Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    Oh, and you shouldn't need to dial - it should go to whatever screen after you input ##<code># (or #*#<code># on Verizon)
  2. pez
    ohhhhhhhhhh!!! ...I knew that.

ok, no, I didn't
    Is there a way of reverting the software back to a 700p after the 755p conversion? This might be important to do befor bringing the phone in for repair at a carrier service center.
    I believe the revert ROM was posted in the other thread: here
    Thanks TJSunDevil, Found it. The specific post with the restore info is here.
  6. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Thanks TJSunDevil, Found it. The specific post with the restore info is here.
    ..on a server that isn't unfriendly to people with visual disabilities?

Enter only the letters with the cats - right.....
    Cheers

Charles
    Kocoman...

With news on the front page about an update for the Centro for sprint, do you think you can port out that upgrade to the 700p like you did with this one?

I'm willing to beta test that!
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Kocoman...

With news on the front page about an update for the Centro for sprint, do you think you can port out that upgrade to the 700p like you did with this one?

I'm willing to beta test that!

I have not read much on the centro forums.. I think there are some differences between Centro and 700p/755p.

ie: MEID, but still uses a MSM6500 chipset?
    No bootloader? only diag port? No mtty support
    mini-USB Diag port, no serial?
    Hardware rev = ?

I don't have another 700p/755p to try Centro rom on.
    I don't have the Centro since its not in Canada. but if the chipset is Msm6500 (same as 700p/755p? I would rather go for 800w..)

This is the Centro rom. there are some problems with getting SIP to work (told by othres) (it always forces MIP)

http://rapidshare.com/files/122001207/dump.rar.html

I have not looked in the file yet, will look when I have some time later on.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by oski View Post
    mine is the B version.

After applying the rom update, I have had to hard reset once. It was after I had pressed the close button on doc to go program. It had happened previously as well, even before the 755 rom update.
    Well, as luck would have it I have misplaced my rev. "B" H300. Still using my other rev. "A." I know there is a difference in the duplexing between the two when paired with Treos.

Everything was fine with the factory 1.10 Sprint roms as far as full duplexing on the H300 rev. A. BUT again, I applied the Kokoman 755p update and it killed my full duplexing and it is now half, just as I had experienced with my previous Treo 700p and the Kokoman update. Everything else is better, except that the phone seems to drop more calls with "network faded" issues.

Guess I'm gonna have to push for a 755p now. Or else look harder for the H300 rev.B I lost

A couple other things I've learned since then is that the H300 rev. A behaves identically (half duplex) when paired to my Centro.
    Also the Aliph Jawbone is half-duplex on a 700p with the Kokoman update.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  10. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    ...or at least determined what is causing it? It really kills the BT functionality of the phones....
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by m5james View Post
    Same for me. I got new apps and all, but i dont see any major changes in my phone either. Mine also still says 700p-1.10-SPNT, which is causing me to not be able to install IM since it says i'm not running the right phone for it Also, Versamail, even after the update still sucks....it doesn't work w/ Hotmail. I'm gonna try and re-download SprintMobileEmail since that worked w/ all my accounts
    Quote Originally Posted by defilade View Post
    completed the conversion and I like the speed and new programs that come with the 755 vs the 700p...

when I start "mobile instant messaging" (sprint 700p), it says that I need to download a newer version...

when you install the new version, it gives error, device not compatable...

is there a way to make this work with the new upgrade for the 700p converted to 755's rom phones?

thanks,
    defilade
    Quote Originally Posted by streger View Post
    This is awesome. I wasn't actually looking to flash the phone when I stumbled here. I had searched out the 755 ROMS about 5-6 months back and added to them RAM to boost some functionality.

My only trouble is being unable to use the IM client as mentioned above.
    The icon was there, then you need to download it from sprint.com
    but when you run the IM app is returns "device not supported" box with the text " the application is not authorized to run on this device".

Any ideas on getting past this? Or are others not having this issue?
    If others can use the IM app it might be some remains left over from the previous version that I should not have restored.
    Quote Originally Posted by szelik View Post
    I got this error too after upgrading
    I understand your pain guys. Here is the answer to that question. I wanted it too. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=163474

Thanks for the help. You guys rock
    Great thread. I did the upgrade on my VZW 700P. The entire process took under 10 minutes and ran flawlessly. However, VZW said that they could not reactivate the phone since it was not a "VZW phone" (their quotes). It was on Verizon before the update and now, even though the ESN did not change, VZW told me that the software was not compatible with their network. I successfully reverted to the old 700P software.

Noting that today, VZW has released an update for their 755P, can this procedure be modified for the VZW 700P?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by underway99 View Post
    Great thread. I did the upgrade on my VZW Noting that today, VZW has released an update for their 755P, can this procedure be modified for the VZW 700P?

Thanks
    underway, there are a couple of threads here, and @ least one I started on Mytreo. We are currently trying to enlist kocoman's aid in creating a package for us VZW users.

Currently (and until resolution of the VZW 700p to VZW 755 query) my only posts on Treocentral are about that. So if you click on my name or profile or however it's done here and look at my posts you'll find a lot of people with the same question.
    Anyone get Documents to Go to work? Version in ROM is 8.002. The version I have off the Sprint CD is 8.001. I installed off the CD and both versions are now 8.001, but I get "previous version detected." Any way around this other than buying version 10?

Never mind. I switched from Windows/XP to Mac. I installed 8.003 from my Windows version. I'll just have to sync DTG from my Windows/XP system. Not a big deal or I guess I could pay Dataviz $4.50 to download 8.003 again.
    Last edited by todivefor; 07/12/2008 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Found way around
    lovedatreo: Please edit your first post to say that "Sprint 1.10 firmware must be installed before attempting."

Would have saved others, and myself, some headaches.

Thanks.
    -Nick.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Well I finally took the plunge.

My version is still reading 700p so my IM program wont work. All the other apps did load.

For those of you that had that problem, the software version registering, what did you do?

Did you reflash?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Its reading,

Treo700p-1.10-SPNT
    There is no spoon.
    DOH!!!

Mayyyyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeee if I read the whole freaking post. (I had subscribed when it first came out but obviously didnt pay that close attention)

Sorry to all those who have read my question. Its been answered already.

Anywhoooo so far so good.

I had a couple of issues when I restored some prefs files and my internet wouldnt come up. Oh well. Ive got it all up now.

All thats left is rebuilding all my apps. Dont know if thats fun or frustrating.

Here it goes!

Thanks and big props to kocoman and lovedatreo. Thanks Thanks Thanks!
    There is no spoon.
    Is there a way to move the 755p rom updater files to a blank SD card without the hotsync cord? I've lost mine and emailing the files to myself but I can only attach the zip file. Can you unzip on the phone?
    I take it you don't have an SD reader handy?

There are unzip utilities for Palm, Handzipper being one of them...
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.