Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by musicmann51 View Post
    I went to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VPMGAJGF. It listed the file, but I couldn't download it. How do I download the file?
    You have to type in the password it shows (three letters) then click download button. You'll then wait 45 seconds for the free download option/button to appear...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Agreed, thats what I like about the 700p too, and also its antenna, I can use it to pull off the protection case when I need to use the keyboard.

The thing I hate is the palm's case is slippery unlike the 755p. I wish there was some way to change that.
    Hey Kocoman,

to fix the slipperyness of the 700's case, I use a clear vinyl skin from www.bestskinsever.com. Cost about $7, my first one lasted almost 2 years! I just put my second one on. I also use these on my mp3 player.

Lee
    The update was ok and it did improve the speed in most of my appications but i did not like it, it seemed to slowdown my internet speed conection by almost 200 kbs (my personal experience) also bt did the work but not as clear as with the Treo700p-1.10-SPNT not as loud i got hearing issues too so i need loud. i goin back to my Treo700p-1.10-SPNT. should be done in about 5 mins. I'll post the results.
    I went back to Sprint Treo 700p Update 1.10 released by palm on June 21, 2007 and ruuned a speed test from my laptop using PADNET 411 along with my lap top and didn't see a difference on the connection speed, how ever when running the speed test with the palm blazer 4.5 that is with the Sprint Treo 700p Update 1.10 and the 755p convertion i did noticed a big difference. as far as the bt there war a significant difference between the to updates. i personally hate to pay for software EXAMPLE PDANET. they sell you the software on line if you format your pc. you must buy the prog. again and opera charging for their mini opera it's wrong. "my opinion any ways" . any opinion on a free internet browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by wink100 View Post
    Do I put this on the SD card through Card Export II and the reinstall into the treo. When I do I don't see the palm updater. Although it appears when I navigate to the card through my desktop.

Can anybody give me a pointer on "romupdater.prc for dummies"?
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    Copy the entire unzipped contents of the 755 ROM file to an SD card in the /ROM folder.

Okay I downloaded lovedatreo's file to my desktop. I unzipped the file. How do I copy the contents of the unzipped file to by SD card -- which is in my treo.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    you need to place your card in to a card reader then you could just copy and paste
    First post here. I did the 700p upgrade to 755p. One question, my 700p still says treo 700p 1.10 has anyone installed the 755p update 1.07 how is it working.
    OK, I have searched dozens of threads but come up dry.

The following alerts screen displays every day at Noon since loading the 755P ROM on my 700P. Otherwise everything is working great with the new load.

Snap-C4058A09.jpg

I cannot locate any setting that will disable this "feature". I seem to recall that I originally saw this on the 700P load when I first received the unit, but cannot locate or recall the way to disable it.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Malcom
    Quote Originally Posted by mgriffith View Post
    OK, I have searched dozens of threads but come up dry.

The following alerts screen displays every day at Noon since loading the 755P ROM on my 700P. Otherwise everything is working great with the new load.

Snap-C4058A09.jpg

I cannot locate any setting that will disable this "feature". I seem to recall that I originally saw this on the 700P load when I first received the unit, but cannot locate or recall the way to disable it.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Malcom
    Maybe its "My Treo" trying to update. but it updates at 3AM IIRC
    try to disable it

As to the version string. I don't know how to edit the tokens, without any palms to try my reasearch on, there is no progress (from me at least)
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    OK, I performed the 755p ROM upgrade on my 700p and everything went smoothly. I verified I have the new ROM (the arrow in the SMS chat and the IM app appeared). Unfortunately, I have not seen a decrease in "white screen of pause" or improved stability. I still get random resets and even resets while in the SMS (a.k.a. Messaging) app.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    OK, I performed the 755p ROM upgrade on my 700p and everything went smoothly. I verified I have the new ROM (the arrow in the SMS chat and the IM app appeared). Unfortunately, I have not seen a decrease in "white screen of pause" or improved stability. I still get random resets and even resets while in the SMS (a.k.a. Messaging) app.
    I've noticed certain apps cause these resets. Try and figure out which ones, for me it was the "Ultimate phone app". It gives my Treo a nice interface and all but I had no choice but to part ways with it, I would get random resets. After removing that My device is great....
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Maybe its "My Treo" trying to update. but it updates at 3AM IIRC
    try to disable it

As to the version string. I don't know how to edit the tokens, without any palms to try my reasearch on, there is no progress (from me at least)
    I do not have an account set up in My Treo, nor can I find any setting related to automatic updates. Whatever is behind the alerts notice, it definately happens at Noon daily.

Curiouser and curiouser....
    Leke, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the main app that seems to reset is the SMS (Messaging) app. The problem seems to show up after I go to the Messaging app to read an SMS. While still in the app, but not doing anything, the phone will reset. Although I do not know how to confirm this, I suspect the reset might be related to receiving an SMS while I have the Messaging app open. So far, the problem has always happened after I read a message. I can do some playing and see if I can narrow things down. I have also had a reset in the Phone app after I received the "Network Signal Faded" during a call. I was trying to redial and the darn phone reset. Grrrr.

BTW, the update to the 755p ROM is NO WORSE than the phone after the MR last summer. I was just hoping for perfection.
    It just dawned on me I have Crash Pro installed. For some reason it was logging nothing immediately after I installed the 755p ROM, but I just checked and have some useful information now. Here is my list of crashes logged:

03/17/08 09:50 am Nexter 2.7 (Messaging app?)
    03/17/08 04:06 am GoodLink 4.9.1.4 (This is immediately following my scheduled BackupMan backup)
    03/16/08 04:06 am GoodLink 4.9.1.4
    03/14/08 04:06 am Launcher 5.2H
    03/13/08 08:15 pm Launcher 5.2H
    03/10/08 11:01 am Nexter 2.7
    03/09/08 04:05 am Launcher 5.2H
    03/07/08 04:04 am Nexter 2.7
    03/05/08 06:16 pm BackupMan 2.3

This does not support my assertion the Messaging app was the primary culprit, but I trust Crash Pro over my "observance" of the problem.

Any suggestions how I might further diagnose the true cause of these problems?
    Weird...my Sprint 700p radio has been randomly turning off several times per day. Its been doing this since I completed the conversion several weeks ago. Huge hassle with missed calls, texts and emails. I don't have any apps configured to control the timing of radio on/off state so this is baffling. Very rarely a system reset occurs, just the radio turning off. I'm about to do another hard reset and re-load apps one by one but before I go that route, anyone have any experience with this?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo View Post
    Weird...my Sprint 700p radio has been randomly turning off several times per day. Its been doing this since I completed the conversion several weeks ago. Huge hassle with missed calls, texts and emails. I don't have any apps configured to control the timing of radio on/off state so this is baffling. Very rarely a system reset occurs, just the radio turning off. I'm about to do another hard reset and re-load apps one by one but before I go that route, anyone have any experience with this?
    Had you previously applied the Sprint 700p MR that updated the firmware to 1.10? There had been lots of reported network dropouts associated with that MR.
    I'm experiencing the following problems since applying the 755p update onto my 700p:

- Extremely frequent "network signal faded" call drops when in my car. Suspect that tower handoffs are NOT occurring properly.
    - No real improvement in BT disconnects with Motorola H300
    - Shorter usable range of Motorola H300
    - Infrequent random dropout periods where person on other end hears choppy audio through BT headset.

These problems have been verified on 2 entirely different 700p's (both using different Motorola H300 headsets).

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by elh1188 View Post
    Had you previously applied the Sprint 700p MR that updated the firmware to 1.10? There had been lots of reported network dropouts associated with that MR.
    No. But Sprint seems to have upgraded to this version. My current Treo was a new or refurbed 700p I received as a replacement after my original 700p was stolen. If firmware updates were completed, it was done via factory or during refurb process....software currently reads "Treo 700p-1.10-SPNT". Do you suspect this is the problem?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    I did a hard reset before running this update to be sure my Sprint Treo 700p would have enough RAM to do it. Then I went through the motions of installing this via the instructions in the first post of this thread and other suggestions in the thread later. However, it does not appear to have worked even though everything proceeded as planned, the updater app showed "vent" and "dvt" like it was supposed to (in the first post they are upper-case, but my Treo showed them in lower-case), I got no errors, and my Treo rebooted as expected at the end of the operation. The "Phone Info" screen still shows "Treo700p-1.10-SPNT" in the Software field. Plus, I still have the annoying extra DTMF tone when a system alert pops up. The only thing different I noticed is a slightly different startup page after a soft reset. As such, I don't think this updater worked. Any ideas anyone?

Same for me. I got new apps and all, but i dont see any major changes in my phone either. Mine also still says 700p-1.10-SPNT, which is causing me to not be able to install IM since it says i'm not running the right phone for it Also, Versamail, even after the update still sucks....it doesn't work w/ Hotmail. I'm gonna try and re-download SprintMobileEmail since that worked w/ all my accounts