Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    I did the conversion. Noticed that now when ever my phone resets the radio doesn't turn itself back on like before. Before the conversion, what ever radio state before a reset is the same after reset. Anyone with this issue? Thanks. If not can anyone recommend a 3rd party app that will turn the radio on after resets? Thanks
    Phone Technician from HobbyistSoftware and Chatter E-mail both have options to turn the phone on after a reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by elistone View Post
    Well, long story but I replaced the Treo in question. sorry I did not do more homework. I obviously need to read more and ask questions BEFORE I do anything.
    Thanks for your help and especially for providing ways for others like myself to enjoy our Treos
    Its just my memory is not that good to retype a solution everytime a question/problem is brought up and filling up the forums with my run on sentences. (I do not have good command in english sorry) but I guess eventually someone will write a PDF file that is more understandable, but using my idea.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    No chance of this running on a 650, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaloutsider View Post
    No chance of this running on a 650, huh?
    I don't think it would work, 650 uses the Zipped/boot.conf format, while 700/755 uses the ROM (like tungsten T/T2/Clies?) format
    As a last ditch effort to avoid throwing my 700p against the wall, I decided to give the new 755p ROM a test drive. So far, all is much better. Thanks to kocoman and lovedatreo for their hard work. It is sad Palm still does not appreciate this community the way they should.
    I am so much happier with my 700p since the conversion to 755p. THANKS!!

Also, did we come up with a hybrid name?
    I just installed the update today and am testing it now. It does appear to operate quite faster, and in the case of low signal situations where the tower indicator disappears and comes back on, the delay has been minimized, and in fact seems to be very close to what my Centro does. It in no case has made "beep-beep-boop" or any sounds when going in and out of coverage.

As for the overall speed, I seem to notice that it is still a bit slower overall than my Centro. Perhaps the Centro has some hardware or other improvements to it.

Bluetooth - well the jury's still out. I am using a Motorola H300 (rev. B) and it did disconnect a couple times, but it seems to have been a bad battery. Since I swapped the battery in the H300, all has been well, but still only a few hours have gone by.

The "fuzzy pixel" problem is still there, though. And when I do an Info from the phone app, it still says I'm on Sprint 1.10. But that was expected.

Thanks to user LOVEDATREO for packaging up the firmware for us. It worked like a charm, all in about 10 minutes.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalOverlord View Post
    Also, did we come up with a hybrid name?
    How about the 756PoS...because really, it still is by smartphone standards...

Mine does work A LOT better after the conversion though. A lot better. I've manually reloaded a bunch of my favorite apps and still have 86% free on my new 756PoS!!!

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I want to do this with my Sprint 700p but how does Sprint's SERO program work when the 2 year contract is up? Do I need to trade in the phone to get a discount on my next phone or is it just a discount by itself? How about if the phone needs warranty service? Can I revert back to a 700p ROM?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    I want to do this with my Sprint 700p but how does Sprint's SERO program work when the 2 year contract is up? Do I need to trade in the phone to get a discount on my next phone or is it just a discount by itself? How about if the phone needs warranty service? Can I revert back to a 700p ROM?
    I've posted REVERT roms via rapidshare, it has helped some people (2 in this thread) who had bluetooth problems after updating to 755p.

As to the warranty, I don't know about Sprint. but for Telus, if you return your device and pay $150 (even after warranty, they will replace your device with a used=refurbish one). It does not sound good if you already paid $200 for your phone in the first place, but its good if the warranty was over and you still like the Treo as replacment.
    Have anybody tried this update from sprint 1.08-SPNT directly? One person in this thread mentioned that he had to update to 1.10 first in order for it to work.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Thanks to LOVEDATREO and KOCOMAN for busting out a great upgrade for our "abandoned by Palm" 700p's!

Upgraded from Sprint 700p 1.10 without a hitch. Make sure you hard reset first. Then, I selectively restored using BackupBuddy (get Saved/Unsaved Preferences!). Sprint PCS BizConn works the same way as on 755p -- install all apps with creator ID SEVN except bizconn.prc, then install Sprint Mobile Email. It should keep your 700p 1.10's BizConn settings. Java, Opera, DateBk5, and all my games work like they did before. No more annoying DMTF tones. Blazer has not randomly reset my phone like it used it. Bluetooth to Jabra BT250 and BT HotSync work fine.

All in all, this is new life for my 700p! It still kicks the 755p's **** thanks to full-size SD card support (handy for e-mailing digicam pics while on the road) and a bigger battery!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    So is there a significant upgrade for this rom? I am just wondering this because the current 1.10 rom for my 700p works ok. Wondering if its worth the risk. What is new in this rom anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwoo View Post
    So is there a significant upgrade for this rom? I am just wondering this because the current 1.10 rom for my 700p works ok. Wondering if its worth the risk. What is new in this rom anyways?
    I know it is hard to think like this.. but your answer to "What is new in this rom " was answered in the 755p forum, 1.07 upgrade thread.

As to risks, there are 2 failures due to aborting (there is no "Progress bars/ETA" when upgrading, read through this thread. (they recovered through insurance) Also there is a BT not working at all by 2 people (they recovered by reverting back to 700p)

Again, I do not have many palms to test it on, all the replies here are their results, please take time to read through them or don't do the upgrade. it is NOT recommenced officially by Palm so its ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK

I won't be able to spend much more time trying to provide tech support here. (since I never got any Palm from anyone for research and I am trying to change ESN, get HDR and MIP password for the Novatel U720 and Mogul.)
    Quote Originally Posted by edoan View Post
    Thanks to LOVEDATREO and KOCOMAN for busting out a great upgrade for our "abandoned by Palm" 700p's!

All in all, this is new life for my 700p! It still kicks the 755p's **** thanks to full-size SD card support (handy for e-mailing digicam pics while on the road) and a bigger battery!
    Agreed, thats what I like about the 700p too, and also its antenna, I can use it to pull off the protection case when I need to use the keyboard.

The thing I hate is the palm's case is slippery unlike the 755p. I wish there was some way to change that.
    Okay. How do I get the zip file onto a SD card. The only SD Card I have is on my treo.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    Do I put this on the SD card through Card Export II and the reinstall into the treo. When I do I don't see the palm updater. Although it appears when I navigate to the card through my desktop.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post

Again, I do not have many palms to test it on, all the replies here are their results, please take time to read through them or don't do the upgrade. it is NOT recommenced officially by Palm so its ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK

I won't be able to spend much more time trying to provide tech support here. (since I never got any Palm from anyone for research and I am trying to change ESN, get HDR and MIP password for the Novatel U720 and Mogul.)
    Kocoman,

Thank you for your time and efforts on this. I too am hoping this breathes new life to my 700P and may keep me hanging on for a few months longer (given my contract is up in two months, I was looking for a new device).

Also, you've mentioned that it would be beneficial to have a few Palms to test and that you've been unsuccessful in having anyone send some. I know you've put this up for free, but have you thought of a short/simply paypal donation button for some to show their appreciation? You may be able to collect enough that way to get the devices you need to attempt more hacks (ie. Centro --> 700, etc)
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I went to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VPMGAJGF. It listed the file, but I couldn't download it. How do I download the file?
    Last edited by musicmann51; 03/14/2008 at 06:32 AM.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast