Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Thanks-- yea, you're right, no card reader handy. Is there a free version by chance since I'm only using the utility for this one purpose? This is my last go round on my 700p before I brick the thing. I'm hoping the rom update to 755p helps resolve some of the reset issues I've been having.
    brick as in throw away?

I think you'll like it after the 755 rom.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Handzipper Lite is free. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo View Post
    ***NOW FIXED***

ok, here is a more simplified way to convert your treo 700p to a 755. for now this is sprint ONLY!

1) download this zip file:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VPMGAJGF

2) extract this zip to a CLEAN sd card. this should leave you with the following two folders on your sd card:

PALM
    ROM

3) Insert the SD card into your treo and launch the romupdater from your application launcher. it should say "VENT" and "DVT"

4)Type "ventura" (without the quotes) and press enter

thats it, welcome to your new 755

thanks kokoman for figuring this out
    lovedatreo, any chance this could work on converting a 755p to Centro?
    Sweet. Converted my 700p into a 755. did a hard reset pre update then an NVBackup restore. Seems to run a little smoother and most important the DTMF beeping bug is gone!!
    One issue- Bluetooth trusted device list is messed up, how do I delete that file, I get an file open error even when bluetooth is off?
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo View Post
    ***NOW FIXED***

ok, here is a more simplified way to convert your treo 700p to a 755. for now this is sprint ONLY!

1) download this zip file:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VPMGAJGF

2) extract this zip to a CLEAN sd card. this should leave you with the following two folders on your sd card:

PALM
    ROM

3) Insert the SD card into your treo and launch the romupdater from your application launcher. it should say "VENT" and "DVT"

4)Type "ventura" (without the quotes) and press enter

thats it, welcome to your new 755

thanks kokoman for figuring this out
    RE:CONVERSION FILE
    is there another source for the zip file (not in exe format) other than the magaipload site...?..saving everyone the details, I cannot open an exe file nor can I navigate the Megaupload site...thanx in advance for any leads...bfreeman117
    Quote Originally Posted by bfreeman117 View Post
    RE:CONVERSION FILE
    is there another source for the zip file (not in exe format) other than the magaipload site...?..saving everyone the details, I cannot open an exe file nor can I navigate the Megaupload site...thanx in advance for any leads...bfreeman117
    http://rapidshare.com/files/13292504...rsion_rev1.zip
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    theleetbeagle...thanx for the quick reply ...unfortunately I only get an 8.5k file from Rapidshare ...would you be so kind as to check the UL address...greatly appreciated....bfreeman117
    It's correct. Works fine for me.

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/132925049/755pconversion_rev1.zip

^-- that's the full link, replace hxxp with http
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Is there a way of reverting the software back to a 700p after the 755p conversion? This might be important to do befor bringing the phone in for repair at a carrier service center.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    I believe the revert ROM was posted in the other thread: here
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Thanks TJSunDevil, Found it. The specific post with the restore info is here.
    I'm wanting reconvert back to the 700p because this thing keeps loosing it signal and dropping calls all over the place now since I did the 755 conversion. In places it never did before. So I downloaded the revert pack but I'm not really sure what to do with it now. Couldn't find a note in the folder for instructions. Any help with this would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.
    Do a PRL update before you revert. Maybe you're using an old tower list... ?
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle View Post
    Do a PRL update before you revert. Maybe you're using an old tower list... ?
    PRL update.... Is that from the Palm site? I am currently running 1.10-SPNT. Is that what you are referring to? I will try it first though. I'm going to the Palm site now to find out about this PRL update thing. ...... Ok got that figured out. Called sprint and got a PRL update. Still havent figured out what to do with this revert pack yet though.... Any help? TY....... OK I've found the link for it now. Will try it and see if it works. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=160199&page=9
    Last edited by Reeddawgy; 09/13/2008 at 04:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I tried this and now my Treo reboots constantly, doesn't even stay in the PALM logo screen. I can only go into the "Update ROM Image?" and if you don't press up it goes into the bootloader 0.18 screen... Did I brick my Treo?

Unit is a Sprint Treo 700p...
    Quote Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
    I tried this and now my Treo reboots constantly, doesn't even stay in the PALM logo screen. I can only go into the "Update ROM Image?" and if you don't press up it goes into the bootloader 0.18 screen... Did I brick my Treo?

Unit is a Sprint Treo 700p...
    Did you try a warm reset. It helped me once in the same situation. Warm reset switches off the phone radio and thus Phone comes on without the radio and therefore avoids the reboot loop.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Tried it all... It worked on another 700p I have, that's the funny thing... Both SPRINT. I have a bricked one and a good, with 755p 700p...
    I have a 700p telus, got it today and decided to play around with it.
    I installed this "see post #1" in this thread.

Everything went ok, but my phone will NOT turn on now.

When I try to dial a number, the phone asks me "would you like to turn phone on" I select yes.

The I get this error message.

The software update failed to complete.
    Please go to the support downloads page @ palm.com to perform the software update again or visit your nearest Sprint store for assistance.

Can I get the phone back to the way it came?
    My wife will lay the beat down on me if a break another phone.
    oldDurst, the upgrade offered here is for Sprint phones only. That's probably the reason the phone doesn't work.

For myself, the update worked flawlessly. I did everything "by the book". Backed up with Nvbackup, fresh format on the SD card used to install the update, hard reset on the treo wiping everything out and the phone works very very well now. I did the flash from .10 rom.

Anyone who just came into one of these phones or looking to fix problems/give new life to existing 700p should seriously consider doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon213 View Post
    oldDurst, the upgrade offered here is for Sprint phones only. That's probably the reason the phone doesn't work.

For myself, the update worked flawlessly. I did everything "by the book". Backed up with Nvbackup, fresh format on the SD card used to install the update, hard reset on the treo wiping everything out and the phone works very very well now. I did the flash from .10 rom.

Anyone who just came into one of these phones or looking to fix problems/give new life to existing 700p should seriously consider doing this.
    I have to disagree. I bit my tongue and waited a long time to make the plunge. I finally did, the upgrade/sidegrade was flawless. I really see no advantage. Actually, in some instances, I see a downgrade. I rarely saw the white screen, now going to blazer, I see it with a major lag. Had I known what I know now I would never have made the change. I would go back, but fear screwing up my phone. I am waiting, one last chance, for the new Palm OS. If it is not up to the hype, I will be looking for a new phone/PDA platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I have to disagree. I bit my tongue and waited a long time to make the plunge. I finally did, the upgrade/sidegrade was flawless. I really see no advantage. Actually, in some instances, I see a downgrade. I rarely saw the white screen, now going to blazer, I see it with a major lag. Had I known what I know now I would never have made the change. I would go back, but fear screwing up my phone. I am waiting, one last chance, for the new Palm OS. If it is not up to the hype, I will be looking for a new phone/PDA platform.
    Sorry to hear you had problems with it. I just did a side by side comparison with my wife's Centro when launching blazer. Her Centro is brand new, just arrived yesterday. Mine takes a split second longer to get into blazer. Both have very brief white screens, hers says "updating" at the top mine is just blank. It is so brief on mine though, I don't think we're getting the same speed out of it because I honestly did not notice it until I read your post and went back to look for it.

EDIT - I played with this some more, comparison testing throughout all the applications and then went back to blazer. After setting both start pages to the same websites, my phone is actually a split second faster than her centro when all other things are equal, so it would seem what page blazer is set to start can play a role in how long it takes to startup. Not saying that's what's going on on your palm, but it's worth investigating. /end edit

After reading so many different posts and experiences with these things, it's really weird how people get so many different experiences on what should be identical hardware. Maybe that's why they didn't offer this as an official Rom update... some kind of undocumented hardware variance leads to problems on some...

I hope it lives up to the hype too, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just going to ride this phone into the ground and hope something more useful comes along. If that's Palm OS based, so be it. Admittedly, I'd prefer it if it was Palm, but, got to do what's best for ourselves.
    Last edited by gideon213; 12/06/2008 at 11:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon213 View Post

This was the stupidest post I've ever read. I really can't believe someone would kick someone while they're trying to fix their phone.