Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    does anyone know what Palm OS file contains your device name?
    I assume you're talking about the HotSync ID. I don't know the file, but you can use the freeware program ChangeName to set it to what you need. You might need to do a full restore of your old data, use ChangeName to learn what you need to set your info to (particularly the UserID), then hard reset and do a full restore back to your new (without device name) data, and finally, use ChangeName to tweak it back into shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    I assume you're talking about the HotSync ID. I don't know the file, but you can use the freeware program ChangeName to set it to what you need. You might need to do a full restore of your old data, use ChangeName to learn what you need to set your info to (particularly the UserID), then hard reset and do a full restore back to your new (without device name) data, and finally, use ChangeName to tweak it back into shape.
    TC600,

That is a GREAT idea that I had forgotten about. I used it in the past when I had the Treo 600 and was trying to sync to more than one platform.

Regards,

Jim
    Will or can some one explain to me if the "phone info" should show software 700p or 755p, the only thread i have found on it i don't understand. thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by dlboyd41 View Post
    Will or can some one explain to me if the "phone info" should show software 700p or 755p, the only thread i have found on it i don't understand. thank you
    My converted 700p still says 700p, not 755p.
    garinballbarin
    Has anyone tried this on Verizon yet? I understand that it's probably possible, I just want to hear from someone who actually ran this conversion on a Verizon 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamizuno View Post
    http://djforum.free.fr/smileysmileys...ley.com.54.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by kamizuno View Post
    Even after this update, it will always show 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDaven View Post
    Has anyone tried this on Verizon yet? I understand that it's probably possible, I just want to hear from someone who actually ran this conversion on a Verizon 700P.
    Anyone?

I'm in the same boat....

Jack
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Yes Verizon???
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    Yes Verizon???
    I've reply in the other thread.

Verizon should work too unless you have something that is only specific to verizon.

If something does not work out you can reflash (get my REVERT package somewhere in the threads) to flash back 1.10MR Verizon (I do not have older Verizon roms since no one make a r2sd backup when I requested to make an archive in the past.)

Can we merge the thread? its tiring to reply back and fourth
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    ok.... I flashed the new update on to my VZW 700P and it appears to be working. The only issue is that the splash screen and icons are now all Sprint. Any way to resolve this or do I have a hybrid VZW/Sprint phone now?

Thanks,
    Jack
    I flashed my 700p with 755 1.04 and 1.07 atleast and reflashed with sprint 700P MR 1.10 / Verizon MR 1.10 Rev1 for atleast 10 times.

I revert back to Sprint MR 1.10 because none of other ROM supports delivery acknowledgment of SMS and I need it because I use SMS for important instructions to my people and delivery report keeps me aware about instruction reached to them

FOr those whom this update do not work is because they are making mistake not the one who found out the ways.

FOr those who are interested in enabling SMS delivery acknowledgment please let me know. It seems I my back up of phone preference some how enables delivery acknowledgment by default. Though there is no option visible any where.
    Okay i have done two new things
    1 i have actually signed up and posted on a website.
    2 i did the update on one of my treo 700p..looks great
    on the other though i thought it was frozen so i restarted it in mid "flash"
    It now just blinks on and off when i put a battery in it!!!
    Can anyone help a hopeless newbie ??
    I took the battery out and just set it on the desk for now...
    Last edited by elistone; 02/24/2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: more info
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinjack View Post
    ok.... I flashed the new update on to my VZW 700P and it appears to be working. The only issue is that the splash screen and icons are now all Sprint. Any way to resolve this or do I have a hybrid VZW/Sprint phone now?

Thanks,
    Jack
    Its not really hybird, because ie: Sprint TV won't work because the data connection created would not detect you have a "Sprint IP address". Until custom ROMS come out then it can be fixed. If you don't mind those then its a great addon. or wait (and revert) for the 755p MR for Verizon if you still need Verizon based apps...

Hmm, the splash screen from where? when you turn on/off the phone? that picture is suspose to be stored in the CC-CAP. (the CC-CAP is not stored in the rom update, you can extract it in the r2sd backup, its near after the rom section as a 'PK' Zipped file.

I flashed my 700p with 755 1.04 and 1.07 atleast and reflashed with sprint 700P MR 1.10 / Verizon MR 1.10 Rev1 for atleast 10 times.

I revert back to Sprint MR 1.10 because none of other ROM supports delivery acknowledgment of SMS and I need it because I use SMS for important instructions to my people and delivery report keeps me aware about instruction reached to them

FOr those whom this update do not work is because they are making mistake not the one who found out the ways.

FOr those who are interested in enabling SMS delivery acknowledgment please let me know. It seems I my back up of phone preference some how enables delivery acknowledgment by default. Though there is no option visible any where.
    I think it's just a one byte patch to the program?.. ie: if you look into the "Prefs, Network, Options, Prefs", for Verizon there is 3 checkmarks boxes, while for Sprint there are 2 checkmark boxes) If someone can find out a way to show the 'hidden' last checkmark box.. etc.. (by disassembling with IDA etc)

Okay i have done two new things
    1 i have actually signed up and posted on a website.
    2 i did the update on one of my treo 700p..looks great
    on the other though i thought it was frozen so i restarted it in mid "flash"
    It now just blinks on and off when i put a battery in it!!!
    Can anyone help a hopeless newbie ??
    I took the battery out and just set it on the desk for now...
    The palm is not frozen... please take time to read through the threads before flashing. Considering how much you paid for your Palm, times the wage you make... would it be better to take some time to read through ***ALL*** the success/failures/opinions before trying...? (It would have saved you time and money in the end... ) anyway I posted this thread before below about it

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=353
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    i am a bit overwelmed
    i dont seem to understand how to get my phone from loopingand flashing..if i could get it to hard reset then i could start over, like i said the other one did perfect, i just got nervous on th efirst one and reset it cause i thought it wasnt working, now it just loops...
    sorry for the trouble i am causing
    when i put the battery in and reset it i get to the point were i can erase all data etc, i then use the up or even the down botton and it just starts looping
    Well, long story but I replaced the Treo in question. sorry I did not do more homework. I obviously need to read more and ask questions BEFORE I do anything.
    Thanks for your help and especially for providing ways for others like myself to enjoy our Treos
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I backed up my 700p using NVBackup, copied the contents of my SD card to my computer, reformatted my SD card, copies Kocoman's files (thank you very much) and am running the update.

Hopefully all will go well. I will post an update.
    Motorola StarTAC and Palm Vx => Treo 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 727.5 (thanks to kocoman)
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Well, the update worked smoothly, with no apparent problems.

THANK YOU KOCOMAN!

I reformatted my SD card and am now waiting (and waiting) for the files to be copied from my computer.

I have 2 questions:

(1) should I use NVBackup to reinstall all my old programs, settings, etc. or should I create a new user name and reinstall my non-Rom applications (Chatter, City Time, etc.)?

(2) Has anyone created an avatar for the Treo 727.5?
    Motorola StarTAC and Palm Vx => Treo 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 727.5 (thanks to kocoman)
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
    Well, the update worked smoothly, with no apparent problems.

THANK YOU KOCOMAN!

I reformatted my SD card and am now waiting (and waiting) for the files to be copied from my computer.

I have 2 questions:

(1) should I use NVBackup to reinstall all my old programs, settings, etc. or should I create a new user name and reinstall my non-Rom applications (Chatter, City Time, etc.)?

(2) Has anyone created an avatar for the Treo 727.5?
    Yes use nvbackup it worked. The only problem I had was with sprint mobile email shortcut I had to re-create it and voila everything worked great!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast