1.    #1  
    I have a Palm Treo 755p with the included Google Maps application (latest version, btw).

I noticed there's a traffic light icon at the top of the app, but I'm not sure how it works. When I click it, certain streets turn green, but I see nothing that explains what this means.

Do any of you know? (Sorry if the answer is super-obvious, but I don't see it.)

Thanks, in advance.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I believe this means no traffic delays. i.e. green

Have you ever seen a message like 15 minute delay.

Try using it on a trip from Disney to Tampa on I-4, not in the back woods to see this. Not all places have it.
    FastFrank
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank View Post
    I believe this means no traffic delays. i.e. green

Have you ever seen a message like 15 minute delay.

Try using it on a trip from Disney to Tampa on I-4, not in the back woods to see this. Not all places have it.
    Thanks.

So it can offer more than "green" and (what I presume would be) "red?" 15 minute delay wouldn't be good news, but it'd be good to know before hitting the road.

I wonder how specific it can get... and if all of this applies to Palm versions of Google Maps. (I know the WM versions are different in some ways - like allowing GPS navigation)
    Hit Menu and read "TIPS". It shows the speeds vs. color.
    FastFrank
    I just saw this online the other day while trying out how to use it w/my new 755 & BT GPS, apparently not very well yet. but here's the online answer: http://www.google.com/support/mobile...231&topic=9121
    What do the colors represent on the traffic data?

If available in your area, real-time traffic conditions will be displayed over the highway as color coded lines. Each color represents how fast the traffic is moving:
    Green: more than 50 miles per hour
    Yellow: 25 - 50 miles per hour
    Red: less than 25 miles per hour
    Gray: no data available
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank View Post
    Hit Menu and read "TIPS". It shows the speeds vs. color.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 08HybridOK View Post
    I just saw this online the other day while trying out how to use it w/my new 755 & BT GPS, apparently not very well yet. but here's the online answer: http://www.google.com/support/mobile...231&topic=9121
    What do the colors represent on the traffic data?

If available in your area, real-time traffic conditions will be displayed over the highway as color coded lines. Each color represents how fast the traffic is moving:
    Green: more than 50 miles per hour
    Yellow: 25 - 50 miles per hour
    Red: less than 25 miles per hour
    Gray: no data available
    Thanks.

My understanding was that Google Maps on the 755p doesn't work with Bluetooth GPS receivers. You've got reason to believe otherwise?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    OK.

Thanks.

My understanding was that Google Maps on the 755p doesn't work with Bluetooth GPS receivers. You've got reason to believe otherwise?
    It doesn't work directly. I used where am I? to get my location, and transfer that to Google maps. so it works for a static location, just won't keep tracking you

Hopefully Google will make an update that will work directly with a BT GPS...

Hopefully the make something before I decide to purchase a mapping software package. I still don't know what add-on packae I might want, Garmin, TomTom, SA 2008, others ??? I want to be able to look up on the go a store, etc and get directions to there, but I also don't care to spend another $100 as I just bought a BT GPS and I all ready have a dedicated Garmin Streetpilot for the car, I would like to have a portable GPS, for those 3-5 times a year I'm out in my own town looking for something new.
  8.    #8  
    It doesn't work directly. I used where am I? to get my location, and transfer that to Google maps. so it works for a static location, just won't keep tracking you
    What's "Where Am I?"

Hopefully Google will make an update that will work directly with a BT GPS...

Hopefully the make something before I decide to purchase a mapping software package. I still don't know what add-on packae I might want, Garmin, TomTom, SA 2008, others ??? I want to be able to look up on the go a store, etc and get directions to there, but I also don't care to spend another $100 as I just bought a BT GPS and I all ready have a dedicated Garmin Streetpilot for the car, I would like to have a portable GPS, for those 3-5 times a year I'm out in my own town looking for something new.
    Street Atlas USA 2008 is an inexpensive option. It isn't quite as robust as Tom Tom and other packages appear to be (and its documentation is lacking) but it seems to offer the best bang for your buck, in my opinion.

It allows you to use your Treo for GPS navigation AND it comes with a powerful, full version for your computer - all of this in the same ~$40 package.
    What's "Where Am I?"
    Where Am I (WAI) is a smart Google Maps Mobile companion tool for Palm OS. If you ever wanted to bind your bluetooth GPS receiver with Google Maps, then this tool is for you.
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/where-am-i,1172.html

Street Atlas USA 2008 is an inexpensive option. It isn't quite as robust as Tom Tom and other packages appear to be (and its documentation is lacking) but it seems to offer the best bang for your buck, in my opinion.

It allows you to use your Treo for GPS navigation AND it comes with a powerful, full version for your computer - all of this in the same ~$40 package.
    I'm leaning toward SA because of the price. I sent an e-mail to Garmin in hopes of being able to buy a cheaper version of just the software, and then using my 2720 maps to unlock to the treo. I know I'm probably dreaming, but it's worth a try.
  10.    #10  
    Where Am I (WAI) is a smart Google Maps Mobile companion tool for Palm OS. If you ever wanted to bind your bluetooth GPS receiver with Google Maps, then this tool is for you.
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/where-am-i,1172.html
    Thanks. Is this the kind of app that I wouldn't need since I already have gps software on my Treo 755p?

I'm leaning toward SA because of the price. I sent an e-mail to Garmin in hopes of being able to buy a cheaper version of just the software, and then using my 2720 maps to unlock to the treo. I know I'm probably dreaming, but it's worth a try.
    Good luck.
    Thanks. Is this the kind of app that I wouldn't need since I already have gps software on my Treo 755p?

Good luck.
    I don't know what else it can do, but it connects to the gps, gets the location (cordinates) then you click map and google maps loads up with your location in the center.
    So if you want to use google maps and have your location you use it, if you just use your GPS software and don't need GM, then it's not much help.

So it might be helpful with GM & Traffic, just won't keep moving w/you. & it's small, give it a try, del if you don't use it
  12.    #12  
    I don't know what else it can do, but it connects to the gps, gets the location (cordinates) then you click map and google maps loads up with your location in the center.
    So if you want to use google maps and have your location you use it, if you just use your GPS software and don't need GM, then it's not much help.

So it might be helpful with GM & Traffic, just won't keep moving w/you. & it's small, give it a try, del if you don't use it
    Looks interesting. Too bad I have to register to download it.

Actually, it's too bad MyTreo.net requires multiple registrations for the store, the download area and/or the forums. I'm already registered with the store, but after multiple tries, I realized I wasn't registered to download that particular program.

That's why I thought I'd ask.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.
    Looks interesting. Too bad I have to register to download it.

Actually, it's too bad MyTreo.net requires multiple registrations for the store, the download area and/or the forums. I'm already registered with the store, but after multiple tries, I realized I wasn't registered to download that particular program.

That's why I thought I'd ask.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.
    That's just one place, google it you can probably fine a totaly free place. maybe this one?
    http://www.freeware-palm.com/downloa...nion-v1-4.html
    This link is in the app. hope it posts correctly as I'm still learning to type on this thing.

wfmh.org.pl/carlos/version.php?Application=WAI.&Version=1&Revision=6
  15.    #15  
    Wow. I can't believe that was six months, ago.

Anyway, as I was just saying in another thread, I finally got "Where Am I" successfully downloaded and I dig it. Especially considering how disappointing the 800w's gps abilities seem to be.