Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    Here's several ways you can tell if the upgrade worked:

There are now little arrows that show up on SMS messages.

If you dial *2, a new message "Press space bar for phone info" appears at the bottom of the screen.

The version of the video player in the Sprint TV application is now 1.0.4.
    So if I have version 1.1, it's safe to assume it worked?
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    I'm experiencing the following problems since applying the 755p update onto my 700p:

- Extremely frequent "network signal faded" call drops when in my car. Suspect that tower handoffs are NOT occurring properly.
    I have had that problem since I applied the MR last summer. Sprint was no help.
    I flashed my 700P a few days ago following the directions in this thread. So far it's made a big difference. My Palm is faster, better battery life, stable bluetooth, and no crashes.

Keeping with the Easter season... if you want to resurrect your 700P, I would highly recommend this upgrade.

Thanks to all the smart people in the forum who figure this stuff out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffois View Post
    I'm getting an error that says:

FirmwareROM Mismatch
    The software update failed to complete.
    Please go to the Support Downloads page at www.palm.com to perform the software update again or visite your nearest Sprint store for assistance.

How screwed am I, exactly? I've tried hard resetting again, I've tried taking out the battery, nothing is bringing the phone portion back to life here. What might correct this? Or how can I get back to 1.08? HELP???!!????
    I assume it only happens when you 'turn on the radio' right?
    (at least for me anyways)
    If thats the case then reflash your radio rom with cdmaupdater

Sorry for the late reply I didn't see your message. until now I put a 700wx radio into a 700p and got the above error
    message.

Please reply about the status..
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Hey Kocoman......If Palm ever comes out with an update to the Centro do you think you could do the same thing and make that update available to the 700-755 crowd, or are the centros completely different?
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Hey Kocoman......If Palm ever comes out with an update to the Centro do you think you could do the same thing and make that update available to the 700-755 crowd, or are the centros completely different?
    Someone could do an r2sd dump of their Centro rom and I can take a look. Too bad nobody here do it.. thats why we have to wait for palm...

I also need to know Centro's Modem/radio chipset, if its not M6500C then most likely it will not work, because you won't be able to use the 'radio' part...
    (I think it is not M6500C because of MEID instead of ESN in the Centro)
    someone could dump their Alltel 755p rom so us Alltel folks can't enjoy a "new" Treo too. Anybody got one. There's not an update so far for the Alltel 755p so.....
    Thanks,
    Will
    Instantwill, almost as good as fresh brewed!
    My smartphone's not so smart...
    Moto ST7790I>>Moto T720>>Moto v265>>Moto v710>> Moto e815>>Moto e816(Alltel 05.05.03 Flash)
    Handspring Visor Edge>>Palm Zire 71>> Palm Zire 72>> Palm Treo 650>> Treo 700wx (with threaded sms & mms)>> Treo 700p>> Treo 755p
    Thanks, Kocoman and lovedatreo!
    For anyone interested, I timed it...from 'ventura' to rebooting took about 6 minutes on my treo.

Now to tackle the restoration...

It's definitely faster...I was surfing with Blazer yest., after the hard reset before the conversion, and it feels faster now than yest., so I don't think it's just that it's a 'new' machine with no junk loaded on it. My pet peeve was the lag btwn switching apps, and that's cut down too, although not gone completely.

Thanks again! Kocoman, I only WISH I had a bricked treo to send you! I second the post that suggested you set up a paypal 'tip me' link!
    completed the conversion and I like the speed and new programs that come with the 755 vs the 700p...

when I start "mobile instant messaging" (sprint 700p), it says that I need to download a newer version...

when you install the new version, it gives error, device not compatable...

is there a way to make this work with the new upgrade for the 700p converted to 755's rom phones?

thanks,
    defilade
    I have a Sprint 700p you can play with for a while. Just try and get it back to me in a month or two with the 755p update on it. It's not bricked but I picked it up for cheap so you can do your worst and I won't cry if it you turn it into a paperweight.

email me at hix91@yahoo.com and we can work out delivery
    Quote Originally Posted by HIX View Post
    I have a Sprint 700p you can play with for a while. Just try and get it back to me in a month or two with the 755p update on it. It's not bricked but I picked it up for cheap so you can do your worst and I won't cry if it you turn it into a paperweight.

email me at hix91@yahoo.com and we can work out delivery
    I had some offers similar to yours, but because I live in Canada, customs/brokerage is a hassle. I can only receive stuff from Canada to Canada.

Many people have flashed themselfs successfully, and lovedatreo has posted a better/more understandable howto in this forum too.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m5james View Post
    Mine also still says 700p-1.10-SPNT, which is causing me to not be able to install IM since it says i'm not running the right phone for it
    completed the conversion and I like the speed and new programs that come with the 755 vs the 700p...

when I start "mobile instant messaging" (sprint 700p), it says that I need to download a newer version...

when you install the new version, it gives error, device not compatable
    This is awesome. I wasn't actually looking to flash the phone when I stumbled here. I had searched out the 755 ROMS about 5-6 months back and added to them RAM to boost some functionality.

My only trouble is being unable to use the IM client as mentioned above.
    The icon was there, then you need to download it from sprint.com
    but when you run the IM app is returns "device not supported" box with the text " the application is not authorized to run on this device".

Any ideas on getting past this? Or are others not having this issue?
    If others can use the IM app it might be some remains left over from the previous version that I should not have restored.
    I got this error too after upgrading
    Kocoman

Any advise as to whether I should attempt a 700 to 755 upgrade to a Bell unit?

Cheers

Mark
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Turning money into noise and the occasional gadget
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolspode View Post
    Kocoman

Any advise as to whether I should attempt a 700 to 755 upgrade to a Bell unit?

Cheers

Mark
    If you can do a nv dump and r2sd dump for me first if you don't mind (espically the r2sd dump) I wish I can do it for you, it would be easier than explaining.. anyway let me know if you are interested in doing that first...

(sorry I have been dreaming of getting the CC-cap/PRI off Bell for over 1 1/2 years now..)
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streger View Post

My only trouble is being unable to use the IM client as mentioned above.
    The icon was there, then you need to download it from sprint.com
    but when you run the IM app is returns "device not supported" box with the text " the application is not authorized to run on this device".

Any ideas on getting past this? Or are others not having this issue?
    If others can use the IM app it might be some remains left over from the previous version that I should not have restored.
    I noticed this too, is there any other better IM clients that can be installed instead?
    Does anyone know if this would be possible to do on a verizon 700p? and if so what directions would be the best to follow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasealicious11 View Post
    Does anyone know if this would be possible to do on a verizon 700p? and if so what directions would be the best to follow?
    Yes, should work fine

Telus > Sprint
    Bell > Sprint
    Sprint > Sprint
    Verizon > Sprint

but verizon/sprint/telus etc logo won't change
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    IM no longer works. Please discuss here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1430906
    Anybody successfully done the upgrade on a Telus 700p ? Hints to ensure a successful result would be most welcome
    Reeeeeeeely need the 700 for work - and and bricking it, just isn't an option

I seem to recall somewhere in this thread that Kocoman is on Telus and got it working (or is my sometimers memory kicking in again) ? 100% working or almost 100% working ?

Getting severely po'd at Bluetooth issues and am ready to try the upgrade given a reasonable chance of success (and a bail out by reverting if it fails)

Maybe all I need is someone to say - yep, been there done it, and it works great ... read the threads, back up thoroughly and go for it
    TIA