique", but not in a bad way.
    Thanks,

Chad Garrett
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Went to the K-zoo store today. They were a little confused about this phone, but that is to be understood, considering they just got it in yesterday. At first, when they looked up the price, she said $349 with a contract!!! When I explained to her that they would sell a grand total of none at that price, another sales rep stepped in and showed her where the real price was. It was as everyone else has said: $199 with a $100 rebate. The $349 was the full retail price, which is slightly better than the unlocked UK version price that we saw last week. (She mentioned at that time that the phone would NOT be unlocked, so I couldn't buy it and use it on another network.) I still would have purchased it today, but my wife doesn't want the white; she wants either the pink (she is really devoted to the breast cancer issue), or the black (because she feels she will scratch the white one up). Unfortunately, she would have to get the phone within 30 days of our activation, or else pay full retail. Since we don't know exactly when in March the black one will be coming out, we decided to wait and get two then.

My excitement level has now calmed down to where I have to make rational decisions, based on good information. Doesn't that stink?

Also, so much has been made of the green keys. The keyboard is so small on this phone and the green keys are only about 1/3 of it. It, to me, is a non-issue. Even my wife, who knows a lot about design and use of color, thought it was a non-factor, something that made the white actually more appealing, rather than stark.

I took a picture of me holding it, but my phone cable is giving me issues right now, so if I can get it to work, I'll post it later today.

Hope this helps!
    tim
    Hey tim,
    can you give me 2 infos :
    - do you know if the plugs and cables are the same as for the 680 ? ( in which case it would be very easy to unlock)
    - My friend is visiting next week here in Canada from GR (he's from Kzoo though but lives in GR), do you know a store a I could tell him to go to ge me one ? (either GR or Kzoo, he'll be in Kzoo this week end)

cheers

Jd
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast