1.    #1  
    I noticed at the VZW store that the brand new Verizon Treo 755p has the firmware 1.06 built-in and it doesn't have the DTMF tone bug. I have the VZW Treo 700p-_1.10 firmware which has that annoying DTMF tone bug. I played around with the Treo 755p to see if I could reproduce the DTMF tone bug and it appears to be fixed FWIW.

Maybe that is why the VZW Treo 755p was delayed because VZW and Palm were testing the new firmware 1.06 on the VZW Treo 755p.

The original Sprint Treo 755p came with 1.04 firmware and of course, recently been updated to 1.07.
    My only-2-month-old international unbranded (not a Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, etc.) 755p is ... VERSION 1.01!!! ... LOL.

So you guys/gals are lucky to have versions 1.04, 1.06, 1.07 or whatever.

When I dial or recieve calls, or store phone numbers in "Contacts", numbers don't even appear divided on screen like normal Treos and other phones. Like "555-555-5555". Mine goes like "5555555555". Pretty difficult to read/identify phone numbers sometimes. I guess they fixed that in version 1.02 ...

Pretty sad to be so far behind.
    Any idea if the 1.06 is posted yet? My 755p bought last month still has the 1.04.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ok, stupid question I know, but where do I find the version
    on my phone??
    thanks
    Go to Phone app --> Options menu --> Phone Info
    I upgraded from a 700P about 2 weeks ago and I have 1.06-VZW so I assume I have the latest. I have not noticed the DTMF issue but how do you test to see if it is there? Any suggestions?
    I got the 755p on the first day it was available from verizon, I just checked and mine is 1.06

ET
  8. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    My only-2-month-old international unbranded (not a Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, etc.) 755p is ... VERSION 1.01!!! ... LOL.
    Interesting that you have an unbranded 755p... where did you get it and how involved did it get to set it up on your carrier?
    Well, it's not really unbranded per se.

I say that because first, it's not from the regular big carriers (Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, etc.), my mobile company is called CLARO (Puerto Rico and Latin America). To these companies, Palm send black Treo 755p's that have early and outdated software versions and don't have some of the apps that Sprint or Verizon's versions have.

And second, because the Software version (Phone Info, in phone app) on my phone is *Treo755p-1.01-CDMA*. For example, the Verizon ones are named *Treo755p-1.xx-VZW*. Same with Sprint, AT&T, etc. The "unbranded" versions are called just CDMA. In fact, the Treo ROM Updaters from Palm are always carrier-specific, but only for Verizon, Sprint, etc. They, sooooooomtimes do (they did for Treo 650, so I hope they do at least one for the 755p) a separate "generic" Updater for plain "CDMA" versions, like mine.

Edit: My phone is not unlocked (or whatever it's called). It only works with my carrier (Claro).
    Last edited by Cheker; 02/05/2008 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    I upgraded from a 700P about 2 weeks ago and I have 1.06-VZW so I assume I have the latest. I have not noticed the DTMF issue but how do you test to see if it is there? Any suggestions?
    No, for the 700p, 1.10 is the latest.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ate/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by sungchang View Post
    Any idea if the 1.06 is posted yet? My 755p bought last month still has the 1.04.
    Are you on Verizon? If so, then you need to go to a store. All Verizon 755p's should've come with 1.06.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by compo

I have a 755P with the 1.06-vzw. My 700P had the 1.10.

Thanks for the response.
  12.    #12  
    That is correct, but to be more specific, on the Verizon 700p, the latest is VZW-_1.10 (don't forget the "_" underscore).

Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by compo

I have a 755P with the 1.06-vzw. My 700P had the 1.10.

Thanks for the response.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post
    Are you on Verizon? If so, then you need to go to a store. All Verizon 755p's should've come with 1.06.
    Oops, I was looking at the wrong information. The phone came with 1.06. Thanks.