Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I'm so apprehensive in using this, what are the benefits? Does it make your device faster, lesss lag, resets?

For me the only issue I've had is the Bluebooth pairing, does it resolve this?
    What program are you guys using to do the restore after the conversion? The regular Palm sync or something else? I have Backup Buddy VFS and after a clean Treo install it wont let me restore on a file-by-file basis, it just makes me dump EVERYTHING back onto the treo in one fell swoop (which usually causes resets). I'm looking for something else to backup with before I attempt this conversion...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    The 'Advanced' selection in the drop down menu let's me do file by file restore . . . .
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    What program are you guys using to do the restore after the conversion? The regular Palm sync or something else? I have Backup Buddy VFS and after a clean Treo install it wont let me restore on a file-by-file basis, it just makes me dump EVERYTHING back onto the treo in one fell swoop (which usually causes resets). I'm looking for something else to backup with before I attempt this conversion...
    NVBackup works like a charm and you can do either a file-by-file restore or a complete restore. I was able to do a complete restore on my updated 700p - only my bluetooth device cache needed to be deleted and devices repaired.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I use Resco. File by file, application by application, or complete restore. Works great...
    I did a full restore using NV backup and all settings and programs restored completely. Definitely snappier. Many thanks to those who made this possible!
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Yes, someone please confirm tethered mode hack still works and Im in....
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    I never upgraded to the 1.1 so I'm tempted. I'm game as long as my tethered hack will still work!! Can anyone confirm?

p.s. to be safe, the steps for a hard reset are what again?
    Hard reset: hold down the red power button while you press the reset button in the back; let go of the power button when you see the ACCESS logo screen and you'll be presented with a screen that asks "Erase all data?", where pressing UP on the 5-way is Yes and DOWN on the 5-way is No.

Tether Hack: It was part of my complete restore, and I'm currently online on my laptop via Bluetooth DUN through my 700p. Since it's the beginning of the month, there's no way for me to comment about whether or not it will show up on my bill, but it never has before. I really don't use it very much though. If it won't let you online without the hack, then I'd say it's working just fine, but I never tried it out without having made sure that the hack file was already on my phone. Also, I did just receive a call and it doesn't seem to have interrupted my connection at all. I wasn't actively surfing while on the call, but as soon as I hung up I did load up another page and it didn't have to reconnect. YMMV.

Speed tests:
    Speakeasy.net (NYC): 202 kbps down/107 kbps up
    Speedtest.net (NYC): 273 kbps down/116 kbps up
    DSLReports.com Flash (Miami): 137 kbps/118 kbps up
    Quote Originally Posted by webmeister View Post
    I did a full restore using NV backup and all settings and programs restored completely. Definitely snappier. Many thanks to those who made this possible!
    Kudos from me as well. Worked fine here. I even installed the new Centro version of Versamail (v4, build 77) that is known to work on the Treo 755!

I restored my custom apps one at a time so as not to create RAM versions of tools that may be newer on the 755 ROM. (One exception is Google Maps however).

Stuart.
    Thanks for the responses guys... I know of the advance option in BackupBuddy, but when you have a fresh treo, it wont let you go into advanced at all. When I click the icon it just says you have never restored would you like to restore 500+ files? You say no, it exits back to the home menu and if you say yes, it dumps everything on there. So now I have downloaded and backed up using NVBackup. So lets see if that works for me.

I surely want to try this 755update on my 700 but I have one last question... Will Sprint know that we upgraded using a firmware from another type of phone? Especially for those of us who are power vision users? I know when surfing through the phone there is some sort of identifying code that tells them what kind of phone your using...

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I use BackupMan and it does offer individual file restore. I recently used it to recover a favorite ringtone from an old backup.
    Try loading Backup Buddy onto the fresh device from your desk top . . . . .then put the SD card in and try the Advanced selective restore.. . . . . .
    Alright, last night I ran this on my Sprint 700p and restored everything successfully using NVBackup's selective restore. Everything going good so far. I will play with it and post any anomalies.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I had hoped this 'update' would fix the issues i've been having with bluetooth.. unfortunately it hasnt.

However, the update was easy and as far as I can tell worked flawlessly, so kudos!
    Quote Originally Posted by elusiontx View Post
    I had hoped this 'update' would fix the issues i've been having with bluetooth.. unfortunately it hasnt.

However, the update was easy and as far as I can tell worked flawlessly, so kudos!
    Any other noticable differences? Performance?
    So if I apply the 755 update, can I restore my versamail settings and conacts by just using Palm Desktop? Will that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post

Tether Hack: It was part of my complete restore, and I'm currently online on my laptop via Bluetooth DUN through my 700p. Since it's the beginning of the month, there's no way for me to comment about whether or not it will show up on my bill, but it never has before. I really don't use it very much though. If it won't let you online without the hack, then I'd say it's working just fine, but I never tried it out without having made sure that the hack file was already on my phone. Also, I did just receive a call and it doesn't seem to have interrupted my connection at all. I wasn't actively surfing while on the call, but as soon as I hung up I did load up another page and it didn't have to reconnect. YMMV.
    I'm pretty sure without the tethered hack you can't get online... that was my experience, so looks like it works!
    Another successful upgrade. NVBackup snapshot before and a full restore after. Bluetooth pairings need to be redone after upgrade, but that's the only negative. Things are certainly a bit faster now. Thanks all!
    Chalk-up another success...first time using NVBackup too..real convenient.
    So what's up with the "Bluetooth Audio" option in the Bluetooth application? I can change all options in the drop-down boxes except the option to enable 'Audio State'?????
    In the sister thread for the 755p, I noticed several people stated they are having Bluetooth issues.

1) Do any of you 700p users see any Bluetooth issues with the new 755p ROM update installed?

2) If so, did you reinstall your apps after a hard reset, or restore with a backup app?

Just wondering...
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast