Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The reason I ask is because it's gotten royally bashed on the Treo list over on Yahoogroups. Lots of complaints about shoddy quality. I was going to buy a case and some styli from them but now I am not sure I should. If you've bought anything from Seido, how was the quality?
    Your going to get mixed messages on this one. I have orderd a few cases , stylus, batterys and all were top notch. There Cradle I ordered twice and both were busted so I gave up on that. There customer service is spotty with returns . Overall I have had a great experiance with them and will keep purchasing from them.
    they monitor the boards and I have always received satisfaction
    bought lots of product from them and most are good
    Have only bought from them once but no complaints. I have the rubberized hard case/holster and pen stylus and screen protector for the centro. All have been good so far.
    Vinnie
    If the bashing is recent then I'd go by that. They've always had good products but the quality and service regarding the Centro is worse than eBay. It sounds like they've really dropped the ball and aren't the way they used to be.

I won't buy anything from them for those reasons. Depending on what you're looking for you can probably find something as good or better and at a better price these days. They aren't as unique as I think they used to be. I'd get the styli, I doubt that can be an issue. It seems like that is one of the few unique products they have for the Centro. I wouldn't get a case from them.
    I just think they're overpriced for what you get. The replacement stylus is nice but expensive. Though the pen part isn't nearly as nice as I've had even with the cheap 3rd party i500 or 700p pen styli I've had. 3rd party styli will be on ebay within a couple weeks, and I'm sure they'll be cheap.

The silicone case is too thin and flexible for my tastes. I hear good things about their crystal type cases, but they're just overpriced imho.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I just picked up a snap-on case and holster clip for a Mogul. On the holster, the clip that holds the phone in just fell off. Looks like the pin fell out. Luckily the phone still stayed in the case! I sent it in and I will see if it gets back to me.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    They've gone downhill. Low quality products and low quality customer support.
    I've ordered 3 batteries, a case, stylus, holster and a couple of other items with no issues. Also have had friends (4) order some cases, never had a problem.

I have to say, their hard-cases for the Centro (rubberized, clear and hybrid) plus their skinned holster is the best case/holster combo out there for this phone and even for other devices (mogul holster).

Overpriced is relative--if another company has the same product but cheaper, then go for that. But if they don't, then I don't mind paying a couple extra dollars to protect my investment.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    We are a fairly large wireless dealer (25 stores) and looked into carrying their products. The costs for their items were high, too high so we don't carry Seidio anything. That's my only gripe, expensive even for vendors.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I too have had mixed success with Seido. Not one adapter or headset I've ordered from them has lasted more than 2 weeks. But I've had good luck with thier batteries... you just have to be careful to get reviews on the specific items you're interested in.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    and if you think Seidio is expensive, you must not have seen Boxwave's offerings lately.

And fyi...the pen/styli combo both companies have are the same exact ones the Chinese wholesalers have. I have a feeling they'll be on ebay soon enough so don't waste your money. The close up pics look exactly the same and have both the black and red tips. Wonder if the pink will be far behind. I'd bet money that companies like Seidio and Boxwave pay to have 1st dibs on certain products so they can charge a premium before other 3rd party sellers get their hands on them and drop the price level down.
    Last edited by crogs571; 02/05/2008 at 01:09 AM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I have been a seidio customer since I got my Treo 600 spending close to $2k in their products for me, my wife or gifts and have been very pleased with the quality of the products. My latest purchase was just last week. Whenever I had an issue an email to their RMA department would get me a response within 24 hours. Their RMA process could use some improvement but overall the value, quality of the products and service has been great for me.
    Device history:
    Pilot 5000>Palm 2MB upgrade to Palm III>Palm V>Clie PEG-TJ35>Treo 600>HP4155>Treo 650>700p>Apache>700p>755p>Apache>Mogul>Touch>BB Pearl>Curve>800W+Instinct
    The more vocal you are on the forum, the more they'll respond to any problems you have. Search for Seidio threads, you'll see what I mean...
    I agree Christina but what about 90% of the other customers who aren't on these forums?

That goes back to Manny, I think the point is they've dropped the ball significantly, recently with quality and customer service. A couple of years ago or so they were great apparently. I don't think you should need to return anything, "whenever" sounds like several times.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Actually, I made some noise in these very forums about the headsets and got zero response. I've seen where they've responded to others, though.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    ...they've dropped the ball significantly, recently with quality and customer service...
    I sincerely apologize to any of you that have ever had issues with either a product or customer service, but I have to disagree with you on this point. Our quality is very good right now, and is in fact good enough to be sold by Palm, AT&T and Verizon Wireless. It doesn't mean that we never have a defective product or that everyone will love the product they receive, which is why we offer both a refund and exchange policy.

In regards, to customer service...we continue to strive for excellence in this area, and have recently changed some processes and upgraded some of our system software to help with this goal. There will always be times when someone isn't happy with our policy or the way something was handled, and forums are often the place where this frustration is vented. We completely understand this, which is why we monitor many of them and try our best to respond.

If you have a situation like this, I've always made myself available to do whatever I can to help. My email is forum@seidio.com, and I do my best to answer it daily. In fact, it's actually a much better avenue than posting on a forum, as it's easier for me to find and is checked more often. I cannot guarantee I can make you happy, but I'll certainly try!

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Actually, I made some noise in these very forums about the headsets and got zero response. I've seen where they've responded to others, though.
    Micael,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your headset. I try to get to the forums as often as I can, but don't always see every thread. Please email me at forum@seidio.com with your issue and I'll be glad to see what I can do to help you.

Thanks,
    Seidio, I have to disagree with you on this point too. lol. The people here on these forums, apparently not just this Centro forum have had more issues than they used to with Seidio. I think that's a fact, you just replied to Micael even.

The people who are on these forums are serious users and have a long history using your products. We aren't the same customer base who walk in a store and buys one product. I'm glad Seidio is being sold through more channels but that doesn't mean the quality or customer service hasn't dropped, it just means more people are buying your products.

The people on these forums have an issue with defects or misleading products, not buyers remorse. You can't please every customer but when the people on here are having problems you should know something at Seidio has changed. I think you said it best, "...someone isn't happy with our policy or the way something was handled." I think that is the point and where the issue is, apparently, well that and misleading pics of cases that have marks removed. lol. Lastly, we shouldn't need to rely on you to help us out although I'm sure everyone appreciates it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Seidio, I have to disagree with you on this point too. lol. The people here on these forums, apparently not just this Centro forum have had more issues than they used to with Seidio. I think that's a fact, you just replied to Micael even.

The people who are on these forums are serious users and have a long history using your products. We aren't the same customer base who walk in a store and buys one product. I'm glad Seidio is being sold through more channels but that doesn't mean the quality or customer service hasn't dropped, it just means more people are buying your products.

The people on these forums have an issue with defects or misleading products, not buyers remorse. You can't please every customer but when the people on here are having problems you should know something at Seidio has changed. I think you said it best, "...someone isn't happy with our policy or the way something was handled." I think that is the point and where the issue is, apparently, well that and misleading pics of cases that have marks removed. lol. Lastly, we shouldn't need to rely on you to help us out although I'm sure everyone appreciates it.
    Well said. I can understand why Seidio would want unhappy customers to stop posting in public forums and email them directly, but that's obviously not going to happen.

Customer service that's poor enough to cause people to post online after exhausting the normal CS channels needs to be kept in the open.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast