Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    How does this work? Any faster or better that Sprint MR 1.10??

So, I've not seen any kind of list of what this gets you. Do they have built in A2DP support? Better Dialer app? What are the major updates that makes this worth doing?

Thanks for the all the work, I just want to see if it's worth it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    So, I've not seen any kind of list of what this gets you. Do they have built in A2DP support? Better Dialer app? What are the major updates that makes this worth doing?

Thanks for the all the work, I just want to see if it's worth it for me.
    There really hasnt been anything official as to what it changes. No on A2DP. No changes to dialer. Only thing that Ive seen that has been consistantly reported is its a bit snappier. Less lag. Improved BT is based on individuals. Im in the same boat you are. Im hangin loose for another week or so to see what comes of it.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    There really hasnt been anything official as to what it changes. No on A2DP. No changes to dialer. Only thing that Ive seen that has been consistantly reported is its a bit snappier. Less lag. Improved BT is based on individuals. Im in the same boat you are. Im hangin loose for another week or so to see what comes of it.
    TThe annoying DTM tone introduced in the MR is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    TThe annoying DTM tone introduced in the MR is gone.
    Is the fuzziness (orange/red shadow) of text on the main screens gone as well? That might make it worth it.
    I did a hard reset before running this update to be sure my Sprint Treo 700p would have enough RAM to do it. Then I went through the motions of installing this via the instructions in the first post of this thread and other suggestions in the thread later. However, it does not appear to have worked even though everything proceeded as planned, the updater app showed "vent" and "dvt" like it was supposed to (in the first post they are upper-case, but my Treo showed them in lower-case), I got no errors, and my Treo rebooted as expected at the end of the operation. The "Phone Info" screen still shows "Treo700p-1.10-SPNT" in the Software field. Plus, I still have the annoying extra DTMF tone when a system alert pops up. The only thing different I noticed is a slightly different startup page after a soft reset. As such, I don't think this updater worked. Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by SilvrDrgn; 02/08/2008 at 08:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    Is the fuzziness (orange/red shadow) of text on the main screens gone as well? That might make it worth it.
    I had my 700p replaced at a Sprint store due to the fuzzy text issue, no questions asked. Perhaps that is a way to a 755, as often 700's are replaced with 755's.
    I applied the Sprint 1.10 update to the new one, and the fuzzy text didn't re-appear.
    After applying the 755 update to my current 700p, no more DTMF, (the best aspect of the update, that was driving me batty!)and it is faster. I like the changes to the sms signaling a sent/received message. The update seems worthwhile, but the changes arent profound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    I had my 700p replaced at a Sprint store due to the fuzzy text issue, no questions asked. Perhaps that is a way to a 755, as often 700's are replaced with 755's.
    Yea, I tried that so many times but the Sprint store I frequent is so stingy...they always told me "no" to swap-out to a 755.
    I like the changes to the sms signaling a sent/received message. The update seems worthwhile, but the changes arent profound.
    Agree as well

After applying the 755 update to my current 700p, no more DTMF, (the best aspect of the update, that was driving me batty!)and it is faster.
    I 'soooo' agree. It was worth it just for that.
    I took the plunge in this. hard reset, romflash, then restore with nvbackup... less than 10 minutes total. looks ok so far. I haven't tried sag bt stereo yet though- which was great before I did this. that's the only rmaining worry.
    Anybody get an "easy" version working for Verizon yet? Or any version for that matter?
    Last edited by TJSunDevil; 02/08/2008 at 11:46 AM.
    Worked for me! Kudos and thanks to all involved in making this work!

NVBackup worked great! My Bluetooth headset worked right away after the restore and the connection time seems better! The OS feels snapper, less delay!

One thing: when I look at info about the phone it still shows "Treo700p-1.10-SPNT"

Is that correct or should it list as a 755?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm if Sprint's Business Connection Personal Edition works after the update? Thx!!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Worked for me no issue. The "make sure you use a CLEAN SD card" is required - as I just moved some files on mine, and it didn't cut it. Things seem to be working well - I don't know if it's actually any snappier or not - but I guess time will tell. So far so good (To get rid of the DTMF tones is good enough!)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm still running my 700p off the 1.08 version of the software.

Do I need to update to 1.10 MR before running this "conversion" to 755?
    ^No.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffois View Post
    I'm still running my 700p off the 1.08 version of the software.

Do I need to update to 1.10 MR before running this "conversion" to 755?
    After the ventura 755p upgrade, your version string will still say 1.08. The Palm Updater changes the string. I have not discover how the string is changed with IDA. its a bit diffuclt because it has the old 68k stub that I have to bypass and go into the ARM code.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Hey, just noticed that after applying the update, there's a few more ringtones in the library.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm getting an error that says:

FirmwareROM Mismatch
    The software update failed to complete.
    Please go to the Support Downloads page at www.palm.com to perform the software update again or visite your nearest Sprint store for assistance.

How screwed am I, exactly? I've tried hard resetting again, I've tried taking out the battery, nothing is bringing the phone portion back to life here. What might correct this? Or how can I get back to 1.08? HELP???!!????
    Jeff,

Do you still have access to the palmos ? If so, flash your phone with the sprint 1.10 firmware. After that, you should be able to use the 755 rom.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    That did it!

I picked up this tip at mytreo.net, but thanks for the confirmation.

About to sync everything back using Missing Sync (I'm a Mac kind of guy).

We'll see how that works out...

-Jeff
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    It's done!!! Thanks all!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast