1.    #1  
    Clicking on either "CONTACTS" or "CALENDAR" causes an instant reset.

##377# produces the message:

"A reset was caused while running "contacts":

StringMgr.c, Line:68,
    NULL string passed

What is causing this? very bizarre.
    Have you looked at running DBScan or its big sibling DBFixit?

DBFixit will fix many database issues in the registered mode and show issues in the unregistered mode.

Ben
    logmein do you have the app Fontsmoother? I had a problem with clicking on contacts after I went to a larger font with fontsmoother. It kept resetting. I went back and changed the font and then it was ok.
  4.    #4  
    "Have you looked at running DBScan or its big sibling DBFixit?

DBFixit will fix many database issues in the registered mode and show issues in the unregistered mode. "

Ben

Hey Ben. I'm going to take a look at those two programs to see what I can find out. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Which site do you recommend downloading software from? Handango.com?
  5.    #5  
    "logmein do you have the app Fontsmoother? I had a problem with clicking on contacts after I went to a larger font with fontsmoother. It kept resetting. I went back and changed the font and then it was ok. "

Hi Cathearder, thanks for replying. I don't have fontsmoother but I did recently download agendus 12.0 from iambic.com before this crossup started. It was odd. I could access my contacts and the calendar within agendus, but I couldn't open them up from the main menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    "Have you looked at running DBScan or its big sibling DBFixit?

DBFixit will fix many database issues in the registered mode and show issues in the unregistered mode. "

Ben

Hey Ben. I'm going to take a look at those two programs to see what I can find out. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Which site do you recommend downloading software from? Handango.com?
    Here also is Bill Gamble's instructions and a free download link for dbScan:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/showpost.php?p=778768
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/02/2008 at 08:42 PM.
    logmein, I would try to delete Agendus and see if things go back to normal. One thing I did after my problem was to make a link in my favorites in the phone application for contacts, calendar, and applications, as well as to my backup program NVbackup. That way if the buttons don't work you can get there another way to try to fix the problem.