Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    This is a very good point regarding prl updates anybody know the answer?

For those who've already upgraded, can you try doing a PRL update and let us know your results? Please jot down your old PRL version first found in the phone application, under Options, then in Phone Info. Then after the PRL update, see if the "PRL Rev" changed/upgraded.

My non-converted 700P PRL Rev is 20229.

Also, isn't there a newer 755P software version? 1.07 according to this http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=160192 ???

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    For those who've already upgraded, can you try doing a PRL update and let us know your results? Please jot down your old PRL version first found in the phone application, under Options, then in Phone Info. Then after the PRL update, see if the "PRL Rev" changed/upgraded.

My non-converted 700P PRL Rev is 20229.

Also, isn't there a newer 755P software version? 1.07 according to this http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=160192 ???

Thanks!

I would but I just updated mine a few days before loading the 755p rom. FYI: The update put me at 20230.
    This guy's got a genuine 755p. He recently upgraded to the 1.07 software version and he's got PRL Rev 60611 on his 755p: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...45#post1408945

So I wonder now if you do another PRL update, whether your 20230 will be updated to 60611 or will it remain the same??? I guess we need someone who's got an older PRL than 20230 to do a PRL update whether it will go to 20230 or 60611.

Thanks again!
    my converted 700p went from 20227 before upgrading to 20230 after the 755 upgrade, so the prl update uses the same PRL as the 700p does before the change. No apparent problems as far as I can see, my phone receives and sends call as before
    garinballbarin
    This guy's got a genuine 755p. He recently upgraded to the 1.07 software version and he's got PRL Rev 60611 on his 755p: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...45#post1408945

So I wonder now if you do another PRL update, whether your 20230 will be updated to 60611 or will it remain the same??? I guess we need someone who's got an older PRL than 20230 to do a PRL update whether it will go to 20230 or 60611.

Thanks again!
    I tried *2 and it did not update my PRL. I can e-mail support to have my account flagged for an update, but I just did and I don't want to raise suspicion and get a "Bad Customer" letter.

What is the difference between the 20xxx and the 60xxx PRL's?

Also, what name should we give our new hybrids? The Treo 727.5p?
    On the question if the 755p update broke SAG, it did. They are working on it and there was a beta some people had success with. In short, remote control functionality was lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ View Post
    Kamizuno,

Well, I deleted the three Bluetooth files and the top three of the list of four other files and still it crashes. I guess I will have to do an application by application restore and let you know what I find.

Regards,

Jim
    All,

Still NO luck with BT. I have used Resco Backup Pro to restore, done selective restore and still when I got to Bluetooth it soft resets. Clearly BT works without the restore so my suspicion is something from the restore corrupting the bluetooth. I have omitted all the BT files I could find with the restore and as well the files that Kamizuno suggested. Kocoman, can you offer any suggestions. I am about ready to reflash to the previous version as I saved my SD card from previous. I would take any and all suggestions.

Regards,

Jim.
    I followed the directions, with one addition: After backup and hotsync, I did a hard reset to wipe the machine *before* trying the upgrade.

Upgrade worked fine, and I've added all the applications (and data, including phone logs, messaging, Word and Excel files, etc.) back to the machine, with no problems. Getting e-mail, calendar, and contacts to sync (using MS Outlook and Exchange server, EAS push) was not particularly fun or easy, but it never is after any kind of major upgrade or reset. One annoying outcome: my contacts on Exchange were duplicated. I assume all phone contacts were copied to Exchange. I should point out this is not the first time this has happened, and isnít a flaw with the upgrade. My calendar was not duplicated (thatís happened before, nearly causing my assistant apoplexy).

Haven't paired the phone with my in-car bluetooth phone system (Lexus RX300), and I'll write back with problems, if any.

The phone is NOTICEABLY faster. I mean **MUCH** faster. Over-air sync with exchange server is much faster, application switch is faster, and applications run faster. My applications all seemed to transfer and work (Butler, Phone Technician, Google Maps, Docs to Go, OnDemand, LightWav, zLauncher). My 8G card works like a charm.

I haven't tried the system out on PowerVision network (I'm in a "regular vision" area)...I hope that's faster also. Using the web, mobile.yahoo.com is much snappier and I see mail retrieval happening faster.

It's too soon to tell about battery life, but just about anything has to be an improvement over the past few weeks when Iíve been using a battery a day with only moderate voice use.

So, if youíre nervous about turning your 700p (Sprint) to a 755, I have two words: DO IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimfun View Post
    I followed the directions, with one addition: After backup and hotsync, I did a hard reset to wipe the machine *before* trying the upgrade.

Upgrade worked fine, and I've added all the applications (and data, including phone logs, messaging, Word and Excel files, etc.) back to the machine, with no problems. Getting e-mail, calendar, and contacts to sync (using MS Outlook and Exchange server, EAS push) was not particularly fun or easy, but it never is after any kind of major upgrade or reset. One annoying outcome: my contacts on Exchange were duplicated. I assume all phone contacts were copied to Exchange. I should point out this is not the first time this has happened, and isn’t a flaw with the upgrade. My calendar was not duplicated (that’s happened before, nearly causing my assistant apoplexy).

Haven't paired the phone with my in-car bluetooth phone system (Lexus RX300), and I'll write back with problems, if any.

The phone is NOTICEABLY faster. I mean **MUCH** faster. Over-air sync with exchange server is much faster, application switch is faster, and applications run faster. My applications all seemed to transfer and work (Butler, Phone Technician, Google Maps, Docs to Go, OnDemand, LightWav, zLauncher). My 8G card works like a charm.

I haven't tried the system out on PowerVision network (I'm in a "regular vision" area)...I hope that's faster also. Using the web, mobile.yahoo.com is much snappier and I see mail retrieval happening faster.

It's too soon to tell about battery life, but just about anything has to be an improvement over the past few weeks when I’ve been using a battery a day with only moderate voice use.

So, if you’re nervous about turning your 700p (Sprint) to a 755, I have two words: DO IT.
    I did the same and recommend it!

1. Backup (I used NVbackup)
    2. Hard Reset
    3. Update to 755p ROM.
    4. Restore. (I restored from a card before syncing.)

Everything is working great! PowerVision works great too!

Do it! Its worth it!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalOverlord View Post
    I did the same and recommend it!

1. Backup (I used NVbackup)
    2. Hard Reset
    3. Update to 755p ROM.
    4. Restore. (I restored from a card before syncing.)

Everything is working great! PowerVision works great too!

Do it! Its worth it!
    So tempted but afraid. So your device is pretty much a 755 wil 700p appz work on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    So tempted but afraid. So your device is pretty much a 755 wil 700p appz work on it?
    Its the same OS just a more stable build. So in short yes your 700p apps will work. The only issue is apps that have an issue with the 1.07 755p update and I have only heard of one. All of my apps still work great!
    As to PRL questions. I've only glanced through the messages because I am not in USA.

If you use the CDMAUpdater.prc (and enUS file), froma 755p package, copy it to RAM, and run it, go to DEBUG pull down menu, and DEBUG, de/unselect everything expect "update PRL'. the version would be in the 6xxx or 7xxxx's (sorry I am not really reading the threads above). I have not update PRL myself because its no use for Bell/Telus using a Sprint PRL.

If you get the CDMAupdater from a 700p Sprint package, you would get the Sprint 2xxxx PRL

If you get the CDMAUpdater from a 700p Verizon package you would get the 5xxxx PRL.

If you want your own special PRL, ie: Alltel, Telus, Bell... there is a howto at the mobile files dot com forum thread (it started out as changing ESN... then it went off topic into changing PRL)
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ View Post
    All,

Still NO luck with BT. I have used Resco Backup Pro to restore, done selective restore and still when I got to Bluetooth it soft resets. Clearly BT works without the restore so my suspicion is something from the restore corrupting the bluetooth. I have omitted all the BT files I could find with the restore and as well the files that Kamizuno suggested. Kocoman, can you offer any suggestions. I am about ready to reflash to the previous version as I saved my SD card from previous. I would take any and all suggestions.

Regards,

Jim.
    One thing I did for BT(I saw it mentioned in another note).... I went to Bluetooth/setup devices/trusted devices and all my previously paired contraptions were listed by MAC and not by name, so I deleted them all and repaired.

I didn't have any problems with BT after a full restore. Don't know if this is why, but it might make a difference.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken View Post
    One thing I did for BT(I saw it mentioned in another note).... I went to Bluetooth/setup devices/trusted devices and all my previously paired contraptions were listed by MAC and not by name, so I deleted them all and repaired.

I didn't have any problems with BT after a full restore. Don't know if this is why, but it might make a difference.
    Meinken,

Thank you for your input. My problem is that the ROM is updated with no problem BUT when I try to go to BT in the Launcher, the phone does a soft reset every single time. I cannot even get the the configuration screen to setup trusted devices. Tomorrow I am going to reflash back to the old ROM and give up on this. I have wasted literally hours trying to sort this out. It is cleary something in the system files from the previous version that is conflicting. When I use Resco Backup Pro and exclude system files BT works BUT I loose functionality of many of my medical e-books. I have gone file by file and cannot find the problem.

Regards,

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    Here's several ways you can tell if the upgrade worked:

There are now little arrows that show up on SMS messages.

If you dial *2, a new message "Press space bar for phone info" appears at the bottom of the screen.

The version of the video player in the Sprint TV application is now 1.0.4.
    Also shortly after the ventura upgrade, I started getting this (as did another poster):

System Manager.c, Line 6919 Sys Link Stub() failed to load the string.

I ended up doing another hard reset and reflashing my 700p with the official Sprint 1.10 ROM updater. Restored from backup and everything is back the way it was before I tried the ventura upgrade. I might try again sometime, but now I am wary of what it does.

Thanks again!

My PRL stayed the same at 20229.... weird. But it sure is more stable!!!

Thanks!!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    I too did the upgrade following the instructions (backup to SD card, hard reset, firmware from clean SD card, selective restore from SD card). Everything looks great, and yes, it's noticeably faster! I'm one happy camper here!
    Upgrade complete.

Started with Sprint Treo 700p showing Treo700p-1.10-SPNT, PRL 20227.
    Backed up using BackupBuddyVFS Personal 4.1 on an SD card.
    Hard Reset.
    Ran the upgrade per the instructions on this thread.
    I got the upgraded software (Google Maps, new Messaging, Bejeweled!, etc.).
    Still showing Treo700p-1.10-SPNT, PRL 20227. I'm not sure if this is right or not, but everything seems to work.
    Restored from SD card.

All seems well. Phone seems faster. Bluetooth seems more stable. All my programs work. Tethered via Bluetooth with PDAnet. Outlook and Versamail are talking to each other via Mergic VPN.

Is it necessary (and/or possible) to do the Palm.com Treo 755p 1.04 update, shown here -- http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...te/sprint.html ?

Big thanks to kokoman and lovedatreo for this cool hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by F14Scott View Post
    Upgrade complete.

Started with Sprint Treo 700p showing Treo700p-1.10-SPNT, PRL 20227.
    Backed up using BackupBuddyVFS Personal 4.1 on an SD card.
    Hard Reset.
    Ran the upgrade per the instructions on this thread.
    I got the upgraded software (Google Maps, new Messaging, Bejeweled!, etc.).
    Still showing Treo700p-1.10-SPNT, PRL 20227. I'm not sure if this is right or not, but everything seems to work.
    Restored from SD card.

All seems well. Phone seems faster. Bluetooth seems more stable. All my programs work. Tethered via Bluetooth with PDAnet. Outlook and Versamail are talking to each other via Mergic VPN.

Is it necessary (and/or possible) to do the Palm.com Treo 755p 1.04 update, shown here -- http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...te/sprint.html ?

Big thanks to kokoman and lovedatreo for this cool hack.
    That is the 1.07 upgrade. nobody has 1.04
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    Also shortly after the ventura upgrade, I started getting this (as did another poster):

System Manager.c, Line 6919 Sys Link Stub() failed to load the string.

I ended up doing another hard reset and reflashing my 700p with the official Sprint 1.10 ROM updater. Restored from backup and everything is back the way it was before I tried the ventura upgrade. I might try again sometime, but now I am wary of what it does.
    SilvrDrgn,

Thank you so much for posting this. I thought I had done something wrong. I have tried multiple ways to restore and had saved several SD card backups to go back to. When I do the upgrade all goes well and I can tap on the BT icon in the Launcher or on the top of the phone screen and see the usual BT configuration page. After the restore with my backup, every time I try to tap the BT icon as above the phone resets and the error I find is as you reported here. I have no idea what the problem is but I am reverting back as we speak(write) I had unreliable BT before but this upgrade leaves me with NO BT and I live in a state where driving and conversing without a headset is illegal, so this is not an option. I hate wired headsets but better than a traffic violation.

Regards,

Jim
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast